Nerf RapidStrike Review, Internals, and Locks Removal

1 reply to this topic

#1 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

Posted Image

Everything about it is very nice. Here are some photos before the internals and locks removal.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It has the Stryfe's wonderful, middle-finger magazine release button.
Posted Image

The foregrip seems Magpul inspired.

Posted Image

The stock has two settings: all the way out, and all the way in. It's quite comfortable, and one can actually get his face low enough to look through the ghost-ring sights.

Posted Image

In stock form, it fires roughly 216 darts per minute, which is quite a bit faster than a Stampede. I feature both of those in my review video, in case you're interested.

Internals

Posted Image

Posted Image

The flywheels: standard stuff.

Posted Image

The rectangular box that is above the trigger is the dart pusher. It works like this.

Posted Image

This is what it looks like when it is split open.

Posted Image

The worm gear on the end of this motor spins this gear on the bottom of the metal bar.

Posted Image

The small gear spins a large disc, which in turn moves the dart pusher back and forth. This video quickly explains it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdR0a01VLmY

#2 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

Lock Removal

If you want to be able to fire your blaster without the magazine in, you will have to remove the locks preventing it from doing so.

Posted Image

You will need to remove the white piece and the sensor it triggers. Snip both red wires that attach to it and solder them together.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now you will need to remove the white piece and its minions. Take out the screw that is left of the pictured circuit board. Then remove the circuit board. I suggest doing this by bowing the small orange tab outwards with a small screwdriver, such as I am doing in this photo.

Posted Image

Then remove the circuit board.

Posted Image

Now hold this piece open while removing both white pieces pictured below. Needle nose pliers are quite helpful.

Posted Image

Now you can fire your blaster without magazines.

And here is my review of this blaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0oAfCvdjP8

Posted Image

Have fun!

Edited by DartSlinger, 09 August 2013 - 10:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users