Photo

M.A.W. - Minnesota AFoN War

3 replies to this topic

#1 eversor-revertimortuus

eversor-revertimortuus

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

The second Minnesota AFoN War will be Saturday, September 21st, 2013 (10am to around 2 or 3pm). It will be just outside of Hastings, Minnesota, in the Spring Lake Park Reserve. This is going to be a stock-only war, so any modified blasters or ammo is not welcome (For our wars, painting is modding. The only allowed mod is removing the dart detector from the Stryfe, as the first release don't work well with them).

We're planning on this being mostly a 16 year old or older event, but there's sure to be some younger kids, and that's cool too (we'll try to accommodate).

If you would like, you can bring food to the park, there are charcoal grills available (bring charcoal), as well as a few outlets (for crock pots or what have you). It will also be toward the end of September, but be sure to bring bottled water and dress appropriately. There is a fully plumbed bathroom available in the park as well.

Posted Image

Location: Spring Lake Park Reserve - (8500 127th Street East, Hastings, MN 55033)
Time: 10am to 3pm
Date: Saturday September 21st, 2013

What to bring:
-Bottled water
-Lunch
-Eye protection
-At least 3 stock blasters and enough ammo (one of those blasters should be a pistol)
What not to bring:
-Modified blasters (the only acceptable modification is removal of the Stryfe's dart lock)
-Modified ammo
-Home-made blasters
-Home-made ammo

Possible Gametypes:
-Deathmatch
-Capture the Flag
-Attack/Defend
-Rescue
-Hunted
-D-Flag
Basic Rules:
-Stock Blasters and Ammo only (no painted either, please)
-Eye protection Mandatory
-Single Nerf-made shield per person (Manta, Stampede Shield, or Stonewall Shield)
-Bring at least 3 blasters, one of those being a pistol
-Bring enough ammo and know what you bring (marking ammo would be best).
-Other blaster brands are definitely allowed!
I am Mr. K of AFoN - The Adult Fans of Nerf blog.

#2 eversor-revertimortuus

eversor-revertimortuus

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

MAW is on for this Saturday! It's looking like it'll be a sunny day with a high of 69 degrees, so dress accordingly! We're looking forward to seeing what kind of turn-out we get for our second war this year!
I am Mr. K of AFoN - The Adult Fans of Nerf blog.

#3 Crusher9051

Crusher9051

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

-

Edited by Crusher9051, 04 October 2021 - 10:29 PM.

Zip: 54751

#4 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Sadly I can't make it out this weekend. Stock blasters are a lot of fun though, so hopefully I'll be able to make it to a future one!
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users