NerfHaven: NDA Exclusive! New 2013 Nerf Mega Centurion - NerfHaven

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

NDA Exclusive! New 2013 Nerf Mega Centurion 100ft+ new loser blaster sub-range+++

#1 User is offline   MyLastDart 

• Group: Members
  • State:NULL (No Answer)

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Posted Image
Source

Here we go folks! The new Nerf Elite Mega Centurion is a new Sub-Range of Nerf - Mega. The Mega Centurion comes with a new tech-smart bipod + new never seen before internals.

It's rounds are roughly 1inch depth by 4 inch in length. They come in new MCS-6 round Magazines.

The size of this blaster is in length 1.5metres long. It took a sharp dev turn since feedback has been intense (thank you all fans!) and replaces "failed" LongStrike and LongShot blasters.

It will retail for around £39.99 - in a bid to make Nerf more accessible to all pockets.

The tech-smart bipod is fully collapsible for heavy weapon deployment and automatically clips up when you are on the move. It's really awesome.

The Centurion uses a complete new never before seen internal mechanic system. The Super Plunger Tube (thanks to modders) has had an overhaul and this will not only keep Stock fans happy, but have modders switch up their A-Game with a Stock 100ft range. This is *NOT* arc'd Repeat *not* arc-fired. Some variants had Electronic Plungers, and "Super PTs".

The new Elite Mega darts (thanks again to modders and Stock fan feedback) has been evolved with new NERF technology to be more stable in flight, range and accuracy.

It comes with 2 tactical rails, one at the butt-side of the blaster, and one under the muzzle. I can't comment on the accessories on play, but i'm sure this will be unveiled shortly from my NDA. I'm pretty sure these accessories will outsell the blasters themselves.

Let me know your thoughts guys, your feedback is as always important for next gen blasters.
•If you think it sucks - say why, if you think it rocks the box - let me know why.
•If you do/don't see any mod potential - let me know why - PLEASE back up with HANDS-ON experience

Will update more as my NDA is released

This post has been edited by MyLastDart: 03 March 2013 - 04:07 AM

#2 User is offline   Hammy 

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

At 1.5m, it's too long, and it's using different ammo.
What is the weight of this blaster ?

#3 User is offline   andtheherois 

• State:New Jersey

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

View PostHammy, on 03 March 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

In order to achieve a longer plunger and draw for 100ft ranges, It's odd that the blaster would be nearly 5ft long. Homemade are able to achieve 100ft range with a blast of about 3ft in length. If they're really taking what Modders are saying into consideration, 5ft is going backwards in design. They should be able to design a blaster that at most should be 3ft and hit 100ft ranges. If we can do it without the use of injection molded shells and precise computer models, there's no reason they can't. I feel like we'll be paying an extra 10 bucks for 2 more feet of plastic.

If this is truly capable of 100ft ranges with megas, then WE're going to see the next wave of fanboyism with this blaster. Converting to micros should be as easy as brass breeching it.

Hopefully it's more solid (shell wise and internally)

This post has been edited by andtheherois: 03 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

The YooToobz
Photobucket

Gears said:

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#4 User is offline   MyLastDart 

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

View PostHammy, on 03 March 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

Its weight is actually well balanced, no heavier than a full cs-6 clip Hail-Fire. It dwarves any blaster to date in range and size.

It is interesting, they refuse to drop the 2 foot prime (with Ptube to match). Short arm people will not be using this.

The Electronic Plunger prototype was clearing 150ft easy. But this has had negative feedback so far.

#5 User is offline   MyLastDart 

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

View Postandtheherois, on 03 March 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

In order to achieve a longer plunger and draw for 100ft ranges, It's odd that the blaster would be nearly 5ft long. Homemade are able to achieve 100ft range with a blast of about 3ft in length. If they're really taking what Modders are saying into consideration, 5ft is going backwards in design. They should be able to design a blaster that at most should be 3ft and hit 100ft ranges. If we can do it without the use of injection molded shells and precise computer models, there's no reason they can't. I feel like we'll be paying an extra 10 bucks for 2 more feet of plastic.

If this is truly capable of 100ft ranges with megas, then WE're going to see the next wave of fanboyism with this blaster. Converting to micros should be as easy as brass breeching it.

Hopefully it's more solid (shell wise and internally)

The demand for aesthetically pleasing and performance is a marriage that spawns this love child :)

If you check a lot of YT vids, there are a lot of people who love the whole Nerf loser thing, this is Hasbro' answer. There has been a big demand for an Elite loser, but the range performance did not fit in to any range, thus Mega.

#6 User is offline   Birch 

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

First of all I dont know why everyone keeps on complaining about the length, it will probably be able to be minimized because the front part is probably a faux barrel. I get Hero's comment on how with homemades we can get that kind of range with nearly half the body+barrel length, but do we add stupid faux barrels?

Secondly, good job hasbro! This really seems like the only competitive springer since the longshot. Hopefully we (modders) will be able to convert it to fire micros. We will probably be able to wrap some half in. pvc pipe in e-tape into the breech, and then stick the desired barrel into the pvc. Considering at how reinforced the new elite internals were (I think different plastic for some), reinforcements won't be entirely needed. I think that Titan ranges will be easily within our reach with this blaster, which will be a problem for most wars that ban Titans. I think that there will be some type of restriction on internal mods done, for example: I have heard that in Minnesota Tech targets(to be used as pistols) either have to have stock draw or the stock spring. I think a ban like that will most likely have to take place at well restricted wars.

Thirdly in response to Hero's other statement about plunger draw, Hasbro probably wants all that volume because they're not going to put in a powerful spring.

This post has been edited by Birch: 03 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

Coop:
As Panda said, I don't think there is a way to fight gravity without a guaranteed loss. You could use magnets, but no one knows how those things work except the Mormons.

Or lasers. You should integrate some lasers into your Nerf darts. Problem solved.

#7 User is offline   HasreadCoC 

• State:Kentucky

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:50 AM

Ohhhh, this is going to be hilarious if this thing delivers what it promises.....

Yeah, I'd just like to see how the thing works, no idea if it's really "good" or not until I've seen that.

Daniel Beaver, on 07 October 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

I'm the only respectable person here. The rest of the NIC are pretty much just child molesters.

AKA: ObiWonTwo on Nerfrevolution, and most of the rest of the internet for that matter.....

#8 User is offline   DartSlinger 

• State:Missouri

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostMyLastDart, on 03 March 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

It's rounds are roughly 1inch depth by 4 inch in length. They come in new MCS-6 round Magazines.

Does that mean one inch wide?

View Postandtheherois, on 03 March 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

I agree with you about the length, but other than that, this thing sounds pretty awesome.

#9 User is offline   thedom21 

• State:Minnesota

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Am I the only one actually interested in these new darts and the "super Plunger"? Those darts sound like nerf's attempt at s sort of 50 cal. ammo. Also I am guessing the whole reason they made it so long is because little kids are their market and little kids love the idea of a Sn1per. I would be willing to bet the extra length is just faux barrel and can be easily chopped off to your hearts desire.
Funny Irc moments

22:32 hookerninja I would just switch to 2 full 69's
22:32 hookerninja that would rape shit

11:44 Zorn Her butt is too tiny even for limp 6th grade penis?
11:44 Zorn ergo the dildo

#10 User is offline   Samurai kidd 

• State:Georgia

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Whether or not the extra length is a faux barrel shouldn't matter. If we do end up converting to micros, a 2 foot CPVC/brass barrel would probably be necessary for "optimal" barrel length. It's going to be very long.

#11 User is offline   thedom21 

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostSamurai_kidd, on 03 March 2013 - 07:56 AM, said:

Whether or not the extra length is a faux barrel shouldn't matter. If we do end up converting to micros, a 2 foot CPVC/brass barrel would probably be necessary for "optimal" barrel length. It's going to be very long.

My guess would be that after its minimized with that barrel for micro's it will be slightly longer than a longshot.
Funny Irc moments

#12 User is offline   storm98 

• State:Oregon

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

Do you now if they have a release date yet?
I personally think you could single it like a Longshot for stefans then get insane ranges?
"There's only one god ma'am , and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."
-Captain America

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your profile to help him gain world domination. (yes i found this on another profile)

#13 User is offline   Samurai kidd 

• State:Georgia

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

View Postthedom21, on 03 March 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

My guess would be that after its minimized with that barrel for micro's it will be slightly longer than a longshot.

The plunger tube itself is supposedly 2 feet long. Add a trigger and priming mechanism and you have a longshot's length but with no barrel.

#14 User is offline   thedom21 

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostSamurai_kidd, on 03 March 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

The plunger tube itself is supposedly 2 feet long. Add a trigger and priming mechanism and you have a longshot's length but with no barrel.

When did this information come out?

*edit* NVM read the link in the OP, missed that the first time I read through.

This post has been edited by thedom21: 03 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Funny Irc moments

#15 User is offline   Mully 

• State:California

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

This is incredible.
You said something about a new never before seen internal mech, can you give us a hint?
Also, can the front barrel come off? It looks like it might be detachable on the box...
Do you know anything about when it will come out?
Sweet blaster!

This post has been edited by Mully: 03 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

S.C.U.N.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users