• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

Materials Needed:

Phillips Screwdriver
Something that cuts plastic well.
1 - 1in to 1/2in PVC bushing
1 - 1/2in CPVC coupler
Any length of 1/2in CPVC barrel (I used between 4 to 6 inches in length).

Sorry for lack of photos during process, but it is quite simple.

Step 1: Open the blaster
Step 2: Remove the internals. Scrap the front orange 8 barrel whatever it's called. That won't be needed.
Step 3: Place the bushing onto the desired plunger system, left or right (make sure the hexagon side is on the outside part as the coupler fits in that.
Posted Image
Step 4: Adhere to the system via epoxy, hot glue, etc.
Step 5: Cut shell to accommodate the bushing.
Posted Image
Step 6: Put internals back in, close it up, and have fun shooting.
Posted Image

Very important note. Whith this way of doing it, only one bushing will fit because of their size. If you choose the left barrel, everything should work out good. But, if you choose the right barrel, then you must do another step. There is a pushed up button by a spring that works with the priming mechanism. If you're not using the left barrel, either remove the spring or remove that part entirely and you'll be fine. It's on the outside, I only removed the spring and didn't even have to take it apart. It's right near the barrels. Btw, take the other plunger tube and spring out from the unused side, only causes more noise and could potentially break your plunger system. As well, with only using the right barrel and that removed, slamfire is the only way it'll shoot as of right now. Will be doing some more testing and maybe another Nerfer can come back with some more information.

For the ranges, it's snowing here so I can't officially test, but with a roughly 20ft hallway, hits the wall decently. I'm guessing between 60ft and 75ft flat. But I am not sure.
Happy Nerfing.
You're never too old to play with Nerf Blasters.

#2 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

I understand you doing this just to do it, but I personally don't see any viable use for this. It's too big for a secondary, too poor of range for a primary, poor rate of fire compared to original, cannot really be minimized in any way, and only one side can be singled, destroying the whole double shot concept and making it off-centered. I don't mean to hate/bash on this, perhaps you could point out some positives?

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#3 MattTheSasquatch

MattTheSasquatch

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

I understand you doing this just to do it, but I personally don't see any viable use for this. It's too big for a secondary, too poor of range for a primary, poor rate of fire compared to original, cannot really be minimized in any way, and only one side can be singled, destroying the whole double shot concept and making it off-centered. I don't mean to hate/bash on this, perhaps you could point out some positives?

It could potentially become a good primary once a spring is found that's more powerful than stock, but won't strip the gears. And again, I haven't been able to range test so I'm not totally clear on how the range is. I didn't think this would be a very high powered singled, or even very viable. Just seeing what works really and opening doors for more experienced modders to work with.

#4 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Tried finding a way to link both plungers to a single barrel?

#5 MattTheSasquatch

MattTheSasquatch

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Tried finding a way to link both plungers to a single barrel?

I suppose there could be a way, from what I found is these plunger system barrels are same size as 3/4in pvc pipe. The possibility of getting two of theose and epxoying them evenly to the plunger systems and then routing them into a single barrel could work. I would have tried that, but with me being in college, I don't have the time to attempt that. If this was summer time, I would have done that. Maybe someone else with more time can attempt that. But from what I was seeing, that is doable.

#6 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Personally, I think you've destroyed the value of this blaster. You'll have much better results with a Firestrike/NiteFinder, and for only half the price. If you really want to do this, do it to a Barrel Break, and follow Jerm's write-up. Or my write-up, and you'll have the same exact thing, only a lot more compact and yellow.

#7 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Personally, I think you've destroyed the value of this blaster. You'll have much better results with a Firestrike/NiteFinder, and for only half the price. If you really want to do this, do it to a Barrel Break, and follow Jerm's write-up. Or my write-up, and you'll have the same exact thing, only a lot more compact and yellow.

Agreed , absolute butcher job on a perfectly good blaster.

#8 MattTheSasquatch

MattTheSasquatch

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Well, it's not permanent so I can always switch it back. But it's not all that bad as what you guys think it is. If it's not your cup o'tea than that's fine. And I've already done a NiteFinder and Firestrike. This was moreso an experiment than anything else just to see what it can do.

#9 cheyner

cheyner

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

I like that you took the blasters name literally when making your minimization.

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

Canadian Nerfers-R.I.P.

#10 nutterbutter

nutterbutter

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

I'd guess this was a "rather then toss this because I fucked up the stock barrel assembly, I'll single it" mod. We've all done it, at least once. Just so happens, this guy did a write up about it. That's all.
Formerly known as Doubleshot

#11 Samurai kidd

Samurai kidd

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

Three questions:

1: Why did you jam a cpvc coupler into the bushing? Do you not have any nested barrels?

2: Did you just not do anything with the second plunger? Why not at least make dual speedloaders or linked plunger tubes?

3: Why is there so much tape on your barrel?

Edit: Could've sworn I changed it to three when I thought of the last one.
Oh well.

Edited by Samurai_kidd, 03 February 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#12 MattTheSasquatch

MattTheSasquatch

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Two questions:

1: Why did you jam a cpvc coupler into the bushing? Do you not have any nested barrels?

2: Did you just not do anything with the second plunger? Why not at least make dual speedloaders or linked plunger tubes?

3: Why is there so much tape on your barrel?

1. No, I don't have any nesting barrels, and this system is easy and works well.

2. Currently, the second plunger system is out. When I get time, I will work on linked plunger tubes.

3. So you're not looking at a boring white barrel, but something more colorful.

Edit: BTW, that was 3 questions.

Edited by MattTheSasquatch, 03 February 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#13 Modded Brain 115

Modded Brain 115

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Couldn't you have CPVC couplered the plungers. Then you wouldn't waste money and could fit two.
EDIT: Never mind, I saw the plungers.

Edited by Modded Brain 115, 03 February 2013 - 03:18 PM.

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your profile to help him gain world domination.
(")_(") (yes i found this on another profile)

#14 Jimu RetroGuru

Jimu RetroGuru

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

That's TAPE on the barrel?!?

Thank goodness, I thought you raided the dumpster behind a brothel for parts.

Nice "veined" grip, there.

#15 Kyhan

Kyhan

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

Jeez, people are being a bit merciless here.

The tape kind of looks bad. You could easily paint it to make it look better, or go more carefully over it with the tape.

Good luck.

#16 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

Well, it's not permanent so I can always switch it back. But it's not all that bad as what you guys think it is. If it's not your cup o'tea than that's fine. And I've already done a NiteFinder and Firestrike. This was moreso an experiment than anything else just to see what it can do.

I will admit, it does look sloppy. But this has given me inspiration on what to do, when I get my hands on a second one.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#17 Slime

Slime

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Jeez, people are being a bit merciless here.

Yeah, honestly.

Anyway, It's not the cleanest thing , but I get that you're just experimenting. I think a better idea would be putting in some 2k tanks and having it pump by the priming handle. That way you could use a cool shell and get even better ranges, unless you find a stronger spring and fix the other side.

Edited by Slime, 14 February 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#18 TheLastVulcaneer

TheLastVulcaneer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

Good write-up, but im not really sure why you would want to single-shot a shotgun.

Don't post in old threads, although your point is pretty valid

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 17 June 2013 - 11:02 PM.

Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLastVulcaneer
Blog:http://thenerfviewpioint.wordpress.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users