• 214 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:39 AM

Posted Image

#2 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:42 AM

Hey, I've been making those darts. I don't know about the anti-jam, but I don't want my weights flying out or my brother crying when I shoot him, so I always glue padding to the tip of my darts. It works really well. You can feel the dart hit you, but it doesn't sting / break through skin.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#3 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 11:09 AM

Nice idea, but how do you glue the 1cm of foam on without the hot glue melting it? My parnets keep getting mad at me when my sister gets welts from me shooting her with Stefans, so, ah, I'd like to do this. ^_^
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

#4 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:05 PM

If you use a dual-setting glue gun set the temp. to low. It doesnt melt my foam at this setting but it does at high. Thats a cool idea, i gotta try that someday. ^_^
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#5 Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:37 PM

I do that with my stefans... I let the hotglue cool for a little bit before I press on the foam cap. The back half (or so) of my 3-4 mm. caps melt into the hotglue, and they hold on really well. It really works, and it doesn't take much extra time.
Do not mess with CXWQ, for he has Admin powers and will bann your flaming little a**.

Techno-Dann of the Seattle Tactical Nerf Team

#6 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:54 PM

I have an interesting problem. All my stefans just flop out and fishtail. They don't work well. I want to know how to make a stefan. What exact fishing weights do you use? Is there FBR size that works for crayola barrels(stock micros)?

Sorry for acting like a newb...
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#7 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:01 PM

I have an interesting problem. All my stefans just flop out and fishtail. They don't work well. I want to know how to make a stefan. What exact fishing weights do you use? Is there FBR size that works for crayola barrels(stock micros)?

Your problem is that your dart's aren't weighted correctly.

For Micros, use BB size Split Shot Sinkers/fishing weights.
For Megas, use 7/0 size Split Shot Sinkers/fishing weights.

Then again, some people use 3/0 for both micros and megas.

If you still have a problem, that means that your gun is powerful, congrats, you need 2 weights though. Be sure to make a DOME, not a cave, when putting in hot glue.
You often need two for things like blowguns, I love blowguns. Yay.

EDIT: You can also use BBs, forgot.

Edited by Arcanis, 16 June 2004 - 07:52 PM.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:04 PM

I see everyone doing these foam caps, so I tried one myself. To say the least, it was horrible. Anyways, I also tried something different, and it seemed to work. I'm not sure how much less it would hurt, since I really don't want to shoot myself. I took a normal stefan without holes or weights or hot glue. I then took a small hobby knife and cut a deep "x" into the top, and shoved a steel shot in there until it was basically engulfed by the foam. I then put just a dab of hot glue on the front where the hole was, so it would keep in place. Has anyone done this before?

~ompa

#9 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:08 PM

Above post-
Yes, but they're dangerous, cause the weight can be exposed and/or fly out because a lack of hot glue.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#10 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:15 PM

1. Use BBs or slingshot ammo.
2. What i do to make stefans is to poke a hole in the backer rod and put the BBs in. After that just hot glue the tip.

Tip: make sure the hole is centered.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#11 3DBBQ

3DBBQ

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:18 PM

The proportion must need to adjust, because I use Darts is dissimilar with you

End if can appear rocks, may lie in front end the barrel to drill a hole

proportion:

low power 0.5 cm & 4cm [][_____]

mega darts loser 1.3cm &6.5cm [_][________]

Edited by 3DBBQ, 15 June 2004 - 01:22 PM.

#12 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:20 PM

Maybe with my caps I was just using too much hot glue... I'll figure it out- thanks though.

~ompa

#13 3DBBQ

3DBBQ

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 06:30 AM

High quality homemade soft darts
PICTURE are here

http://www.nt3.idv.t...antijamsoft.htm

Edited by 3DBBQ, 16 June 2004 - 06:33 AM.

#14 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:58 PM

Man, I wish they sold red FBR here in the states...

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#15 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 06:51 PM

;) Those red darts seem very firmiliar....
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#16 Raiden

Raiden

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 07:27 PM

Damn it, why does everything he makes have to be so much cooler then the rest of ours? I wonder where I can find some colored fbr.

#17 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 07:56 PM

I'v made them a while ago and they seemed to hurt more then a normal...or the p.s.i. on my gun is high...
Die with honor...Fight with pride...
Aim toward your goals...Quicken your stride...
With great power comes great responsibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users