Photo

Easy Longshot Mod?

3 replies to this topic

#1 WhiskeySix

WhiskeySix

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

I just bought a Longshot on ebay for cheap, but unfortunately, it only goes about 10 feet, and the spring is kind of worn out, as this appears to be heavily used. There are a few nicks in the paint, but nothing that I can't fix. What is the easiest mod I can do to get it shooting a respectable range again that has the lowest risk of bricking the blaster? Sorry for being a noob. I tried using the search but I did not understand anything people said.
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

DO NOT Post a 'which is best' thread, a 'what mods should I do to my [blaster]' thread, etc. Read the forums, make your own decision. (New Members Guide)

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 12 September 2012 - 10:34 AM.

#2 abowden

abowden

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

I suggest you replace the the spring, and drill out the AR's the AR's are things that restrict air flow, they are in the bolt, the thing that chambers and holds the dart, some silisone lube and mane even a little tape under the o-ring to get optimal seal would be advised. If you do replace the spring, you may also have to reinforce the bolt sled, I suggest you go to the modifications directory and read through every guide for the long-shot their is.

#3 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:22 AM

OK, while abowden is mostly right regarding his advice (despite spelling) First thing is, if the spring is shot, replace it. If you want to get it back up to spec, you can always put in a Big Bad Bow spring. If you decide on a [k25] or [k26], then you will need to reinforce it. The Longshot A/R doesn't need to be drilled out, a hammer, long screwdriver and some careful hits and it will pop right out. e-tape under the o-ring on the plunger head works well, I personally, use teflon plumbers tape. The Mod Directory, is a great source of knowledge, try and figure out things first, then ask the questions if you can't figure it out.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#4 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

http://nerfhaven.com...ndpost&p=267039

"Which mod is best/easiest" and "how do I mod my blaster" threads are not allowed on these forums because all anyone says is a rehash of what has been said before. We have a directory of modifications. If you don't understand a guide, that means you probably shouldn't do it.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users