Posted Image

Posted Image
"...he is one speedy bastard." ~ Cheyner

#2 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

Excellent job. Now, these just need to become widely available.

I will be the one to ask: Ranges?

Also, is there a specific reason for using a titan barrel? Is there a PVC equivalent?

#3 proplus

proplus

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

My nipples are now permanetly rock solid.

amazing job.
"the peinus itself is a handle"

- Kane the medeocre

#4 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

Great job on the write-up, I see so much promise in this pistol. The only down side I see to this is that the tank no longer fits inside the gun, so a reshelling or integration is required. I hope Buzz Bee decides to market these to stores outside of Dollar General in the US as Dollar Generals don't exist where I live.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#5 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

Slick. Surely there must be some mcmaster tubes that will do the trick as well.

Does this increase the volume enough to operate a hopper?

#6 spencerak

spencerak

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

Wouldn't 1.25" PVC work the same? It has a nice fit over 3/4" PVC fittings so with E-tape and Goop it should be airtight.

Holy shit it's Captain Slug.

#7 gehaga

gehaga

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

makeitgo, always making quality write ups. Also you inspired me to do something similar. Thank you for motivating me to get up off my ass and do some modding.

Send me a PM with your address, credit card info, a scandalous picture of your mother, and your social security number. Okay, I'm kidding about the social. And the credit card.

#8 BiwinningPanda

BiwinningPanda

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

I did some measurements with my calipers, and this is what I got.
ID: 1.2"
OD: 1.585"

Necessary picture:
Posted Image

Edited by BiwinningPanda, 20 August 2012 - 06:54 PM.

LT.DAN ICE CREAM!!!!!! In response to the Tribal Council: Someone break out the Michael Jackson popcorn gif, this shit just got interesting.

#9 hamoidar

hamoidar

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

Great job! Although I havn't had much luck with air guns, I may just have to try this. With such a large tank volume, it could be integrated into a clip-system gun. Have you had any trouble with air leaking through the E-tape?
NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: http://nerfhaven.com...howuser=114052' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Best thing on Nerfhaven!

#10 One long shot

One long shot

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

How sturdy is the titan barrel? Can it withstand the kind of pressures you're forcing into it? Does it show signs of bloating or flexing when pressurized? Just a few questions...
Weirdness is a relative concept; If I'm weird to you, then what do I think is weird? If I'm it for you, what's it for me?

#11 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

How sturdy is the titan barrel? Can it withstand the kind of pressures you're forcing into it? Does it show signs of bloating or flexing when pressurized? Just a few questions...

Considering the wall thickness of the tube is almost .2", according to BiWinningPanda's measurements, I don't think it's going to have any trouble holding up to typical Nerf pressures. For reference, the wall thicknesses of Airtech tanks are in the realm of .050"-.060".

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#12 BiwinningPanda

BiwinningPanda

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

Considering the wall thickness of the tube is almost .2", according to BiWinningPanda's measurements, I don't think it's going to have any trouble holding up to typical Nerf pressures. For reference, the wall thicknesses of Airtech tanks are in the realm of .050"-.060".

Yeah. .2" is what I meant. Don't know how I messed that up.
LT.DAN ICE CREAM!!!!!! In response to the Tribal Council: Someone break out the Michael Jackson popcorn gif, this shit just got interesting.

#13 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

Yeah. .2" is what I meant. Don't know how I messed that up.

No, no, you were right, the way you worded it. The Inner Diameter (ID) is 1.2". The wall thickness is roughly .2".

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#14 BiwinningPanda

BiwinningPanda

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

No, no, you were right, the way you worded it. The Inner Diameter (ID) is 1.2". The wall thickness is roughly .2".

Oh, thanks. I got confused there.

#15 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:54 AM

I don't see the Titan barrel material being a problem, but I would never trust electical tape and goop in this application. Slick idea, if it were implemented better.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#16 Curly

Curly

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

I don't see the Titan barrel material being a problem, but I would never trust electical tape and goop in this application. Slick idea, if it were implemented better.

An easy solution would be to put the tape rings closer together and fill the gaps it creates with epoxy. The tape is important for alignment and stability, so it should be retained. I don't know how well solvent weld would be able to fill a gap like that, but it's also a possibility.

#17 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

An easy solution would be to put the tape rings closer together and fill the gaps it creates with epoxy. The tape is important for alignment and stability, so it should be retained. I don't know how well solvent weld would be able to fill a gap like that, but it's also a possibility.

When electrical tape is used for alignment purposes, it is almost always because there is a superior, but perhaps less accessible, solution.

PVC cement will also melt electrical tape since it is in most cases vinyl tape -- if you can't find better fitting pipes or tubes (since Canadians don't get McMaster), I would start by replacing the goop with cement.

However, unless you plan on pumping this to over 30 PSI, goop should be good enough: when it fails, it will just leak around the joint, as opposed to fracturing of the titan sleeve, which is probably a much bigger safety issue. In fact, I would recommend goop so that the failure point is in fact the joint as a built in safety mechanism.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#18 Homemade24

Homemade24

• Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

I am selling buzz bee panthers. Theyshoot 100 feet in 12 pumps. If interested go to
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 01 December 2012 - 08:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users