Shotgun

One has finally been made

19 replies to this topic

#1 pigeon4

pigeon4

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 08:52 AM

Attention everyone, I am proud to anounce that my testing is complete and I have developed the first working nerf shotgun. It's muzzle load which is the only bad thing but with 5 pumps I can shoot 10 darts 20-30 feet (I haven't measuerd so its around that distance). I have a small problem with a leak around the pump and after thats fixed the "Longinus Gun" will make its first appearance on the internet.

Edited by pigeon4, 04 June 2004 - 08:52 AM.

Current Projects:
1.Nerf XM8 Assault Rifle (WIP)
2. Nerf Gatling Gun (in planning)
3. LD-1 Rifle (in planning)
4. Striker Pistol (in planning)
5. Nerf Shotty (in planning)

#2 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:34 AM

Not to be trashing you or anything, but it's not the first shotgun. Someone on NH developed a shotgun round, turning any PVC modded gun into a shotgun. This is how to make one: Take FBR, quarter it lengthwise, put a glob of hot-glue on each quarter. The spread is great. So no, it's not the first working nerf shotgun.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#3 Nerfer16

Nerfer16

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 12:52 PM

Not to be trashing you or anything, but it's not the first shotgun. Someone on NH developed a shotgun round, turning any PVC modded gun into a shotgun. This is how to make one: Take FBR, quarter it lengthwise, put a glob of hot-glue on each quarter. The spread is great. So no, it's not the first working nerf shotgun.

He means it is the first shotgun that is actually designed as one, not just able to use ammo that makes it like a shotgun.
Nerfer16 of the Seattle Tactical Nerf Team
Nerf on!

#4 pigeon4

pigeon4

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:44 PM

He means it is the first shotgun that is actually designed as one, not just able to use ammo that makes it like a shotgun.

yep, he's got it
Current Projects:

#5 pigeon4

pigeon4

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 01:57 PM

ok, really sorry to double post, but here is the pic if you want to see it. At my dads suggestion I made another barrel thats interchangeable so I can switch it between double and single barrel.
Posted Image
BTW, it is upside down in the picture. (just in case you can't figure that out)
Current Projects:

#6 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 02:28 PM

I can jam 10, 1in. darts into each of the barrels of my x-bow/1500 intagration and get 50-60 feet. I like your attempt at a double barrel though.

#7 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 02:56 PM

Now, here's the question:

Are the rumors that one dart will shoot fine and the other won't, true? Does one dart get way more range than the other when fired?

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#8 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 03:27 PM

I would say some darts go farther than others. When we cram multiple darts down the barrels of our guns some darts definatley go farther than others. And thats out of one barrel.

#9 pigeon4

pigeon4

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 03:33 PM

Now, here's the question:

Are the rumors that one dart will shoot fine and the other won't, true? Does one dart get way more range than the other when fired?

~Vintage

mine does that if you use stock darts. you have to use stefans. and if you like this wait until you see my v.2
Current Projects:

#10 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 07:41 PM

Sorry about my earlier post. Now that I've seen a pic, everything is different. You definately did a good job on it. A question I have is, what kind of pump is that? I am cureous as to where you got it.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#11 pigeon4

pigeon4

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:55 PM

Sorry about my earlier post. Now that I've seen a pic, everything is different. You definately did a good job on it. A question I have is, what kind of pump is that? I am cureous as to where you got it.

it's a balloon pump and if you ever see one like this run. Far and fast. I wouldn't use this pump again unless my life depended on it.
Current Projects:

#12 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 04:34 AM

upside down

My god, i seriously wouldnt have guessed [no sarcasm] because i seriously expected the pump to be on the bottom, well i suppose the valve would need to be on the bottom but it could be seen either way. Its also confusing because thats the general style of 3DBBQ... ;)

Nice work all the same.

Keep it up.

P.S. Love the respray job. . .
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#13 pigeon4

pigeon4

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 08:55 AM

P.S. Love the respray job. . .

If any of you have seen the anime Evangelion then you know why it has that name and color. Just thought I'd add this.
Current Projects:

#14 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 02:23 PM

I tried to use one of those ballon pumps once with a ball valve and barrel and I didn't work at all, i think it has something to do with the pump being made for a air tank that expands like a bladder or balloon, anyway cool gun just a little big.

here's my idea for a small folding barrel shotgun (sorry it's so hard to read, I can email you a better copy if you want. I have two of those two shot shells and they fit perfectly into a 1 in. pvc barrel. You can pump it up with a bike pump or attach a bike Co2 thing like this, I have one and they work great, you just go through a lot of them fast.

Edited by CheeseNerfer, 18 June 2004 - 03:37 PM.

"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#15 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 03:11 PM

Could you go into a little more detail about the distance each dart shoots? Such as, does one barrel shoot its darts alot further than the other one? Or do the last darts just kind of flop out, while the other ones go an acceptable range? If you have time, try putting more darts in one barrel than in the other and see if the one with more doesn't shoot out it's last shots.
NERF: www.CYCLONENERF.netfirms.com
FLASH: www.thinkhappy.netfirms.com
BAND: www.skwalrock.com

#16 hellsangel

hellsangel

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 03:22 PM

Attention everyone, I am proud to anounce that my testing is complete and I have developed the first working nerf shotgun.

I had one made before you but it doesn't really matter. I have a four barrel shotgun built that I finished in March if you check previous topics you'll find it never got a pic up though I'll try and get it up this weekend it works very well too.

I hope this doesn't make me seem arogant.

Edited by hellsangel, 18 June 2004 - 03:23 PM.

What would the robit do? Frame someone! -Futurama

I have 7 kids.
7!? Lady I love my cigar, but I take it out of my mouth once and a while!-Groucho Marks(The End of Live TV)

#17 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 09:57 PM

Two words- BIGGER TANK

I'm gonna try a making a shotgun 'cause there really cool. Mine'll Be so cool. I'm gonna make it like one of those 3dbbq things. It'll rock!!!
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#18 pigeon4

pigeon4

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 05:47 AM

I tried to use one of those ballon pumps once with a ball valve and barrel and I didn't work at all, i think it has something to do with the pump being made for a air tank that expands like a bladder or balloon, anyway cool gun just a little big.

here's my idea for a small folding barrel shotgun (sorry it's so hard to read, I can email you a better copy if you want.  I have two of those two shot shells and they fit perfectly into a 1 in. pvc barrel.  You can pump it up with a bike pump  or attach a bike Co2 thing like this, I have one and they work great, you just go through a lot of them fast.

thats actually my next project. It'll be double barrel tho.

Could you go into a little more detail about the distance each dart shoots? Such as, does one barrel shoot its darts alot further than the other one? Or do the last darts just kind of flop out, while the other ones go an acceptable range? If you have time, try putting more darts in one barrel than in the other and see if the one with more doesn't shoot out it's last shots.

I believe I already ansewred this but oh well. Both barrels get the same distance as long as I use stefans. If I use stock darts ony one will fire and thats why I made the single barrel adaptation. The ranges will suck to you but I think they are decent. 20-30 ft. Anyway. I had planned to use it as an assualt weapon anyway. So it won't matter to me. I think I get poor ranges just because the stupid pump I used doesn't work worth a flip. I hope I answered your questions
Current Projects:

#19 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 01:22 PM

I've thought about a double barreled one but the problem with it is attaching the two barrels to the handle.

Edited by CheeseNerfer, 22 June 2004 - 01:24 PM.

"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#20 Forgotten Hero

Forgotten Hero

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 11:45 PM

I don't know about it being the first shotgun, I've had Thor for quite some time and the only thing I do with that gun is shotgun it. It's air tank is a Mountain Dew Bottle (2 liter) and the barrel is a little over 2" long.
Posted Image
I've done some stuff to it to make it a bit more like a shotgun Lately, I'll have a pic of that up tomorrow.

But rangewise, 10-12 darts gets 60' easy and the spread is good too.
"Nerf: It's not something you stick up your ass anymore"-Spoon
That guy is old

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users