NerfHaven: New Design Full Metal Catch - NerfHaven

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Design Full Metal Catch Unbreakable!

#16 User is online   Daniel Beaver 

• HQRSE CQCK
  • Group: Moderators
  • State:Puerto Rico

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

I don't share the negativity that others in this thread have expressed - I think the mechanism presented here has some merit. While I don't agree that clothespin triggers lack durability, I agree that they are finicky as shit. And this design DOES have the advantage of being fairly compact. If you can fit this into 1" PVC, then one good application might be the Fallopian configuration of blasters (the current design use miniaturized Rainbow catches).

One question: could you make a thumb-operated trigger with this?

This post has been edited by Daniel Beaver: 08 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

#17 User is offline   Dremz3 

• Group: Members
  • State:NULL (No Answer)

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

I would love to see this catch actually attached to a homemade. If you could upload a pic of that, it would be easier to see. Other than that, I'm very happy that someone is trying to at least make a better alternative to CPT.

#18 User is online   Daniel Beaver 

• HQRSE CQCK
  • Group: Moderators
  • State:Puerto Rico

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostDremz3, on 08 May 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

I would love to see this catch actually attached to a homemade.

I think most of us agree. Lifting a chair with the catch is not the same as using it in a blaster. I would very much like to see this shoot a dart.

#19 User is offline   hamoidar 

• Group: Members
  • State:NULL (No Answer)

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostDaniel Beaver, on 08 May 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

I don't share the negativity that others in this thread have expressed - I think the mechanism presented here has some merit. While I don't agree that clothespin triggers lack durability, I agree that they are finicky as shit. And this design DOES have the advantage of being fairly compact. If you can fit this into 1" PVC, then one good application might be the Fallopian configuration of blasters (the current design use miniaturized Rainbow catches).

One question: could you make a thumb-operated trigger with this?

Yeah, I guess you could make a thumb-operated trigger with this catch. The catch rod would protrude into the handle, which could have a button on the side. When you depress the button, it would push the rod to the side; therefor firing the gun. The nice thing about this catch design is that it can be installed in either direction, making it possible for a thumb trigger, among other things.

EDIT: since everyone wants to see this catch in a gun, I will put together a small snap-type blaster this week. It will use the catch detailed in this guide. (of course) You can plan to see a write-up this weekend!

This post has been edited by hamoidar: 08 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: Best thing on Nerfhaven!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users