Favorite Longshot Mod?
Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:01 PM
I put a bunch of modifications that intrigued me in the poll. I for sure will be adding a brass breech and barrel to my gun, and my clip of choice will likely be a Raider drum. Here are some reference pictures for the poll choices.
DTG Integration: A full-length Longshot with a DTG/Hyperfire mounted beneath the barrel, operated by a keyring.
Shotgun-Grip: A full-length Longshot with a shotgun grip mounted beneath the barrel.
"Longbow" Mod: A miniaturized Longshot with a rear pull tab. I probably will not single my Longshot.
"Shortshot" Mod: A miniaturized Longshot with a drum barrel and metal-reinforced bolt sled.
If you have any knowledge that I should consider, post it! I want to hear your thoughts.
Some quick questions:
1) Internal or external shotgun grip? I'm leaning toward external, since it's easier to do and allows me more freedom in material choice.
2) How much range am I losing if I miniaturize my gun (cutting everything past the clip feed off)? I don't really want to have a protruding barrel.
3) Is it awkward handling a miniaturized Longshot with a Raider drum? Should I add a foregrip (maybe an internal shotgun foregrip)?
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST
Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:15 PM
Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:32 PM
Seriously? Not only is this unhelpful, it's actually rather offensive.
Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:47 PM
1. Remove the AR, then add a stronger spring and plunger padding
2. Buy or self customise a pump action grip
3. Make a stefan clip
4. Brass Breech - SG Nerfs mod
FFS don't, cut it, RSCB it, single it, or add a hopper.
And I am not a big fan of gun integrations.
Obiviously, between mods, play and evaulate what you have just done.
if you insert a stronger spring, then you need to reinforce the Stock with some poly-pipes.
maybe also reinforce the primimg mechanism.
Also the LS with the stronger spring and 36-dart drum and pump action grip, don't work too well if you are right handed.
the drum gets in the way of the grip.
As for the other comment above, the LS is awesome once modded,
This post has been edited by Hammy: 03 April 2012 - 07:50 PM
Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:48 PM
[19:47] #nerfchat: <+N9> My mom let me go to Armageddon with two fifty year old men.
Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:21 PM
Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:25 PM
Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:06 AM
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.
Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:28 PM
Check out my youtube channel for great reviews and modifications:
For even more detailed Nerf info, check out my blog