NerfHaven: Do you still use Nerf when you nerf? - NerfHaven

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do you still use Nerf when you nerf? When was the last time you used a Hasbro product at a war?

Poll: Do you still use Nerf when you nerf?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

When was the last time you used a Nerf brand blaster as your primary at an outdoor war that was organized on NH? (shells with homemade or off-brand internals don't count)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

When did you start going to outdoor wars organized on NH?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Langley 

• LGLF - Since 2002
  • Group: Ambassadors
  • State:Connecticut

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

I'm curious about how many of us 'nerfers' actually use Nerf brand blasters at NIC nerf wars. I'm only interested in what you use as your primary under normal circumstances. If you'reusing a modded stampede for attack/defend rounds, or you have a nitefinder for pistol rounds, that doesn't count, nor do nerf shells with homemade or off-brand internals. Personally, I haven't used my crossbow since 2010, and I was one of the late adopters in my area. By 2011 the majority of people at Apoc had lanard/buzz bee blasters or homemade springers.
No Barrel Taps, No Mercy
2014 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#2 User is offline   evilbunnyo 

• Group: Members
  • State:New York

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

Well not for lack of trying but I still use my BBB at wars. I have 2 longshots that I use occasionally as well.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#3 User is offline   HasreadCoC 

• State:Kentucky

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:03 AM

Well, never actually used a nerf-brand blaster as a primary for wars. My modding started out with nerf (mavs, titan, hyperfires, fureyfires, a raider, a LS, etc), but once I was ready to start warring I got a PAS and coupler'd it, and that was my primary for all the wars I've been to where I actually participated (a whopping two, one basic Cinci war and then Revolution). I have since upgraded to an awesome self-built pullback rainbow, which i use with a hopper, and which I will use for all conceivable future wars until I come up with something even more awesome, maybe a Lazer Tag Master Blaster with rainbow internals and a Titan integration, or a Tornado Bow.

And Langley, does that crossbow of yours have homemade internals?

Daniel Beaver, on 07 October 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

I'm the only respectable person here. The rest of the NIC are pretty much just child molesters.

AKA: ObiWonTwo on Nerfrevolution, and most of the rest of the internet for that matter.....

#4 User is offline   LT DAN ICE CREAM 

• State:Pennsylvania

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

I occasionally use my 2K that I picked up at Apoc 2011 because the damned thing shoots supa hard.

#5 User is offline   Keo 

• State:Maryland

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

At DCNF 3, I used the AT3K I got from Chaos for half of a single round, because it was near unusable for me with no brass stubs to hold the stefans, but i'm not counting that.

At DCNF 1.5 I used me singled LongShot from Sharvil so i'm saying that in like June 2011 was the last time I used a Nerf blaster for a primary.

#6 User is offline   TagMaster247 

• Group: Banned
  • State:Louisiana

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

I've never even been to an NIC organized war before. :( However, I might be going to TANGO 6! And if so, I'll probably be using some type of Nerf blaster. However, I'll probably use my Max Shot for a couple of rounds.

#7 User is offline   Ambience 327 

• State:Indiana

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

I had to vote 2011, but only because I haven't been to an NIC war since then. I still make use of my BBB w/ integrated Switch Shot. It is my most reliable primary currently - it has never failed on me, which I can't say for any other primary I own.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#8 User is offline   shmmee 

• State:Utah

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

I'll occasionally throw a 35 round drum in my ar removed ls when I get the silly urge to spam darts.

It is interesting to note that so far most nerf brand blasters being used are air techs and older. I expect to see some saying they use nf's in pistol rounds, or maybe a stampede as a primary... Could that mean nerf is loosing its competitive edge for modding? It wasn't until reading this thread that I realized how heavily I relied on off brands like Buzz bee, lanard, ertl, and more recently marshmallow shooters as base components for my blasters.
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#9 User is offline   Langley 

• LGLF - Since 2002
  • Group: Ambassadors
  • State:Connecticut

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostAmbience 327, on 09 March 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

I had to vote 2011, but only because I haven't been to an NIC war since then. I still make use of my BBB w/ integrated Switch Shot. It is my most reliable primary currently - it has never failed on me, which I can't say for any other primary I own.

I would consider that a vote for "Still using one". If you intend to continue using your nerf brand blaster, please vote "Still using one". Only vote for one of the other options if you have made a conscious decision to use something other than a Nerf brand blaster.
No Barrel Taps, No Mercy
2014 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#10 User is offline   Daniel Beaver 

• HQRSE CQCK
  • Group: Moderators
  • State:Puerto Rico

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

I had a stock-only war with mostly Vortex blasters recently, but it wasn't an NIC war - it was more of an attempt to get the locals interested in nerfing. I'll slowly easy them into building homemade blasters over the next few months.

The last Nerf brand blaster I used as a regular primary was my Splitfire back in the spring of 2010. I've used purely homemade blasters since then.

#11 User is offline   Jilliop 

• State:Wisconsin

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

My style is ARR Recon. It/they (I own two) have been my trusty sidekicks since as long as I can remember. Mostly because I run. A LOT. However, upon trying this at APOC '11, I got my @$$ handed to me on a PVC platter. But for my wars, they work great!

#12 User is offline   hamoidar 

• State:NULL (No Answer)

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

Although I have never attended a NIC organized war, I do go to a weekly war at a near-by college. I mostly use my FAR and SGN-R3L, but sometimes I use a stampede (heavily modified), or a AR-less, NF springed, hyperfire. All of these with stock darts.
NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: Best thing on Nerfhaven!

#13 User is offline   taerKitty 

• State:Washington

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

Okay, that does it! I'm going to take a 3B to the next Effin' so I can change my vote! (But, the last time was when I broke Tantum's 3K in 2009, at current time.)

However, I know one guy last year used an AR-less AT and drums (and his feet) with devastating efficiency. In fact, I built the Mo'Raider for him this year, if I can ever get my side plates done.

If I ever find a Rayven on CL, I may upvolt that and try it out as a primary as well.
Fugly is a feature.

#14 User is offline   CuppaSteve 

• State:Florida

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

I'm quite fond of a good 'ole Longshot and I always use NF's as pistols. However, I do also use a PAS and a Pump-SNAP a lot more frequently as primaries.

#15 User is offline   shandsgator8 

• State:NULL (No Answer)

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

My primary is a Buzz Bee branded blaster with heavy modifications, but the sidearm I carry is a SplitFire.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users