• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ohio Nerfers!!! Yes Langley I have searched this and all I know is coop

#16 User is offline   Bulldozer 

• Group: Members
  • State:Ohio

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostPointman9, on 03 March 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

They do have a pirate ship in the arena, as well as another pirate ship on wheels that they pull around for parades and such. Yeah, a lower price would be definitely helpful but if we got high enough numbers, that much wouldn't be a big deal.

Sorry, Ashland is a little too far for me, probably about 4 or 5 hours by train....

Umm guys, This is about my area, not Cincinatti, just sayin'
I shall return. -Douglas MacAurthur.
We have no king but Jesus!!! -Revolutionary warr battle cry
All war is based on deception -Makarov

#17 User is offline   tomorrowsDarkness 

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

To be fair, it says Ohio Nerfers. Unless Langley or someone else says we're allowed to make a redundant thread about Ohio area nerfers, albeit for a different part of Ohio, I'm keeping it in here until someone would like to collaborate an event so the Indiana and KY nerfers can join in too.

On topic: HasreadtheCoC; I believe I've been to Boone Park, but from the Google Maps view it looks a bit small. Not sure if it is, I just can't remember for the life of me if I've been there. As for the places to nerf, I'd of course be more inclined to go the Mt Echo park route or anything in the Cincinnati area.

#18 User is offline   OneWingedAngel 

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Here's my $.02 on the war sites around the Cincy area.

RE: Lazer Kraze
It was 5 bucks per person for 3 hours (from midnight to 3am), and average attendance was in the 20-25 range, which is only $100ish total. However, as with Lazer Tag, suffers from "campers" and "spawn killing". Northernmost site. 15-35 players.

RE: Boone Woods Park
The fort is a nice battle arena, great for CTF/DTC/Powerball or anything with a central, defensible location. The con is that there's not a whole lot of space inside the fort proper, and a handful trained nerfers can keep the fort pretty well held down. 10-25 players

RE: Mt. Echo
Nice wide field, not a whole lot of natural cover though. Can support much larger wars. 15-50 players

RE: Rapid Run Park
Good staging area, not so good for cover. Comparable size to Boone Woods. 10-25 players.

#19 User is offline   tomorrowsDarkness 

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostOneWingedAngel, on 03 March 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

RE: Lazer Kraze
It was 5 bucks per person for 3 hours (from midnight to 3am), and average attendance was in the 20-25 range, which is only $100ish total. However, as with Lazer Tag, suffers from "campers" and "spawn killing". Northernmost site. 15-35 players.

Which is why I hope Scallywag Tag gets back to me so I can hear what they have to say.

RE: Boone Woods Park
The fort is a nice battle arena, great for CTF/DTC/Powerball or anything with a central, defensible location. The con is that there's not a whole lot of space inside the fort proper, and a handful trained nerfers can keep the fort pretty well held down. 10-25 players

Oh it has a fort? Hmm. I really like this one now, I had no idea what was there. We need a poll for this soon. Anyone want to get a war thread started for this?

RE: Mt. Echo
Nice wide field, not a whole lot of natural cover though. Can support much larger wars. 15-50 players

This is the one I want to use the most, because I want to get a larger war started. I can always make some mobstacles for this, if given the proper amount of time.

RE: Rapid Run Park
Good staging area, not so good for cover. Comparable size to Boone Woods. 10-25 players.

Same as Boone Woods comment; we need a poll for everyone else. I'm good for any one of these.

#20 User is offline   Langley 

• LGLF - Since 2002
  • Group: Ambassadors
  • State:Connecticut

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PosttomorrowsDarkness, on 03 March 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

Unless Langley or someone else says we're allowed to make a redundant thread about Ohio area nerfers, albeit for a different part of Ohio, I'm keeping it in here until someone would like to collaborate an event so the Indiana and KY nerfers can join in too.

You're planning stuff, go for it. I'm not going to stop you.
No Barrel Taps, No Mercy
2014 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#21 User is offline   tomorrowsDarkness 

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostLangley, on 03 March 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

You're planning stuff, go for it. I'm not going to stop you.

Thanks. Hopefully the thread's up to spec for you.

#22 User is offline   Coop 

• State:Florida

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

I'd be up for a Lazer Kraze game. I loved it when I last attended. I don't recall being "spawn camped" at any point. I'm fine with any attendance fee under $15.

View PostOneWingedAngel, on 03 March 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

... a handful [of] trained nerfers can keep the fort pretty well held down.

Where do these Nerfers get their tactical training? I would love to attend a clinic on how to shoot Nerf guns and be tactical.

This post has been edited by Coop: 04 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

#23 User is offline   tomorrowsDarkness 

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

View PostCoop, on 04 March 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

I'd be up for a Lazer Kraze game. I loved it when I last attended. I don't recall being "spawn camped" at any point. I'm fine with any attendance fee under $15.

I'm waiting for a reply from the Lazer Kraze corporate guys on whether or not they'll let us do this again. Talked to a manager yesterday and e-mailed him the details about it.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users