Photo

Longstrike Upgrade (MK.1)

10 replies to this topic

#1 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

My goal in this was to make a Longstrike, that still looks awesome, and is effective
Currently it is a bit sloppy, my goal was just to get it functional

The stock internals have been mostly removed, and replaced with airgun internals
Currently there is an RF20 bladder,a 17/32 angel breech, a stock AT2K valve and pump, and an oversized air regulator that I got from tractor supply

Posted Image
The new internals

Posted Image
The trigger was moved to actuate the AT2K valve, a large notch was cut in the stock here

Posted Image
The barrel (for now) extends far enough forward that the Longstrike front barrel has no effect on the darts

Posted Image
External air systems

Posted Image
Trigger from outside (ignore the hot glue, there was a very small air leak that i was unable to find, so everything got some hot glue)

Ranges went from 70-85 feet

I have no idea what caused that weird sucking sound, its the first time I heard it (go figure, that was when I filmed it)
the darts cluster near that doorframe midway down the hall (about 75 feet)

MK. 2 will have: (among other things)
  • larger air tank
  • possibly a longer barrel
  • improved AT2k valve
  • all the mess of air hoses will be in a backpack

Edited by zx532, 04 February 2012 - 02:16 PM.

Progress: Just a long line of people saying "See? I told you it could be done"

#2 KaptainKrazy

KaptainKrazy

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:21 AM

Very nice for a reverse plunger blaster; (well, it's not anymore,) it all is very clean. Just one question. Where will the pump be located?

the only mod you can have is the range extetder mod.

#3 hydro cannon kid

hydro cannon kid

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

Very well done! I would love to see a shooting test.

#4 Swiftone1990

Swiftone1990

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

Very nice. Would it be possible to put the pump, bladder, and regulator in the stock?
I am not retreating, I am advancing in a different direction

#5 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

Very nice for a reverse plunger blaster; (well, it's not anymore,) it all is very clean. Just one question. Where will the pump be located?

The pump will be larger, and will be in the backpack

Very well done! I would love to see a shooting test.

Alright, there you go

Very nice. Would it be possible to put the pump, bladder, and regulator in the stock?

My initial design was to put them in the stock, problem is, everything was too big to fit

#6 Darth Vilna

Darth Vilna

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

Pardon me, but from looking at your design, I fail to see how the clip will fit in. How does the breech move back? Is it because the tubing bends?
You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?
Because we'll be together

(NRev Shoutbox) Ultimatenerf320: holy crap my speelings sucks today.

#7 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

Pardon me, but from looking at your design, I fail to see how the clip will fit in. How does the breech move back? Is it because the tubing bends?

The clip functions exactly the same way as it did stock, the clear tubing between the valve and the breech does bend.

#8 Darth Vilna

Darth Vilna

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

Cool, thanks. I'm currently working on my own air-powered Longstrike. Can't wait to see your Mark II!
You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?
Because we'll be together

(NRev Shoutbox) Ultimatenerf320: holy crap my speelings sucks today.

#9 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

You should airflow mod that 2k tank if you can, that peg thing sticking out of it can sometimes even be manually twisted out and then you will have much better airflow. Also... hotlgue is a terrible idea to fix air leaks. Use super glue and E6000/Goop if you have to.

I really like the creativity of using bendy tubing for a working breech. Keep up the good work, and good luck on your revisions.

#10 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

You should airflow mod that 2k tank if you can, that peg thing sticking out of it can sometimes even be manually twisted out and then you will have much better airflow. Also... hotlgue is a terrible idea to fix air leaks. Use super glue and E6000/Goop if you have to.

I really like the creativity of using bendy tubing for a working breech. Keep up the good work, and good luck on your revisions.

Nothing regarding that valve is permanent, and I believe that the peg thing has been removed (you mean the one on the front right?)

#11 Pause

Pause

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

THANK YOU!!!
I really wanted to make my Whiteout Longstrike as good as it looks and now I have a solution. :)
Awesome job and I'm Looking forward to Mk2
-Pause-

http://nerfpause.blogspot.com/

Heh.

USER WAS BLAND IN THIS POST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users