NerfHaven: SOPA/PIPA and the Site Blackouts - NerfHaven

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SOPA/PIPA and the Site Blackouts for anyone who missed it on the 18th

#16 User is offline   VelveetaAvenger 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 630
  • Joined: 02-October 08
  • Location:St. Louis Park
  • Country:United States
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

I haven't been following this super close, but I've heard a few places that the likely next step for SOPA/PIPA is to just attach them to that bill.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."
0

#17 User is offline   spencerak 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 168
  • Joined: 01-September 09
  • Location:Birmingham
  • Country:United States
  • State:Michigan

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

I feel we, the general public, should be able to make our own bill, The SOPA Act: Shit On Political Assholes.

View PostLangley, on 31 March 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

Holy shit it's Captain Slug.
0

#18 User is offline   Z64052187 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: 22-January 12
  • Location:Lafayette, IN
  • Country:United States
  • State:Indiana

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

View Postspencerak, on 21 January 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

I feel we, the general public, should be able to make our own bill, The SOPA Act: Shit On Political Assholes.



Well, we can. Anyone can write a bill. You just need to get a congressional member to present it.

Good luck!
0

#19 User is offline   Remag 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 02-March 12
  • Location:Farmville
  • Country:United States
  • State:Virginia

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostZ64052187, on 06 February 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

Well, we can. Anyone can write a bill. You just need to get a congressional member to present it.

Good luck!



Now there is a new one, CISPA.

I R (am) disappoint (disappointed in the society in which I live). <_<
I don't always remember the past, but when I do I prefer it to be multiple choice.
0

#20 User is offline   Daniel Beaver 

  • HQRSE CQCK
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 1,894
  • Joined: 19-September 08
  • Location:Rochester
  • Country:United States
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

View PostRemag, on 18 April 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

Now there is a new one, CISPA.


Same shit, different day. It's actually a fairly different bill, but it's awful for a lot of the same reasons that SOPA was bad. In some ways it's actually worse, since the language is more broad. These shitty bills will keep coming, and every citizen who values free exchange on the internet ought to be calling or mailing their congressman/senator about it. They do listen - it's the reason SOPA was defeated.

I know it's annoying to see politics on Nerfing sites, but we are the Nerf Internet Community, and this shit affects us.

This post has been edited by Daniel Beaver: 19 April 2012 - 05:25 AM

0

#21 User is offline   Buffdaddy 

  • Do not buy from this member
  • Group: DO NOT TRADE
  • Posts: 778
  • Joined: 30-July 09
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Country:NULL (No answer)
  • State:NULL (No Answer)

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostDaniel Beaver, on 19 April 2012 - 05:21 AM, said:

Same shit, different day. It's actually a fairly different bill, but it's awful for a lot of the same reasons that SOPA was bad. In some ways it's actually worse, since the language is more broad. These shitty bills will keep coming, and every citizen who values free exchange on the internet ought to be calling or mailing their congressman/senator about it. They do listen - it's the reason SOPA was defeated.

I know it's annoying to see politics on Nerfing sites, but we are the Nerf Internet Community, and this shit affects us.


If I may, SOPA and all the other things are not the problem. There are A problem, but not THE problem.

If I may refer to our good friend Maddox...
0

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users