Photo

Contest Suggestion

OMW Argument Pops a Lightbulb Atop My Head!

3 replies to this topic

#1 AmmoEater4810

AmmoEater4810

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

Before I begin I would like to say I have no personal disregards for the people at OMW and I wish them no physical or emotional harm whatsoever. Now to truly begin. Ever since the Orange Mod Works Kits came out, I have racked my brain for and excuse to buy one. I just can't come up with one. It seems like a waste of money but I can't actually make one myself because I don't have the tools. I just miss the creativity I have often seen with people like me that only have access to a drill and that's about it. I felt that it is introducing a modern conflict we see in today's products for young children. They lose imagination because everything is put in front of them on a screen. The artist has now become an editor. The writer, the reader has become one. There is many metaphors I could use here. Anyway this gave me an idea. All along I have been seeing people like boltsniper who by the way has awesome work but also has awesome tools that I don't but all I had to do to bring together the duct tape warriors like me together is a contest. I would like to propose the Shoestring Showdown. The rules are a $25 budget including gun fees and the only power tool you can use is a drill. Otherwise you can go nuts. Note this is only a suggestion. I wouldn't have a prize though sorry. :wacko: Maybe I can work one out. It will be like going to Bonneville Salt Flats and seeing all the crazy rednecks with wacko cars! Of course there will be a few people who won't like this idea. (EiK)I am trying to put us into a state of stone age tools and see what people can do with out any machinery. Anyway post your ideas and suggestions. I am always game for criticism!

Edited by AmmoEater4810, 28 December 2011 - 11:37 PM.

If it ain't broke, pop a rocket on it bradah!

#2 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:17 PM

$50 bucks is not a shoestring budget. It's not even cheaper then buying a used blaster and an OMW kit.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#3 Eik

Eik

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

If there is no prize, there is no contest. You are just telling NIC modders to do what they already do. What a waste of a post.

#4 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:53 PM

If there is no prize, there is no contest. You are just telling NIC modders to do what they already do.

This, pretty much. There are already plenty of relatively inexpensive homemade designs, and a few simple barrel replacement mods for blasters that retail for less than $25.

This is a pretty blatant idea thread, as outlined here. Closed.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users