Time: 9:00-3:00

Here are directions!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Rules and Restrictions:
Darts:
-No unpadded stefans. All darts must have either a foam or felt tip that adequately covers the weight.
-No darts with weights heavier than #8 washers. If you have something else in mind, ask beforehand.
-Unmodified stock darts are allowed.
-Alternative ammo is a case by case basis.

Blasters:
-Powerful air blasters (4Bs, Titans, etc.) should have some sort of OPRV, preferably the stock one. Saying that you'll limit your pumps doesn't cut it. I'll test these on a case by case basis at the war. Use common sense.
-No realistic looking blasters. We don't want to draw unnecessary police attention to this.
-No combustion powered blasters. This isn't spudgunning.

Etiquette:
-Respect both bystanders and nerfers.
-Keep foul language to a minimum.
-Don't be a dick.

PRE-WAR BUILD PARTY
Date: August 19th
Time: 2:00 PM
Location: Venom's Villa, Apple Valley, MN (exact address will be given in private)
Same deal as usual: Show up, shoot the shit, mod/build, eat.

Edited by venom213, 27 August 2011 - 08:07 PM.

#2 Kanashimi

Kanashimi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:34 PM

89.27% chance of me +3 (Amy, Jenna, Luke).

-Kanashimi

Edited by Kanashimi, 02 August 2011 - 01:38 PM.

#3 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

I might be out of town, but nothing's confirmed yet.

I should be able to make it to the mod party though, will know better once we get closer to the date.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#4 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

I am coming. To both events if possible. Try not to schedule the mod party for a Sunday though. But if you do, that's ok as long as I can bring 1 friend. He has stuff to mod too.

As for requiring stock OPVs- my homemade airgun does not have any OPV, but no one seemed to object to its use last war. Would I be required to add an OPV to it? If so, what PSI rating would I be required to keep below? I know from my experience that a PSI of higher than 50-60 makes my gun impossible to fire without hitting the trigger with a hammer, since the pounds of pressure inside the gun directly effect the pounds of pressure it takes to operate the trigger. Also, in range testing last war my gun failed to break 110 feet (flat) even when pumped to the point of being nearly impossible to trigger. If I need to change it I'll gladly do so, but I'd love to know beforehand. :)
A2GS + 4 meg RAM + 128 meg CF + 9600 Baud Lantronix = WIN

#5 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

I am coming. To both events if possible. Try not to schedule the mod party for a Sunday though. But if you do, that's ok as long as I can bring 1 friend. He has stuff to mod too.

As for requiring stock OPVs- my homemade airgun does not have any OPV, but no one seemed to object to its use last war. Would I be required to add an OPV to it? If so, what PSI rating would I be required to keep below? I know from my experience that a PSI of higher than 50-60 makes my gun impossible to fire without hitting the trigger with a hammer, since the pounds of pressure inside the gun directly effect the pounds of pressure it takes to operate the trigger. Also, in range testing last war my gun failed to break 110 feet (flat) even when pumped to the point of being nearly impossible to trigger. If I need to change it I'll gladly do so, but I'd love to know beforehand. :)

We never have mod parties on Sundays.

Again, it's a case by case basis. If you're consistently not being an asshole with your blaster, then it doesn't matter whether it has an OPRV or not. As far as exact pressure goes...we don't have specific regulations on that yet. Generally, larger volume=lower pressure and vice versa.

Edited by venom213, 02 August 2011 - 02:24 PM.

#6 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

Oh yes, and I think I'm going to try and make an emplacement gun for this next war. Just to have something totally ridiculous. :)

#7 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:50 PM

I'd like to say that I can make it to this but I'm not sure at this point. As long as the mod party is on a weekday (not friday, saturday, sunday) I'd be able to make it though I'd need a ride.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#8 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

Anyone coming to the MN mod party got a Hornet I can gut? I need the sliding valve. Or if you live in MN and would like to sell parts to me even if you aren't going to the mod party. This is of course assuming Buffdaddy doesn't have what I need. But extras can't hurt. :)

#9 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

I have already gutted 2 hornets just recently and If I come I will bring them with so you can take what you need. I will be at the war unless something comes up and I can do pretty much any day for the mod party. Paul if you need a ride to the mod Party I may be able to give you one.

Edited by thedom21, 04 August 2011 - 09:00 PM.

Funny Irc moments

22:32 hookerninja I would just switch to 2 full 69's
22:32 hookerninja that would diddle shit

11:44 Zorn Her butt is too tiny even for limp 6th grade penis?
11:44 Zorn ergo the dildo

#10 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:25 PM

Awesome! Any chance of a spare tank too? Got an idea in mind for a monster pistol. Though the slider valve is going into my Magstrike along with a BS tank and hopper. Can you bring some wyes too?

#11 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:35 PM

Finky: I've got mounds and mounds of hornets/hornet internals if Dom doesn't have what you need.

What do you all think about having the mod party on Friday the 19th?

#12 Elemental Storm

Elemental Storm

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

I may be able to come to this one,if i am not moved by then.

Edit: Dose anyone have a blast button i could buy/have?
Edit again: i wont be their for the start due to karate testing but i can make it the last 2 hours maybe.

Edited by Elemental Storm, 18 August 2011 - 05:51 PM.

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your profile to help him gain world domination. (yes i found this on another profile)

#13 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:26 AM

Finky: I've got mounds and mounds of hornets/hornet internals if Dom doesn't have what you need.

What do you all think about having the mod party on Friday the 19th?

Sounds good, I'm going to try and get that day off.

#14 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:19 PM

I do have spare tanks you could have. Also Will we be doing a group McMaster order or not?
Funny Irc moments

#15 Kanashimi

Kanashimi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

I would also be interested in a hornet tank or 4, but won't be at the mod party (live in Brooklyn Park, can't drive).

-Kanashimi

#16 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

I would also be interested in a hornet tank or 4, but won't be at the mod party (live in Brooklyn Park, can't drive).

-Kanashimi

I have successfully got the 19th off. I -might- be convinced to drive you with a little coaxing, I'm coming from near there myself.
EDIT: Which means, if you want a ride, you got one. Brooklyn Park is a stones throw compared to Apple Valley for me, I wouldn't mind picking you up.

Edited by arfink, 05 August 2011 - 01:40 PM.

#17 Kanashimi

Kanashimi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

I have successfully got the 19th off. I -might- be convinced to drive you with a little coaxing, I'm coming from near there myself.
EDIT: Which means, if you want a ride, you got one. Brooklyn Park is a stones throw compared to Apple Valley for me, I wouldn't mind picking you up.

Oh, cool. Sure, I'd be interested. I'll PM you.

-Kanashimi

#18 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:12 PM

What should we bring to the mod party?

#19 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:27 AM

Also is there any tools we should bring? I could bring my Blade Runner again but you have a scroll saw correct?
Funny Irc moments

#20 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:59 PM

Most of my family will be out of town taking my sister to college that weekend, so there won't be anything to get in the way of my attending. (If the 19th is indeed the finalized date.)

It's best to bring all the tools/supplies you have that you think you would use. Sounds like there will be a fair amount of people at this one so a table or chair might be helpful too.

If you do forget something or know that you'll need something there's usually a hardware store run after a couple hours.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#21 Wolf18

Wolf18

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:27 AM

I be there plus 1-4 I dont know about the mod party can I bring a friend?

#22 BOSS9

BOSS9

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:16 AM

I will be there with 2 others.

#23 LEPrecon

LEPrecon

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:32 AM

I can make it to the war, but not the mod party.

I won't have time to make darts between now and the war, so I'd like to buy 300-400 cpvc fit slugs from someone.

#24 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:01 PM

WTF, y'all jerks having a war on the one day a year BOTH my kids have a birthday!?!?

J'skiddin, Ima be trollin' the nuts off this thread. Though if Venomatic is hosting expect 8 straight rounds of 3:15 HvZ VIP. Pistols only :P
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#25 LuckyLotto21

LuckyLotto21

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:22 PM

I am coming, but I don't know about all the others yet. There are probably about 4 people from Youtube coming as well. Will there be mobsticles if SonRecce... isn't coming?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users