Dart Tag Sharp Shot

+100% range and other fun facts!

9 replies to this topic

#1 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

Ok, more detailed write-ups on untouched shit! I love this thing, I love that it looks like future-cop gun, I love the feel, and I love that there is such perceived minimal enhancement to be done.

Much love to Kid Flash for the strong review of the internals. Everyone boost his thread’s view count!
http://nerfhaven.com...=1

Said future-cop gun.
Posted Image

First fun fact: Hasbro used 2 different springs! These are two springs from Sharp Shots bought at the same Target within days of each other. No immediate difference in power, however.
Posted Image

Second fun fact: the stock barrel is almost the same OD ac ½” CPVC!
Posted Image

If you wanted you would glue a coupler on like so and put the thing back together without the faux muzzle. WAY to simple for me.
Posted Image

Here is the PT with some of the AR removed. As you can see they take themselves rather seriously.
Posted Image

I prescribe spade bit therapy.
Posted Image

Bullshit #1: I melted the %%#$^$# thing drilling out the AR’s!!!
Posted Image

Evil intent #1.
Posted Image

Evil intent #2
Posted Image

If anyone really needs a lesion in reaming I have the time to explain it with a straight face. That is a lie. Here is a pic.
Posted Image

Completed plunger rigging.
Posted Image

Awwwww yeaaaaeh. Slut.
Posted Image

Billshit #2: I melted MORE shit when trimming down the support bolt for the internal powerstock! FOOOOOOOOOCK!
Posted Image

On to “facts” for you assholes who demand “facts”. Here is some “hard” data.
Posted Image

And here is actually useful info. Tests taken using the same 4 stock dart the blaster came with, 16 shots each set, same height/angle/wind/day for each set.
Posted Image

120% Improvement (I think, maybe.)!!! For those of you who care I measured with an actual measuring tape a few days later and all 4 shots with slugs in a 3” cpvc barrel landed between 60’-65’.
Posted Image

I love this PJ. The modular shell makes it almost unfairly easy to do a good job.
Posted Image
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#2 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:16 PM

Nice mod. I have one coming of the sharp shot as well.....1 inch PETG plunger tube replacement. Maybe I will show you at the war, have a duel.
Funny Irc moments

22:32 hookerninja I would just switch to 2 full 69's
22:32 hookerninja that would diddle shit

11:44 Zorn Her butt is too tiny even for limp 6th grade penis?
11:44 Zorn ergo the dildo

#3 aj1234119

aj1234119

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:04 PM

Aren't you worried that all that power will break off the nub that the priming handle pushes back to prime the gun? I'd reinforce that with aluminum sheet or something else so it doesn't break.

#4 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

Nice mod. I have one coming of the sharp shot as well.....1 inch PETG plunger tube replacement. Maybe I will show you at the war, have a duel.

I would love to, but mine is now in many pieces and I had to buy a THIRD one because I needed more parts for a few reasons only discoverable through use:
- the force of the three springs will break the couple right off it's mount so I recomend putting the internal powerstock support bolt through the coupler itself.
- the force of the springs also will make the cpvc barrel come off in 3-4 shots, so I need a speedloader.
- EXTENSIVE sanding and trimming of the shell are needed for a full PJ like this, the primingslide and trigger are almost unusable due to friction and the added millimeter the paint adds.

Aren't you worried that all that power will break off the nub that the priming handle pushes back to prime the gun? I'd reinforce that with aluminum sheet or something else so it doesn't break.

I was not worried but the strength of the three springs has already caused several problems so I will be sure to do this in my next iteration. Solid insight, thanks.
The Difference:

I do not play with guns.

#5 proplus

proplus

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:35 PM

I love it, you've improved you modding skills a lot.
Keep up the good work. :)
"the peinus itself is a handle"

- Kane the medeocre

#6 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

This is awesome. I will have to grab one some time. :)
A2GS + 4 meg RAM + 128 meg CF + 9600 Baud Lantronix = WIN

#7 debandgeek12

debandgeek12

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

I just realized that this was a Jerky Chew and Bud Light Lime-fueled adventure. A standing ovation for Mr. SRS J. I'm going to assume melting plastic can be avoided with less hurried drilling and patience.
It's time to pretend.

mysterio
the leaking was all in the bladder

Yay, the IRC.

#8 SpokkyLucaz

SpokkyLucaz

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

you're absolutely right about the 'too easy to paint' thing. it took me a whole 5 minutes to paint mine and i'm getting pretty decent ranges considering this blasters usual lack of power. well done!
Active HVZ participant.

I can tell you right now, with certainty, that none of you greasy fucks are laying your filthy paws on my blaster and it sure as fuck isn't going in a plastic orgy pile with other plastic guns.

#9 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:36 PM

you're absolutely right about the 'too easy to paint' thing. it took me a whole 5 minutes to paint mine

BULLSHIT: post it or it didn't happen :P

@A. R. Finkelman - I like this guy, fun aroun the house too.

@BandcrackfiendGeek - BAM: your deduction on all counts is correct!

Updates: I nested a brass barrel in the nub of the stock barrel and sealed with JB weld. 9 shots with stock darts and the triple spring configuration as before put all darts 45'-55'...
Posted Image
Posted Image

...until the striking force of the plunger dislodged the epoxied and nested barrel. More proof that a bolt through is the only solution. Or less springs, I suppose.
The Difference:

I do not play with guns.

#10 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:46 PM

Ok, I hate the shit out of this blaster now. BUT I have a finalized product!

CPVC coupler epoxied on and the bolt doubles as the support for the internal powerstock and a brace to keep te coupler on.
Posted Image

Added this little guy to ensure the trigger returns to its proper place.
Posted Image

BAM: improved aesthetics but I made sure to put painter's tape on the friction points to ensure smooth priming action. That is some smoov' primin' right ther.
Posted Image

DATA: with a 3.5" cpvc barrel out of 13 shots I put seven in the 60'-65" range. Three went 75'+. No bullshit. I laid a measuring tape on the ground. The only diff is the outlyers were craft-foam headed smithed to be somewhat aerodynamic by the boys from Mankato.

The other three broke in flight. And the barrel will get ejected out if you don't hold it in place cuz some ideot put three springs in it. I don't anticipate any further updates. I wish I knew how to quit this blaster...
The Difference:

I do not play with guns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users