O.M.S....OverLoad MagStrike

A twist on oodalumps' Assault MS

3 replies to this topic

#1 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:40 AM

First: oodalumps made a brief write-up for his assault MS on NH some time ago, so this is a twist on HIS mod
http://nerfhaven.com...=1

Credit given. On to business.......

I didnt take as many pics as usual, poor planning on my part. :shock: First thing I wanted to do was utilize two air bladders, since the piston-expansion uses a shit-ton of air. I had an extra bladder+casing sitting around, so I attached it above the existing bladder---using screws to hold it in place:

Posted Image

Both bladders were heavily banded, and obstructions inside the bladder casings were removed. Additionally, be sure to cut the protruding tips of the screws holding the casings together off, so the bladders are not damaged when they expand.....

Posted Image

I used a tee connector so that the pump fills both bladders. I also replaced the pump with a Titan pump--to fill the dual bladders with less pumps.You will need to cut the shell slightly, near the handle to accomadate the larger pump end. (sorry, missing pic.)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Construct the piston-expansion chamber. Two 1/2" pvc endcaps, about 1 3/4" length of 1/2" pvc, and one brass fitting will be needed......

Posted Image
Posted Image

Solvent-weld the pvc conponents together, glue the fitting in place. Be sure to drill the hole for the brass fitting with a bit that insures a nice tight fit. The hole in the piston will be at the top, right behind the clip-advancing arm.(sorry, no pic) Also, add a few bands to the piston, so aide its return.

Shell:

You now have a few shell mods to perform. As you now have a expansion tank on top of your piston--you will need to make room for it as regards your shell. The expansion tank will obviously move with the piston, so be sure to make the cut in your shell match the pistons travel distance.....

Posted Image
Posted Image

Next up, the front of the shell. We need longer barrels to utilize the new found air flow---so cut the front of your shell to make room....

Posted Image

Clips:

I chose 17/32 brass (expensive, for this mod--50" needed!) 17/32 slides into the clips with a single wrap of E-tape used to make things nice and snug.

Posted Image

I made my barrels 5" long. Cut your barrels, add E-tape, and superglue into your clip

Posted Image

Add a few strips of E-tape to the side of the clip, this keeps the clip from sliding back down. You dont want the clip to be too tight in the well---it may damage the clip-advancer. Test fit.

Posted Image

Finished, expensive ass clip.....

Posted Image
Posted Image

You can stop here if you like........

Posted Image
Posted Image

Though I decided to continue........

The above mods will greatly increase your range---but WILL slow your ROF and shots per pump, due to the massive air consumption. I decided to add a plan B.......I snagged the R.I.P I made a while back(http://www.nerfrevol....php?f=8&t=1269), and set about mounting it to the MS.

As was the case with Ratchet(my overhauled Deploy), I wanted the R.I.P to be easily removable. Removing two screws is all thats needed. To make this happen on the MS, simply secure two fasteners to the inside of the clip well. The fasteners have to be placed as shown so the dont interfere with the movement of the clip.....

Posted Image
Posted Image

Add R.I.P.....

Posted Image

Now, while re-pumping or swapping clips you have a 90' shooting defence.
Posted Image

If you place the fasteners as shown, your R.I.P will be located in a way that makes firing with the hand that holds the MS possible...WIN!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I will post a firing vid as soon as I get the part I needed from Kid Flash.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#2 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:46 AM

Looks pretty awesome, and your part is in the mail... You should get it Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait to see the video.

#3 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:33 PM

Very BA. I'd say slap a UMB on the RIP as a primary and have the most effective rush maker/breaker already there.

And props on the most expensive MS clip in history.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#4 WicketTheModder619

WicketTheModder619

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

Very nice Rogue! I take it you won't be making a second clip? I am so anxious to see this thing fire when you get the part you need.
23:06 Buffdaddy: As long as they aren't doing it all night, don't care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users