Photo

Mag3k

12 replies to this topic

#1 The lord of fish

The lord of fish

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:06 PM

I did this a year or two so ago, just because. Jerm/jay added it to his blog thingy.

Materials needed:
A MS bladder with clamps
barbed 1/4th tubing couplers
pvc cutters
pliers
screw driver

So open your AT3K and cut at the connections on the goo gauge. then grab your Ms bladder
Posted Image

and cut it in half.
Posted Image

Now put the clamp on the end and stick barbed couplings into the inputs and out puts of the bladder. Assuming you removed the MS pump already connect the pump to that outlet and the airtank to the other. It should look like this:
Posted Image

Plug the pump
Posted Image

Now put everything into place, I glued the pin to the trigger with hotglue.
Posted Image

Here it is assembled
Posted Image

Now this thing is crazy powerful. It scares me more then a plugged titan, mainly because it primes in 6 pumps, it makes almost a whisper, and makes big
dents in dry wall.

Ranges (singled):
Pumped 8 times:
pumped 10 times:
The stefan head broke off mid way
the cdts got shredded.

I need to replace the pump with a hornet or magstrike pump.

Enjoy

edit:Posted Image

Edited by The lord of fish, 27 November 2010 - 06:08 PM.

Do you think she'll sleep with a panic switch?

#2 NerfGeek416

NerfGeek416

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:15 PM

How does the bladder increase ranges? I would think that it would be better to use to make it semi-auto. Either way, nice work.

#3 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:20 PM

I beleive the bladder acts a tank expansion. Imagine banding this bad boy!!! Theoretically, if you didn't give a hoot about aesthetics, couldn't you keep the original bladder size? This is really an ingenious idea with a bunch of potential for building off of. I really like this Fishy, and please correct me if I am wrong.

#4 The lord of fish

The lord of fish

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

I tried semi auto using this setup, and its not feasible unless you have giant bladder or a smaller tank.
To explain why it gets more ranges, think of a titan tank and a 2k tank. The titan tank has more volume, which means more air is pushing the dart out of the barrel.

edit: Yup, you summed it up. If I didnt care about aesthetics I'd make a bladder thats two feet long and then use the magstrikes auto/semi valves to make it semi auto. This was all about spare parts.

Edited by The lord of fish, 27 November 2010 - 06:23 PM.

#5 NerfGeek416

NerfGeek416

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:31 PM

I tried semi auto using this setup, and its not feasible unless you have giant bladder or a smaller tank.
To explain why it gets more ranges, think of a titan tank and a 2k tank. The titan tank has more volume, which means more air is pushing the dart out of the barrel.

I know that expanding the volume increases the range, but in that case I suggest increasing the diameter of the tubing from bladder to tank. You could get this thing shooting far.

#6 The lord of fish

The lord of fish

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

I know that expanding the volume increases the range, but in that case I suggest increasing the diameter of the tubing from bladder to tank. You could get this thing shooting far.

180 feet is crazy enough, 80-90feet with two rscb's is good for me.

#7 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

So is this a gun that is made for screwing around with? If so, you did a pretty nice job with it. Well, a screw around with gun if you take the two rscbs out.

Edited by lionhawk, 27 November 2010 - 06:58 PM.

#8 The lord of fish

The lord of fish

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

So is this a gun that is made for screwing around with? If so, you did a pretty nice job with it. Well, a screw around with gun if you take the two rscbs out.

Unless 170-180ft ranges are allowed at wars, yes this is a screw around gun when singled.

#9 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:51 PM

I am just loving the dual RSCBs. I also like how you're getting these kind of ranges with a near stock look and with such few pumps.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#10 Drax

Drax

• Banned
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:43 PM

I'm curious, what is that weird corner piece that you used to create the dual RSCBs? If I had a spare bladder I'd be all over doing this. Does the OPRV on the MS bladder still work, or does the OPRV on the 3k pump kick in before that?

EDIT: Forgot you plugged the pump, herpaderp moment there.

Edited by Drax, 27 November 2010 - 10:44 PM.

Explosives aren't really my style. I prefer thermite.

Also known as One Winged Angel

#11 Drax

Drax

• Banned
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:32 PM

I'm curious, what is that weird corner piece that you used to create the dual RSCBs?

here's a source

http://flexpvc.com/c...-side-outlet-90

Do you think a hardware store would carry them, or are these as elusive as wyes?

Explosives aren't really my style. I prefer thermite.

Also known as One Winged Angel

#12 Niteshot

Niteshot

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

That is absolutely insane! I love it!
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 7 2010, 10:31 AM) View Post

For the love of fuck. The next person who announces that they are using something in their signature, ever, is banned. I fucking hate you.

#13 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:50 AM

I'm curious, what is that weird corner piece that you used to create the dual RSCBs?

here's a source

http://flexpvc.com/c...-side-outlet-90

Do you think a hardware store would carry them, or are these as elusive as wyes?

Most good hardware stores carry those. I've seen them at Lowe's, Menards, and Home Depot.
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users