NerfHaven: Hopper Clip Improvements - NerfHaven

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hopper Clip Improvements A hopper designed for lower powered blasters - The BritHopp

#1 User is offline   BritNerfMogul 

• Group: Members
  • State:England

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:13 AM

Posted Image
Whilst outfitting my BritBow with a hopper clip, I had some issues with mis-fires whilst testing it. So I came up with this:
Posted Image
Posted Image
The idea came to me whilst I was throwing my angel breeched LS around my basement. By adding the tray, it eliminates any chance of darts not feeding properly into the barrel.
Posted Image
The barrel nows sits directly under the Wye, immediately scooping the next dart into the barrel, making it ready to fire.

Posted Image

Questions? Comments? Flames?

This post has been edited by BritNerfMogul: 11 August 2010 - 09:26 AM

#2 User is offline   ahtanie 

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:39 AM

Oh yea.

#3 User is offline   TheSilverhead 

• State:South Dakota

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:58 AM

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Oh, come ON! I am waiting for the glue to dry on my breech/wye/hopper as we speak! Dang, I knew I should have done it yesterday! Oh well, mine has a few small differences. Good job. (*Curses independent invention under breath*)

#4 User is offline   Talio 

• Not your mother
  • Group: Contributors
  • State:NULL (No Answer)

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:43 AM

View Postahtanie, on Aug 11 2010, 10:39 AM, said:

Oh yea.

Post like that again. I dare you. I double dare you mother fucker.

Brit. Maybe I'm a fucking retard about nerf gun things (yes), but this seems genius. I like the xbow by the way. I thought hoppers didn't really work on those?

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#5 User is offline   taerKitty 

• State:Washington

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

I may be missing the details completely, but I do have some questions:
  • Doesn't the PETG get in the way of the airflow?

• Does the dart snag on the PETG on the way down the magazine? The PETG I have is too narrow to be suitable for hopper magazines, hence this q.
That said, great idea. Makes perfect sense, and is elegantly simple in execution.
Fugly is a feature.

#6 User is offline   BritNerfMogul 

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:12 AM

@TheSilverHead - Haha!!

@Talio - I think that's why I was getting the original jams. Before, I had to fire twice, once to load the barrel and then a second time to actually shoot the stefan. I think that this alternative is best for low powered blasters.

@Taerkitty - The darts move very smoothly from clip to barrel, as I cleaned up the edges of the PETG as best as the laws as Physics would allow. And the whole assembly seems happy with the PETG in it's current location.

#7 User is offline   VACC 

• Vacc is Legend
  • Group: Founders

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:17 AM

View PostBritNerfMogul, on Aug 11 2010, 01:12 PM, said:

@Talio - I think that's why I was getting the original jams. Before, I had to fire twice, once to load the barrel and then a second time to actually shoot the stefan. I think that this alternative is best for low powered blasters.

I was going to suggest this, actually. It makes a lot of sense that blasters with less volume have trouble seating darts in the barrel. Once they're seated, anything that can fire an rscb should be able to fire a hopper. I guess the only way to confirm that suspision is by testing it on other borderline blasters. The Maxshot comes to mind.

#8 User is offline   BritNerfMogul 

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

View PostVACC, on Aug 11 2010, 06:17 PM, said:

I was going to suggest this, actually. It makes a lot of sense that blasters with less volume have trouble seating darts in the barrel. Once they're seated, anything that can fire an rscb should be able to fire a hopper. I guess the only way to confirm that suspision is by testing it on other borderline blasters. The Maxshot comes to mind.

I put the old fashioned hopper on my RFDG with a BBB+stock spring, and it works fine. This really is a hopper for lower powered blasters

#9 User is offline   Just Some Bob 

• State:California

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

View PostBritNerfMogul, on Aug 11 2010, 10:19 AM, said:

I put the old fashioned hopper on my RFDG with a BBB+stock spring, and it works fine. This really is a hopper for lower powered blasters

It's a hopper with smoother dart-flow. I think that should improve the results on pretty much any blaster.
Though of course some have so much airflow that it could "improve" them all the way to double-firing. Having more ways to tune these things is clearly a boon to the community.

I had a completely different idea in mind for working the same problem, but haven't built a prototype yet. My idea was to insert a vertical splitter, made from flat plastic sheet, into the air input leg of the wye. The forward edge would be smoothly curved, to lead the nose of each dart "around the corner" while not impeding airflow very much. Maybe both ideas could be compared - or even combined.
The internet is a collaborative work of performance art.
Take anything personally at your own risk.

[09:19] Talio: I'm trying to help them and they kick me for a rule that wasn't even clearly stated?
[09:19] Talio: That's some serious BS

#10 User is offline   jubjub517 

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

Posted Image

I've been using this concept for the past three months.

Not only does it work with lower volume blasters, but you can also fire streamlines from high volume blasters.
[18:17] <+Jugs> Hey beefy
[18:17] <+Nerfer> pls dont call me that
[18:18] * Nerfer is now known as Guest17574
[18:18] <+Lucian151> Woah its Beefy Theify
[18:19] <+Guest17574> STOP CALLING ME THAT IM NOT FAT
[18:19] <+Guest17574> pls

#11 User is offline   flamincows 

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:55 AM

View PostVACC, on Aug 11 2010, 01:17 PM, said:

The Maxshot I got from Ted at APOC is working quite well with a five shot hopper (I use 1 1/4" darts). I did replace the plunger tube with something a little thinner, so it does have just a bit more air volume. It loses some range, but the ROF with the lever action is wonderful and it still hits 75-80 ft no problem. However it does not feed 100% reliably so I will have to try this out and share my results. Thanks for the idea Brit.

This post has been edited by flamincows: 12 August 2010 - 12:55 AM

Sex Dwarves: Drug test? What kinds of drugs are we testing?

#12 User is offline   Zorns Lemma 

• Sir Scrt
  • Group: Moderators
  • State:Illinois

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:35 AM

Good work but did you really have to name it after yourself? Soon we'll be seeing the Britpee'd ECS-18.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#13 User is offline   BritNerfMogul 

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:36 AM

View PostZorn's Lemma, on Aug 12 2010, 10:35 AM, said:

Good work but did you really have to name it after yourself? Soon we'll be seeing the Britpee'd ECS-18.

Don't be ridiculous. It's called the BritStamp ECS-50...

#14 User is offline   burning-ice 

• State:Missouri

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:39 AM

Define "lower powered" please, as the crossbow seems higher powered.
I lurk alot.
If I double post blame my internet, I apologize.

#15 User is offline   Talio 

• Not your mother
  • Group: Contributors

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

View Postburning-ice, on Aug 12 2010, 03:39 PM, said:

Define "lower powered" please, as the crossbow seems higher powered.

Then you don't know what you're talking about.

Very well done Brit. I may actually try it on my plusbow/xbow hybrid.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users