#1 jmwasko

jmwasko

Accessories

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:55 PM

CLASH OF STEEL: THE REAL STEEL
A Pittsburgh Nerf Clans War
Hosted By: Me, jwasko, and sublimedom777.
Description: After a successful "beta" war last year, The Real Steel will be Pittsburgh Nerf Clans' first Annual Clash of Steel War. Originally intended as team based war pitting clan against clan, Clash of Steel is really just about having one hell of an instense war with a lot of fun mixed in. ALL ARE WELCOME! Really, this is a max effort war in Pittsburgh that can only get better with the number of attendees. The day will consist of quickly run rounds played on terrain that includes anything from fields and lawns to wooded areas and playgrounds. Things will start early so as to use the entire park for the first rounds before the locals wake up. Additionally, a nice and large gazebo is reserved for exclusive nerfer use for the day. There are no chairs or tables, but there should be plenty of room in case of poor weather. As such, a donation of $3-$5 dollars would be greatly appreciated to help pay for the reservation. It's worth it though. As the second time that Pittsburgh has run C.o.S. at Armstrong Park, it can be guaranteed that the park is a great time and and that great times will certainly be had, so sign up below and grab your gear, cause its time to nerf Pittsburgh.
Date: Sunday, July 25, 2010
Time: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
464 Pearce Road
Baldwin, PA 15234

More Information:
Backup Location: Williamsburg Park
Meeting/Staging Areas:
Armstrong Park: The large gazebo off to the right of the Pearce Road Driveway before pulling into the lot at its end. This is reserved for our exclusive use.
Williamsburg Park: The Shelter/Pavilion directly by the Colewood Drive Parking lot, or the wall by the turn around if the shelter is being used.
Restrooms: PortaJons are available near both locations.
Hydration: Bring water/Gatorade etc. for yourself throughout the day and with your lunch. Water may be available from hosts just in case.
Food: Bring a bag lunch/dinner for the middle of play time. Go out for food at your own risk of missing a round(s). Hosts can refer you to nearby restaurants.
Sun protection: Bring it!
Contacts: PM me with questions etc. or to request my phone number if needed.
Guntypes to bring: Your primary, secondary, a pistol, a pistol for gunslinger, and a foam sword (Pittsburgh nerfers seem to be into melee rounds once in awhile nowadays.)
Guns that may be banned: (as usual) Air guns meant to fire anything but micro darts with their pumps plugged and RFSGs modded well. However, everything’s on a case-by-case basis pending modifications and we are lax on such matters.
Gametypes that will be played: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Gunslinger Heaven, Freeze Tag, and Defend the Core.
Gametypes that may be played/attempted: Assault, Assault and Disarm, HvZ, and Swashbuckler Heaven.
Rules: Standard rules for Deathmatch and CTF as listed in Nerf War Etiquette. All other gametype rules will be explained prior to the round if unknown. If you repeatedly break any of these rules, you’ll be asked to sit out a round. If you continue to after this initial action, you’ll be asked to leave if possible.
Facebook Page: Clash of Steel: The Real Steel; Check it out and mark your attendance as well if you would like to.
Attendance: Here’s the current attendance; Post with yours.
Definites:
Jmwasko
Sublimedom777
jwasko
flamincows
princexbuster
NerfMonkey
b0o0gers
karpenter63
Non-Members: 5

Maybes:
Jedijoe9
Gunpowder Jones
Twitch
Mr. BadWrench "if he fixes his stupid car"
QUADSHOT
Non-Members: 10

Edited by jmwasko, 23 June 2010 - 03:19 PM.

JMWasko, the blue Sex Dwarf.

NF PolyHolsters

#2 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:54 AM

I will most definitely be in attendance with as many people as I can cram in the car.

Lets do best 5 out of 7 freeze tag this time. Best 3 out of 5 was not enough.
Sex Dwarves: Drug test? What kinds of drugs are we testing?

#3 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:53 AM

I'm a maybe with the way work is looking for July, but I'm looking forward to hopefully being able to make it down.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

I'll be there as of now and will try to bring a friend or two along. But not making any promises for anyone but myself.
SexD Warves

#5 Twitch

Twitch

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:16 AM

I'm a "maybe."
"If Groove was a woman, I'd totally have asked him to go home with me tonight ...is that weird?"
~bpso86

"Being a moderator on NHQ is like being a judge in the Special Olympics."
~JediJoe9

#6 QUADSHOT

QUADSHOT

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:11 AM

im a maybe, and you should definately add a zombie round.
You say i will be the laughing stock, well if making others laugh is not reason enough to try, ill be damned if there's any purpose worth pursueing.

Find your niche, and scratch it.

I dont care if I go crazy! 1,2,3,4,5,6, SWITCH!
crazy go I if care dont I! 6,5,4,3,2,1, SWITCH!

#7 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

I'm a maybe with the way work is looking for July, but I'm looking forward to hopefully being able to make it down.

I'm a "maybe."

I hope to see you both, it'd be a great time.

[Y]ou should definately add a zombie round.

Zombie rounds are incredibly hard to organize at this park. We've not found a format that works with this location. Now our other park (which will undoubtedly be infested with munchkins) has a good setup. Perhaps if you're local you can make it next time we go to Dormont.

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#8 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

edit: Sorry, wrong thread.

Edited by flamincows, 21 June 2010 - 12:42 AM.

#9 princexbuster

princexbuster

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

Swashbuckler Heaven is the one with the swords right? If so is it alright to use a six foot claymore?

Edited by princexbuster, 07 July 2010 - 10:47 AM.

Sexy Dwarves.

#10 jmwasko

jmwasko

Accessories

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:55 PM

Swashbuckler Heaven is the one with the swords right? If so is it alright to use a six foot claymore?

Yes, the game was created by karpenter63, I believe, and I haven't played in years, but I believe we'll try a round depending on our numbers. And that sounds like a legal weapon to me.

NF PolyHolsters

#11 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:51 AM

Three day bump. Time to start panicking? Time to start packing? Time to start picnicking?

Yes.

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

#12 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

The weather report for tomorrow looks pretty nice:

High of 80 degrees and the obligatory "Chance of scattered thunder storms" that makes Pittsburgh, well, Pittsburgh.

Hope to see all you ladies there.

Guys are welcome to stop by also, I just prefer ladies.

#13 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:32 PM

Ok, so for the books, Frances, Gabe, Paige, and Nerfmonkey will be riding in my car.
I could not convince anyone else to attend, but at least I have already made enough darts to last the day.
I hope you are all ready to be shot by the blaster that Gabe is finishing up for me which will henceforth be known simply as: Bukkake.

#14 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:05 PM

Posted Image

Edited by NerfMonkey, 24 July 2010 - 08:12 PM.

SexD Warves

#15 jmwasko

jmwasko

Accessories

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:33 PM

Well I don't know why I ever tried such an odd activity, but after a day of panic I managed to make a simple breech for my BBBB and just now finished packing and making my lunch. Why do I try to mod?

So, if you haven't updated your attendance, well, its too late probably. But we'd still like to see all of you "maybe"s show. Just remember everyone:
1.) 9 oclock arrival time at the latest if you want to start nerfing at 9:15 when the first round starts. If you come later though, that's fine too.
2.)Everything will depend on numbers of attendance. If enough come, I'd like to do random team selection to save time using playing cards. If not, we'll do captains and choosing. The types of games we play will also depend.
3.) Please. Pretty pretty please bring a couple spare bucks to contribute to the money I spent to reserve the gazebo for our shelter and staging area. I'm not making a profit AT ALL, and will be happy to get half of what I spent back if that. So, if you can spare 3 to 5 dollars, please do so.

Alright Sex Dwarves, LETS ROLL.

NF PolyHolsters

#16 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:13 AM

So I thought it started at ten until right now, but I guess this isnt the case. I just texted nerfmonkey to meet me an hour earlier, but I doubt he will get up that early.

#17 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:58 AM

It's almost 7:00 and I'm still feeling sick from lack of sleep. I'm going anyway but probably won't be doing much running around and if we go for Chinese food after I won't be partaking.

EDIT: Well, none of what I said this morning turned out to be true. That was an awesome war, thanks everybody. It was indeed my fault that we were late but that's only because I couldn't drag myself out of bed at 5:45 after only an hour or two of sleep. Apologies, but I'm sure we've all been there at some point.

Wasko Brothers, and Connor Brothers, and Bryce/Reese Brothers, I didn't say goodbye to you at the war. Sorry about that. I was too busy/exhausted to bother, honestly.

I absolutely loved the freeze tag rounds, except for when my team had Dom and Jarrett pinned over by the path leading up the hill and the action was really slow for a while. But the balls to the wall moments more than made up for it. I liked the swashbuckler rounds too, although there seems to be a general consensus that there were a few bumps that need smoothing out. Gunslinger was awesome too. The only complaint I have is that the weather was a little hot and sticky but that can't be helped. I think the rain helped at least a little with that though.

Great war as usual.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 25 July 2010 - 09:09 PM.

SexD Warves

#18 princexbuster

princexbuster

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

Never again will I wear dress socks to a nerf war in the summer. I think I did pretty well for not sleeping at all. Hopper clips are gay unless you put them on your gun upside down... no they are still gay. Thanks for the fun war guys see you either next week or at apoc or whenever.
Sexy Dwarves.

#19 princexbuster

princexbuster

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

tired posting internet fail.

Edited by princexbuster, 25 July 2010 - 09:49 PM.

Sexy Dwarves.

#20 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:59 PM

Pluses:
-Flintlock pistols
-Dom's mercy
-Mega Missile with a 12" barrel (or a Domino Firefly turret)
-Soothing rain
-Flintlock pistols
-Lots of fun
-Flintlock pistols (best $8.56 I ever spent)

Minuses:
-In addition to the wounds on two of my fingers prior to the war, I now have wounds (including cuts and scrapes) on a total of 5 fingers...with multiple wounds on almost all of those five.

Extreme minus:
-Cleaning all of said wounds with hydrogen peroxide (and rubbing alcohol) at the same time really hurt.

On a side note:
-The small amount of video that I took is here.

Edited by jwasko, 25 July 2010 - 11:05 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves

#21 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:14 AM

Well, there was a war, and some clashing, so, erm... success?

Ok, real review:

+We did a lot of Nerfing and most of it was really great.
+The weather was bearable, sorta..
+I used a variety of different blasters, and am excited to perfect the crossbow.
+Got a PS800.
+Offloaded most of my darts and now have room and reason to make new.
+Didn't seriously hurt anyone, except maybe JWasko a little bit (Sorry if it was me)

-Getting trapped hardcore during the freeze tag round and being stuck in the worst spot on the battlefield..........
-Lackluster attendance

#22 jmwasko

jmwasko

Accessories

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:47 AM

Alright, so I really don't know how I felt about this war. I think I've decided that I'd like to see continued use of Armstrong Park since I had a lot of fun on its terrain yesterday, especially for future editions of Clash of Steel. However, I was generally just not satisfied yesterday.

Postives:
Good, well-played Rounds
My breeched BBBB and everything else working well

Negatives:
The playing of rounds still seemed sluggish after the first few hours.
Too many breaks that lasted too long.
Losing a lot of darts to thieves and the ground.
Not a lot of pictures.
Very poor attendance.

A lot of the negatives about the war like the lackluster attendance were probably my fault for not working on this war or promoting it much, but still I'd like to have seen more. On the sluggish round-playing: Don't get me wrong. We're getting better, but I feel like we're in a "lets nerf half as much as we bs" rut that we just can't get out of however much I'd like to. Overall, this wars just something to improve upon next time around.

Pictures will be up soon.

Edited by jmwasko, 26 July 2010 - 04:14 PM.

NF PolyHolsters

#23 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:24 PM

Alright, so I really don't know how I felt about this war. ... I was generally just not satisfied yesterday.

Negatives:
Very poor attendance.

A lot of the negatives about the war like the lackluster attendance were probably my fault for not working on this war or promoting it much, but still I'd like to have seen more.

I'm glad it wasn't just me. The war WAS fun, just not what I had hoped.

And the attendance is not your fault. We both had plenty of people who had said they were going to show up and didn't.

#24 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:49 PM

The attendance was perfect in my opinion. I know we always want to have as many people as we can show up but I think the 3 teams of 4 worked really well and then when the number of people dropped to 8 we had some nice smaller 3:15 games. Good times.

Agreed about downtime but whatever. It only really got to me towards the end of the day when everyone was standing around the gazebo bullshitting for 20+ minutes and I got a little antsy. If things had moved a little more quickly I think it would have been a perfect day for me. Minus some dickmouth tailgating me with his high beams on when I was heading home on the interstate, but that has nothing to do with the war itself. And my accuracy was terrible the whole day minus the pistol rounds but that also has nothing to do with how the war was run.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 26 July 2010 - 03:01 PM.

SexD Warves

#25 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:36 AM

Well I had a great time although I left literally 300 darts on that field.
I thought twelve people was plenty honestly. Twenty might have been cooler though. It's been so long since we've had more than twelve people that it's hard to remember what that's like.

There was a lot of down time though. Just be more assertive about picking teams and starting rounds next year JM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users