Photo

Greater Cincinnati Area Lazer Kraze Wars

Near King Islands or in Erlanger, Kentucky.

14 replies to this topic

#1 Twitch

Twitch

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

Last summer we rented the laser tag arena on more than a few occasions in which to hold Nerf wars. I'm trying to gauge interest from the rest of you, and see how many people are interested in doing it again. These wars will be open to the NIC, now that I've had a season of testing

Last summer, Valhalla aside, the wars were Friday evenings, from midnight to 3am if I recall correctly. Cost was (usually) $4-5/person.

Due to the way events were scheduled, wars were (and I suspect will be) only capable of being announced about 7-10 days before they were/are held.

Please post if you are able/willing to attend such wars, and if you are interested in possibly paying more/person to rent out to arena during more common nerfing hours and for a longer span of time.

If it matters, the most significant rules used are as follows

Stock darts only (decreased risk of a stray round breaking a light bulb, etc.)
No singled blast bazookas, Titans, or anything of the ilk.
+Bows are also banned, but because of their length and the narrow corridors, you probably wouldn't wanna use them anyway, xbows are almost too long. In these arenas, range doesn't just take a back seat to RoF, it rides in the trunk. The raider was not available when we used them last, but I suspect they would be devastating here.

*Edit*

To alleviate the confusion regarding the date of the war, additional information is required.

The way this works is as follows;

Any evening for which some other organization has decided to rent out the facility is (generally) offered to me/the group. Any other organization is given first priority, as we are being given a reduced rate (for a handful of reasons, which do not need to be listed here). Typically, the wars are arranged by the owner calling me to notify me that a given Friday night is available, or I call and ask about a given Friday night. They tell me "yes," and I immediately post (in the past, it was on a Facebook group, but I'll be posting here as well, since these will be open to the NIC) as such, alerting the group. Everyone available then shows up at the designated facility (we have two available) and time with cash in hand. I collect, pay the manager o duty, and after signing waivers, we head off to start nerfing.

The biggest issue lies in our inability to know, with great foresight, that any given evening will be available more than about 7-10 days notice. So my inquiry is basically to see how many people are willing and able to attend a war, on a Friday night, on short notice, throughout the summer. Last summer our average attendance was 28.9 people/war, and average cost was $6/person.

Edited by Twitch, 05 May 2010 - 07:31 PM.

"If Groove was a woman, I'd totally have asked him to go home with me tonight ...is that weird?"
~bpso86

"Being a moderator on NHQ is like being a judge in the Special Olympics."
~JediJoe9

#2 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:47 AM

I have family that lives about 1 1/2 hours away. I was planning a trip to see them in the fall, and it would be entirely possible for me to make one of these events. I would certainly be there, armed appropriately of course.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#3 Swong

Swong

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

Count me in! Mainly depends on the work schedule!

#4 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:02 PM

I'll try and make it. I'd have to buy a shit load of stock darts for myself and all the people I usually bring is the problem.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#5 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

Very interested, but I can't commit until i see a date.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#6 Jetsniper

Jetsniper

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

You know I'm in, those wars were always fun.

Edited by Jetsniper, 05 May 2010 - 07:14 PM.

#7 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:04 PM

Count me in! Mainly depends on the work schedule!

Whoa! Didn't expect to see you post lol!

If you can get one on May 28th, I would very possibly be able to attend (coming home that weekend for vacation).

Some teasers:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:02 PM

I'm so in, yoda, maytag, and afew others from my clan would be totally up for this. I would also like to suggest we try to get ahold of the HVZ group that got shut down at UK one of the guys was at the last cinci war, and he may be able to drum up some interest. NKU also has HVZ from what I understand so that may get more attendance.

Also I have a question about what the rules are pertaining to nerf swords, battle axes and such.
THE OHIO PLAYDATE. WE PLAY WITH FORKS.

#9 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

My DnD group/nerfing friends generally meet on the weekends so if we had a week heads up, we'd be good for it. The whole stock darts is a little unsettling... I would have to go pistols, pirate style... A tertiary would be almost necessary.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#10 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:54 PM

Count me in. and tell me if anyone needs goodies like petg
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#11 tomorrowsDarkness

tomorrowsDarkness

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:30 AM

Sounds cool. I played there a few times (just for the laser tag though haha), and I really like the arena. Though the laser tag guns suck balls.

I'll definitely try to make some games, after I buy a bunch of stock darts...
Elder of the Brothers Bradshaw.

#12 father time

father time

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:34 AM

You know I'll be there, if I have to sell blood to get the money. Big bird will be available for transport if you don't have a ride, and don't mind riding in the back of a pickup with a cap could use a little help with gas though(she only gets like 12 mpg).
Ask her if she wants you to give her a multiple orgasm.
And when she looks stunned show her a picture of the blaster.
But if she gets excited. You're in.
-Miguel Ramos
Time is the one thing you can never escape.-Father Time

#13 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

I might be interested in coming to one of these - but like some have said it would depend greatly on the when - and me having fundage available. Of course, the next month or so would definitely be a no-go since my wife is scheduled to be induced tomorrow. :lol:
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#14 Foam Ninja

Foam Ninja

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:33 PM

I'm In. Never done a war in the Kraze before . . . should be interesting.

Edit: Also I will be buying up Razorbeast Belts so if you have some for sale bring them.

Edited by Foam Ninja, 07 May 2010 - 09:15 PM.

QUOTE(Soothsayer @ Jul 18 2010, 03:51 PM) View Post

Still haven't beat Foam Ninja in a sword fight

1.The baby would blow up do to being made of pure fail.
2.I GIVE UP! I AM GETTING MY GAS ELSEWHERE!!
-Nerf Mafia

#15 UberKuhlMan

UberKuhlMan

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:17 PM

I'm down. I am moving this summer so things might get a little hectic but I'll dig out my stock darts.

Edited by UberKuhlMan, 13 May 2010 - 08:08 PM.

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Sep 28 2009, 05:31 PM) View Post

I'd like to see everyones faces when I walk up with something so big...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users