Photo

Doubleshot: Sexy + Easy Mods

The doubleshot is super simple modding with this easy to follow guide.

3 replies to this topic

#1 NerfKnack

NerfKnack

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:48 PM

[size=2][font=Arial][color=#000099]DOUBLESHOT MODS

Hello and welcome to my doubleshot modding guide. You can make a sexy gun in a day using this simple guide.
First thing you should do when your gun is fresh out of the pack is to cut off the barrel. Do this using a small saw or anything thats good for cutting large plastic. Afterwards, your gun should look like this.

Posted Image

I like to cut the gun behind the nail (look on the bottom) to add a little bit of barrel for that "sawn off" look.

Now you may paint the gun. use any color, but i really suggest the Krylon Fusion for plastic spray paint. It bonds with the plastic and looks awesome. It is $4 at Home Depot. to start unscrew the stock (this is the only screw you have to deal with!) and spray paint it and the plastic bolts seperatley from the gun. I used tape to cover up the trigger and a little hole on the bottom from which you can see the string (internals) and you probably dont want that to be touched.

Here is a pic of my gun halfway through the painting process. Notice the stock and bolts on the left.

Posted Image

3. While you wait 20 minutes inbetween coats you can use a small screwdriver and put it through the back of each shell. make the hole a little bigger and take out that rod that the darts sit on. Now you can use stefans and have a bit more power.

Here is a before and after of this mod.
Before on right, after on left.

Posted Image

4. Screw the stock back on when you are done. Now enjoy using your new Doubleshot.

Completed Doubleshot:
Posted Image

This is my first Thread and second post, so leave some comments please! -NerfKnack

n

#2 firesflame4

firesflame4

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

It's going to make me laugh so hard when I hear you got shot for painting a realistic looking gun black. DONT PAINT YOUR GUNS BLACK!

Well I do guess it's one way for the world to stop stupid people from passing on there genes.

Talio @ Sep 7 2010, 5:35PM
If no one is interested no one is interested. Think of it like this...say you take your dick out in front of a girl and she's not interested in it. It doesn't help to smack her in the face again with it 7 days later.

#3 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:59 PM

It's going to make me laugh so hard when I hear you got shot for painting a realistic looking gun black. DONT PAINT YOUR GUNS BLACK!

Well I do guess it's one way for the world to stop stupid people from passing on there genes.

Don't be a dick.
Sorry I had to post on this thread.

industrial designer

#4 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:11 PM

If the only people who had the potential to be adversely affected by this were the people who had the black blasters than it wouldn't be a problem.
In one of the podcasts there's a story about how a few morons with black painted blasters basically got a whole huge college Nerf club banned from campus. Imagine if some kid did get shot by the police with a black blaster and it was on the news. Office and college wars all over would likely be shut down, we'd be shoo'd away from public parks or worse.
One retarded 12 year old could make us all look bad/ cause a giant hassle.

Edited by Keith, 23 February 2010 - 08:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users