Photo

Nerf Raider Cocking Problem

13 replies to this topic

#1 jlidral

jlidral

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:37 PM

I recently did an air restrictor removal on my Nerf Raider it went perfectly until I put it back together. The problem happened when I tried load a dart into the chamber. I cocked the gun and the bolt and sled went back but did not return to its forward position. I found that the problem was with this little white piece circled in black below.

Posted Image

I was wondering how to fix this? I know that as the bolt travels back the piece sticking out (circled in gray) depress the top triangular part of the white piece (circled in brown), that piece is supposed to say depressed down and locked in place by the second triangular piece in front sliding back (circled in red). However the triangular part (brown) is not staying down, I tried enlarging the piece that sticks out of the bolt (gray) with Bondo but that did not help. I have tinkered with this for several hours disassembled and reassembled the gun with no success. Can someone please help me out with this.
Thanks
-Jlidral

if my description of the problem is too difficult to understand i can make a video of the problem and provide a link to it.

#2 Seven7h Man

Seven7h Man

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

I have no idea how to fix your blaster but,

WHY DOES EVERY BODY HAVE POKEMON BED SHEETS??

#3 gohavefun

gohavefun

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:07 PM

Posted Image

I'm not positive I'd have to open mine up but ( it's 11:30 I will check tommarrow )… I think it's a use less lock so little kids don't load ( or try to load) more than one shot

#4 Reagent X

Reagent X

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:14 AM

This happens to mine when I don't pull the priming arm all the way back, the tooth goes up so you can't pull it back.
Fix: Slam the priming arm back as hard as you can. Works for me.

#5 meatballica

meatballica

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:08 AM

On mine I removed the one that you circled in a Tannish/Brown color and mine works just fine. This may help you but I believe you need the red circled one because it pushes the orange piece back. Which if it were not for that it may not fire right but I am not 100% for sure. I will check later.
"You've waged your war on nerves, but you can't crush the kingdom."

#6 Chadpuff

Chadpuff

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:19 AM

Take a lil epoxy putty and legthen the knob circled in silver just a little bit (be sure to add the slope to the back like the original). Make sure its the same height and width. Should help

Happy nerfing

Edited by Chadpuff, 05 February 2010 - 11:21 AM.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." ...Han Solo

#7 Chadpuff

Chadpuff

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:33 AM

I have no idea how to fix your blaster but,

WHY DOES EVERY BODY HAVE POKEMON BED SHEETS??

Gotta Catch'em All?
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." ...Han Solo

#8 Guest_TheSilverhead_*

Guest_TheSilverhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

I had the same problem. Take out the spring for the gun, the carefully re-adjust all the parts. It floats there in a rather annoying fashion. You have to cock the gun while it's open, and just play with it until it works. This might seem like a dumb solution, but it was the only way I could get it to work.

#9 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

Posted Image

I'm not positive I'd have to open mine up but ( it's 11:30 I will check tommarrow )… I think it's a use less lock so little kids don't load ( or try to load) more than one shot

Kids cannot load more than one shot on stock clipped blasters because the breech does not allow it, not because of that piece. The back of the breech, where the air-restrictor is, is where that dart sits, and it would be impossible to fit more without an angel breech or some replacement breech.
My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#10 gohavefun

gohavefun

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:58 PM

Posted Image

Kids cannot load more than one shot on stock clipped blasters because the breech does not allow it, not because of that piece. The back of the breech, where the air-restrictor is, is where that dart sits, and it would be impossible to fit more without an angel breech or some replacement breech.

im not retarded and trust me a stupid 6 year old ( my brother ) tried this

#11 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:39 PM

It's not a useless lock. You'd best be keeping it if youlike slam firing. Just pull the bolt back all the way and you should be fine.

#12 jlidral

jlidral

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

Ok, first of all I would like to apologize for taking so long to reply, I have had a really busy week or two. Second of all I would like to thank you guys for all your help. First idea I tried was building up the silver knob with Bondo but that wore down after a few times cocking it. Next I fiddled with the internal for an hour or so before finally giving up and breaking out the Dremel and cutting of the piece I have circled and red below. So far no problems it cocks and fire's fine I still need to test slam firing, but I will get back to you guys on that.
Posted Image

#13 Rookie407

Rookie407

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:20 PM

And you never got back to us...

#14 Rookie407

Rookie407

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:24 PM

I have completely removed the white "lock" and the orange "locks" and random button on the reverse of the shell and the blaster still working perfect. Slam fire and all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users