NerfHaven: Nerf Deploy Cs-6 - Reviews & Internals Guide - NerfHaven

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nerf Deploy Cs-6 - Reviews & Internals Guide For Reference!

#16 User is offline   Broderick 

• Group: Members
  • State:NULL (No Answer)

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:45 PM

Oh, I made myself sad a little bit. At first I looked at it and the spring in the stock at first glance looked like a big ass spring for added power. :D Oh well, we all knew it would be a recon, so I don't see why we're complaining; Personally I'm not irritated at all, I found the Longshot setup to be tedious with the backplate on the plunger tube, especially with a BBB spring or something with similar stregnth added, due to the stress on the screw ports. I like the extra space in the stock, it will be very easy to put a powerstock in there, and it just looks absolutely badass in my opinion (Although I'm sure everyone else here thinks that as well).
I play indoors mostly as well, so I think this should work out great, and for outdoors anybody can build an RSCB Big Blast in an hour or two.
One question that's on my mind though, do you know if it can accept raider drums? (There shouldn't really be any reason why it wouldn't, but I'm just curious bcos ammo whore)

This post has been edited by Broderick: 03 February 2010 - 02:45 PM

#17 User is offline   Lion 

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:16 PM

Can it be primmed and then transformed to a 'flashlight'?

#18 User is offline   SgNerf 

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

Yes, the Deploy can also use the Raider drum magazines.

It can also be primed and then transformed back into the torch mode (or even if its already in torch mode), if that is done, its then possible to deploy it and fire off a shot before needing to prime for the 2nd shot.

The Deploy can only be fired by the main trigger in the flip out trigger handle.
Nerf News & Reviews! >> http://www.sgnerf.blogspot.com
Nerf Mod Guides! >> http://www.modworks.blogspot.com

#19 User is offline   xbox180 

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:28 PM

I don't know about you. But I was looking forward to seeing this
blaster over the Longstrike. But a CLEAR DEPLOY AND RAIDER. Thank you Hasbro. Also does anyone have an idea on when the clear blaster plan to be realsed.
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#20 User is offline   Flaming Hilt 

• State:Washington

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:38 PM

Maybe I'm missing something here but doesn't it seem like that extra string in the back doesn't serve a purpose? I haven't had a chance to buy one yet (that's right, I'm buying one... I like the way it looks. Will need a new pump handle though) and figure it out myself, so until then I'm just going to throw this out there.

What does the second spring do? It doesn't appear to be attached to any moving parts...

EDIT: Yea, after looking around, it has to do with the deploy, for others who were confused. My mistake.

This post has been edited by Flaming Hilt: 03 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#21 User is offline   alberty 

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:42 PM

View PostFlaming Hilt, on Feb 4 2010, 12:38 AM, said:

Maybe I'm missing something here but doesn't it seem like that extra string in the back doesn't serve a purpose? I haven't had a chance to buy one yet (that's right, I'm buying one... I like the way it looks. Will need a new pump handle though) and figure it out myself, so until then I'm just going to throw this out there.

What does the second spring do? It doesn't appear to be attached to any moving parts...

Did you watch the video? It's part of the "deploying" system, and it specifically is what makes the stock pop out during the process.

#22 User is offline   Flaming Hilt 

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

I did, but for some reason I got thinking the deploy was electronic. My bad. *shrug.*
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#23 User is offline   guardian21 

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:24 AM

Its funny! I almost vomited at the sight of the internal pics but once i saw the video i find this gun quite appealing! XD. i just see little real point in the flashlight mode. Sure its cool for shits and giggles but lets not fool ourselves, can anyone think of a practical use for it in a nerf war?
DATA!

#24 User is offline   LiterSize 

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:04 PM

It can be... used as a blaster? And some guys do play at night (Minnesota, right?) so the flashlight might be helpful to them. Seriously though, "practical use... in a nerf war"? That phrasing is a bit of an oxymoron.

#25 User is offline   LotusNerf 

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:28 PM

View PostLiterSize, on Feb 4 2010, 05:04 PM, said:

It can be... used as a blaster? And some guys do play at night (Minnesota, right?) so the flashlight might be helpful to them. Seriously though, "practical use... in a nerf war"? That phrasing is a bit of an oxymoron.

I think that IS an oxymoron in many cases, but with Nerf wars with modders, practical use is necessary. But you're right in any case. So for many of us, it may be cool little feature, or just dead space.

-Lotus

#26 User is offline   Jim701 

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

View PostBroderick, on Feb 3 2010, 04:45 PM, said:

Oh, I made myself sad a little bit. At first I looked at it and the spring in the stock at first glance looked like a big ass spring for added power. :D Oh well, we all knew it would be a recon, so I don't see why we're complaining; Personally I'm not irritated at all, I found the Longshot setup to be tedious with the backplate on the plunger tube, especially with a BBB spring or something with similar stregnth added, due to the stress on the screw ports. I like the extra space in the stock, it will be very easy to put a powerstock in there, and it just looks absolutely badass in my opinion (Although I'm sure everyone else here thinks that as well).
I play indoors mostly as well, so I think this should work out great, and for outdoors anybody can build an RSCB Big Blast in an hour or two.
One question that's on my mind though, do you know if it can accept raider drums? (There shouldn't really be any reason why it wouldn't, but I'm just curious bcos ammo whore)

[quote]
Yes, my friend, it can. As Nerf has so often advertised, any blaster that utilizes the clip system can also use the drum mag from the Raider...for those of you out there wondering, that includes the new Longstrike as well.

#27 User is offline   Flaming Hilt 

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:44 PM

They play at night in MN (sadly I went to school before being able to experience it), and at the Battery Kinzie wars here in WA we need flashlights for the pitch black secret passageways.

Anyways, there's no way the stock light can be decent, so I'll be gutting that part and making a mount for one of my flashlights.
V

#28 User is offline   bourbon 

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:31 PM

I think the "flashlight" is actually the "red dot" pointer, the same that comes with the Recon and is built into the Nitefinder, based on the box art.

Initially I deemed this gun just as useless as the Longstrike, but there is an aspect of the gun I had forgotten. By the looks of things, it includes a carrying strap. Coupled with it's ability to fold into a smaller size, the Deploy could be used as a large sidearm. Unlike a Recon in pistol configuration, the Deploy has room for a power stock, sports a shotgun foregrip for rapid firing, and has the clip mounted horizontally, leading to fewer jams. Since most of the gun is hollow, it is definitely light enough to strap to one's back.

If you have a high power, low ROF primary, like a BBBB, having a rapid-fire side-arm like the Deploy would be incredibly useful. When everyone else is using Nitefinders or LnLs, the Deploy gets similar range, and when it comes to ROF, they're not even in the same league. If someone tries to rush you, instead of depending on another single shot weapon, you can spam darts worry free with the Deploy.

This post has been edited by bourbon: 04 February 2010 - 11:32 PM

#29 User is offline   guardian21 

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:47 AM

View Postbourbon, on Feb 5 2010, 02:31 AM, said:

If you have a high power, low ROF primary, like a BBBB, having a rapid-fire side-arm like the Deploy would be incredibly useful. When everyone else is using Nitefinders or LnLs, the Deploy gets similar range, and when it comes to ROF, they're not even in the same league. If someone tries to rush you, instead of depending on another single shot weapon, you can spam darts worry free with the Deploy.

I would agree with this, but thats what my LS carbine is for. :D

(on a followup note to my first post. the internals still make me want to vomit)

This post has been edited by guardian21: 06 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

DATA!

#30 User is offline   Eboreg 

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:15 PM

I see the Deploy being used in Assassinations. You walk up to the guy wearing a coat but apparently unarmed. Then, when you get close to him at a good spot, you take this sucker out of your coat, deploy it, fire six random shots hoping one will hit, then run away. I can also see it being used as a form of protection against assassinations. Heck, if you're feeling dirty enough, you can use to look like a bystander in a nerf war when you're actually a raider.
Always bring your sword to battle.

I pity the fool who attempts to use a single-shot blaster against me.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users