anyone had this probelm before?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:47 PM

Hey all,

I was messing around with my at2k today (pump plugged, goo guage removed, couplered) when it just stopped working. I thought it was a leak and tried the water test but there were no leaks. I can hear a hissing sound directly after I pump. It sounds as if the pumped air is just coming right back out of the pump tube. I guess what I mean is that air goes in and comes right back out.

I have not seen or heard of a probelem such as this to date. I'm wondering how to fix it. I redid all of the seals and that was not the problem. The funny thing is, when you take the air tank off, it pumps just fine. Also, when you pump with the air tank open, it punps fine and you can feel/hear the air coming out of the tank where it normally does.

I don't see how pics would help here. It's just a standard at2k setup really.

Hope to hear from you and thanks in advance,

Whisper...

Edited by Whisper101, 30 December 2009 - 05:48 PM.

#2 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:56 PM

I have the same problem with one of my pumps. I think it's the check valve that's to blame, try putting in a check valve after the pump.

#3 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:56 PM

I too believe that you busted your check valve. Also, why do you make so many help threads?
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#4 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:50 PM

Might a new check valve be needed? I forgot to mention that I unplugged the pump and it did not help. What do I do now? I could get a new check valve at HD, or ACE...

Hi Yah- I have lots of old crappy guns that I frequently try to bring back to life. Also;

"A question unasked is a problem unsolved."

-anonymous

#5 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:55 PM

Mine did this after I plugged the pump as well. The pump would push air into the tubing, but then it would push the pump handle back out. I spliced in a new check valve and it works like a dream now. I hope this helps.

#6 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:24 PM

@bob- yeah, it pushes the pump handle out...alot

@Phree- How did you do that? Can I get a check valve at home depot or Ace?

#7 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:59 PM

NOt sure how I'd move the stem back into place. I cannot think of a long enough tool. Can I just geta new one at HD or AcE?

EDIT: Just thinking out loud here: Might it work to just hook up a regular bike pump to the tank? It woul eliminate all that fiddling witht he check valve....

Edited by Whisper101, 31 December 2009 - 10:08 AM.

#8 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:46 AM

I got my replacement at Petco. It was for fish tanks and hooked up nicely with the stock tubing. I just cut out a section of the stock tubing and conneted the split ends of the stock tubing to the valve. Make sure the arrow on the valve indicating direction of flow points from the pump to the tank.

#9 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:47 PM

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! Yay! How you ask?

Well, Thanks to BOB, I realized that my problem was that my check valve had busted. What I did was I cut open the pump at the back ( cut on the dotted line). My problem was that the little rubber circle had been dislodged due to a plugged pump. I put a small dab of super glue on the very center of the circle. ONLY PUT IT ON THE CENTER, OTHERWISE AIR WILL OT BE ABLE TO BE PUMPED. Let it dry and then glue the peice that you cut off back on. That worked for me...

EDIT: Actually, it did not work. Shit. I may just have to get another 2k pump tube.

Edited by Whisper101, 03 January 2010 - 10:27 AM.

#10 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

some pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image

I could've pushed it back into place but I did not think that would hold for long. By turning it upside down and shaking I could get it to fall out.

Same problem. Apparently the check valve did not work. Air is still pushing the plunger ord back out.

#11 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

Legit double post:

I was searching around on USPlastics and found a page dedicated to checkvalves:

http://www.usplastic...CFUlo5QodsSIqKg

I found these:

http://www.usplastic...23369&catid=489

and these:
http://www.usplastic...23170&catid=489

I was wondering if either of them might work to fix my problem. I was thinking I could eliminate my faulty check valve IN the plunger tube and insert one of the above into the tubing in order to fix the mechanism.

At this point, I;m just looking for something that might work. If anyone has any insight as to whether or not one of the above valves will work, please post it here. This seems to be along the lines of what Phree posted...

#12 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:05 PM

From that vendor, I think you might be better served by this kind.

If you can find the dimensions of the valve body, there might be one where you can snip off most of the input barb and simply glue it over the opening you've cut. You want the absolute minimum amount of dead space you can possibly achieve between the pump head and the checkvalve.

OK cool. Just as long as I know that this will probably work. I'll see wat I can do when I get one and when possibl, I'll try to post pics of what I did. Thanks so much!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users