Minnesnowta Recap

56 replies to this topic

#1 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:25 PM

Time for some winter-wonder-land FUN.

Rules: No blasters will be straight up banned, but I reserve the right to ban blasters if they prove to be distasteful.
-Like the last war, the only darts allowed are traditional CS washer darts, and darts weighted with a single, standard, copper BB. No, you may not use a combination of the two.
-Don't be a douche....I'd rather just say that than go into details. It covers almost everything.

Gamestypes: CTF, Team Deathmatch, Free for all, Gunslinger, Wingman.
I'm thinking we should really try some new games. I'm thinking about some more objective based games where shooting each other isn't all that matters, as well as some Zombie variants. Any ideas?

Date: January 16th
Time: 11-4 (or whenever we get tired/the sun sets)
Address: 900 N Fairview Ave., St. Paul

Showing:
Venom
BustaNinja
Tatertotguy
Atomatron
Eh_Watt
VelveetaAvenger

Maybes:
NerfBros
Imjustbackup
MercenaryXero

Edited by venom213, 16 January 2010 - 09:06 PM.

#2 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:41 PM

FYI, I won't be back in town till the 10th of January. It may not be easy to get access to the Civil Engineering building without me. Methinks we should pressure Koree into getting access to the Hamline facilities.

I'd be curious to try another outdoor war at the Riverside park, but Newell is fine too. If we do an outdoor war, will it be an official Minnesnowta?

#3 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:54 PM

FYI, I won't be back in town till the 10th of January. It may not be easy to get access to the Civil Engineering building without me. Methinks we should pressure Koree into getting access to the Hamline facilities.

I'd be curious to try another outdoor war at the Riverside park, but Newell is fine too. If we do an outdoor war, will it be an official Minnesnowta?

I dont know, it depends on what Kyle is planning on. I don't really want to steal his war, but, if he was going to post Minnesnowta, methinks he would have done it already.

I will see what Koree can do.

#4 Eh Watt

Eh Watt

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:59 PM

The church Lief and I go to would be good for an indoor war, and I could probably round up some kids who'd be interested if we need extra people. They're pretty open-minded, I'm guessing we could talk them into it. Also, my school has a gigantic gym (4 basketball courts + a track and then some), so we could start up the midwest version of Massacre if we built enough cover. Should I take some pictures/videos of them?

Edited by Eh_Watt?, 14 December 2009 - 05:00 PM.

John Hancock

#5 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:06 PM

The church Lief and I go to would be good for an indoor war, and I could probably round up some kids who'd be interested if we need extra people. They're pretty open-minded, I'm guessing we could talk them into it. Also, my school has a gigantic gym (4 basketball courts + a track and then some), so we could start up the midwest version of Massacre if we built enough cover. Should I take some pictures/videos of them?

Before you do that, find out if we can even play at the places. That is the most important thing. The church I have a feeling would be a better option. I've nerfed at a church before (there were literally like over 100 people nerfing at once there, it was nuts), and from what I can tell, Churches are usually more open-minded, and sport people always need gyms

Edited by venom213, 14 December 2009 - 06:16 PM.

#6 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:19 PM

Before you do that, find out if we can even play at the places. That is the most important thing. The church I have a feeling would be a better option. I've nerfed at a church before (there were literally like over 100 people nerfing at once there, it was nuts), and from what I can tell, Churches are usually more open-minded, and sport people always need gyms

Stock guns? or can I bust out my diddle 3k?
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#7 Eh Watt

Eh Watt

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

They allowed outdoor-type guns in Massacre. My gym is GIGANTIC

Edited by Eh_Watt?, 14 December 2009 - 08:45 PM.

John Hancock

#8 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:12 PM

They allowed outdoor-type guns in Massacre. My gym is GIGANTIC

Hmm... Sweet.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#9 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:33 PM

I would still suggest using stock darts for indoors, if only to make more blasters viable.

#10 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:36 PM

Well, depending the number of people will decide what darts we allow. But, it's pretty likely that we won't allow anything but stock darts. I guess, if we wanted to, we could have everyone bring only slug darts and see how it went, but for now plan on stock darts.

#11 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

I am 99% sure your school will not allow a nerf war on school grounds. Schools do not like anything associated with guns or fake guns to be happening on campus. You should still ask whoever is in charge of such things, but I just felt like I should rain on the parade before people got too excited.

Personally, I would rather use stock darts at an indoor war, just for fun.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#12 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:29 AM

I'm in, Stock darts are covered.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#13 Eh Watt

Eh Watt

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:26 AM

Well, Massacre is in a school, I'll ask them today. I was just throwing ideas out there. I'll go ask the peeps at my church, too, and take some videos/pictures.

And stock darts.
John Hancock

#14 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:27 PM

Well, Massacre is in a school

But the difference is that the school is in Canada. Just ask them though.

#15 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:08 PM

I won’t be there, but I’m sure I can still take pot shots from Mound with my NEW MOTHERFATHER COBRA DRAIN BLASTER FUCKSQUADE CANNON!!!!1!

Sorry…I had to tell somebody and everyone on my office thinks I’m nuts for buying a ‘poop rocket’.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#16 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:21 PM

Well, I guess we should plan on having this one outside for now. No word from anyone about indoor access?

#17 Eh Watt

Eh Watt

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:35 PM

Well, I guess we should plan on having this one outside for now. No word from anyone about indoor access?

The person at my church said it'd probably be unlikely, but she'd talk to one of the head people anyways, and I haven't heard back from her yet. No news from the people at the school, either.
John Hancock

#18 tatertotguy

tatertotguy

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:23 PM

Cant make it that day.
"So thats when she says, 'No that's my belly button'."

#19 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

I might be interested. I'd be more interested if it was outside as the weather is pretty reasonable right now.

#20 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:57 PM

If it happens, it's probably going to be outside anyway. Is everyone who already confirmed still in? Anyone else? Playing in the snow is awesome afterall, just cold, but that can be countered by planning well.

Edited by venom213, 22 December 2009 - 10:58 PM.

#21 Eh Watt

Eh Watt

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:54 PM

If it happens, it's probably going to be outside anyway. Is everyone who already confirmed still in? Anyone else? Playing in the snow is awesome afterall, just cold, but that can be countered by planning well.

Heh, whoopsies, never mind. I'm not going to be in town Jan. 2nd. Happy Nerfing!

Edited by Eh_Watt?, 24 December 2009 - 04:57 PM.

John Hancock

#22 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:30 PM

Zach has ardently encouraged me to inform everyone of my attendance.

I'll need to borrow things, all but the USS Cresline and three darts I found under my bed are at school. Though as always I'll have my badassery, good sportsmanship, and camera.

I look forward to meeting some of the new MN nerfers.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#23 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:34 PM

I should be in too. Hopefully this rainy slush turns back into snow before the war.

Gamestypes: CTF, Team Deathmatch, Free for all, Gunslinger, Wingman.
I'm thinking we should really try some new games. I'm thinking about some more objective based games where shooting each other isn't all that matters, as well as some Zombie variants. Any ideas?

Zombies for sure, although I just got a pretty good idea for a VIP round.

It seems to me that the VIP always seems to get shot in the first couple of minutes every time we play. How about instead we give the VIP infinite lives, but he has to stand still for 10 or 20 seconds every time he's hit. In order to win the round, the VIP and his team have to make it from one objective to another with a time limit of however many minutes. The other team will be trying to stop the VIP enough times that the VIP runs out of time before reaching the objective.

It might take a couple of tries to figure out a good round time limit and VIP hit penalty. I hope this will be more fun then starting 2 or 3 rounds that last under a minute before giving up and going back to deathmatch.

Another wacky idea I just had is to do a variant on CTF where each team has to get into the others base and build a snowman of decent height to capture it. Respawn points would have to be away from the bases for this to have a chance at working though.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 26 December 2009 - 02:16 AM.

"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#24 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:20 PM

I liked the "unknown vip" gametype we played during the summer. Both teams had a VIP, and everyone else had infinite lives. Once the VIP was hit, it turned into a sudden death game - everyone on that team was a one-hit kill.

all but the USS Cresline and three darts I found under my bed are at school

What's your point? You can re-use those darts after you shoot them.

In any case, I'm going to be thousands of miles away from MN on the 2nd of January. Have fun in the snow.

#25 Eh Watt

Eh Watt

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:44 PM

I like the snowman idea, Velveeta. Have fun without me, guys!
John Hancock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users