Photo

Pvc +bow Foregrip --- Homeade

11 replies to this topic

#1 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:32 PM

After seeing this post by Merzlin, I decided to make a PVC foregrip for my +Bow.

This is how it turned out:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I cut down the metal trigger rod of an Sm3k (blue) and I got this. I also added a spring from my box of random springs that fit just tight enough on the rod to be stopped by the dent thing in the rod.

Posted Image

Some more closeup pics:

Posted Image

I used a PVC that has an airtight fit with CPVC so it worked out well.

To move the grip to any of the different spots, you simply pull down the little metal rod and move it.

Default Position

Posted Image

Released Position

Posted Image

Different location options:

Posted Image

Feel free to ask any questions or make any comments/suggestions.

Edited by cheesypiza001, 11 October 2009 - 11:46 PM.

#2 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:41 AM

Other than the fact it doesn't match the rest of the gun, it looks great.

#3 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:04 AM

Other than the fact it doesn't match the rest of the gun, it looks great.

Thanks. I'm colorblind so I don't really pay much attention to matching colors. Also, I can't really paint the CPVC because it fits airtight in the PVC and if I painted it, it would be too thick to fit through nicely.

#4 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:56 AM

Nice. I might do this with a SNAP, but use a clothespin trigger for an adjustment lock.

QUICK-ASS EDIT: couldn't you apply this to a breech? I was just thinking about making a locking breech with this but I don't have the time... Feel free to develop my idea!

Edited by CA13, 12 October 2009 - 10:58 AM.

Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#5 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

Nice. I might do this with a SNAP, but use a clothespin trigger for an adjustment lock.

QUICK-ASS EDIT: couldn't you apply this to a breech? I was just thinking about making a locking breech with this but I don't have the time... Feel free to develop my idea!

A breech is basically the whole PVC nested thing (the part that CA13 is referring to) but instead of using a catch as a lock, it uses friction.

#6 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:01 PM

What? I was just saying that you probably could make a breech "lock" into place with a convenient handle and catch. Why would you be trying to correct me?
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#7 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

What? I was just saying that you probably could make a breech "lock" into place with a convenient handle and catch. Why would you be trying to correct me?

Not how its done here, unless you want your dart to shoot out in shreds.

#8 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

I was not correcting you, I was stating something about what you said. Also, it would be hard to make a locking breech with a catch like I have here that did not cause any loss in range because the hole in which the catch enters and exits could leak out the air. Though, this would probably not make a very noticeable difference. Then again, I don't understand why you would need a locking breech when you can use friction as a lock and save time and effort instead of using a locking breech.

#9 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:27 PM

I'll explain myself. I was thinking of some sort of nested barrel material that could be locked into place with a clothespin trigger/catch assembly. Not that anything (i.e. the pin/spring sticking out into the actual barrel.) I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

#10 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:29 AM

This is a great idea and the adjustable-ness is a nice touch. The only improvement it needs is a more secure way to mount the handle to the +bow.
Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#11 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:04 PM

How does this add to the comfort of the Plusbow?
Its definitely not as comfy as a crossbow ;)
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#12 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

How does this add to the comfort of the Plusbow?
Its definitely not as comfy as a crossbow ;)

I like it. Nice and simple, but much cheaper than my idea for a foregrip. I do have to say though these foregrips, are much more comfortable.

Posted Image

My only complaint about it, is the metal pin sticking out right where you hand is supposed to go. Another idea for you, dip it in Plasti Dip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users