First one written up, I think?

36 replies to this topic

#1 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:53 PM

Removed

Edited by NerfRogue83, 04 August 2010 - 11:20 PM.

IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#2 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:58 PM

Removed

Edited by NerfRogue83, 04 August 2010 - 11:21 PM.

IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife

#3 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:41 PM

Cool mod. How strong do you think that priming bar is?

How did you find enough time to make a write-up but not take ranges?

You need to use the flower button on your camera, lol.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#4 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:53 PM

Cool mod. How strong do you think that priming bar is?

How did you find enough time to make a write-up but not take ranges?

You need to use the flower button on your camera, lol.

The priming bar is fairly strong, plus it has grooves that can be filled with epoxy putty--which I will most likely do soon. The write up was done this morning--when I should have been sleeping...I work nights. I will get ranges soon, as I know everyone is going to say the same thing you did. Thank you for the compliment as well, I enjoy your work as too.----Rogue.

Edited by NerfRogue83, 30 July 2009 - 03:54 PM.

#5 CoasterDynamix757

CoasterDynamix757

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

Blurry pictures but other than that nice. Nothing out of the ordinary, just maverick mods.
Is it fear or courage that compels you?

Coaster's Everything Thread.

#6 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:10 PM

Blurry pictures but other than that nice. Nothing out of the ordinary, just maverick mods.

Umm..thanks? Sorry bout the pics, I am an EMT/Paramedic--not a photographer.

#7 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:44 PM

Nice work Rogue! I look forward to getting one of these things.
Will you bring this to SOFA?
I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#8 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:46 PM

Nice work Rogue! I look forward to getting one of these things.
Will you bring this to SOFA?

You Betta believe it! This one is already packed, with all my other gear. The green one is taking longer, but will be worth it.

#9 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:33 PM

Nice job. Are the ranges better than a maverick?
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#10 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:48 PM

Nice job. Are the ranges better than a maverick?

Yes....as far as I can tell. No specifics yet--gotta measure soon.

Edited by NerfRogue83, 30 July 2009 - 05:54 PM.

#11 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

Ooh, I can't wait for the other one! Is there enough space for rear loading, or could you cut space?

#12 HeracrossKid

HeracrossKid

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

That is a cool mod right there. The PETG looks very nice.

Would you prefer to use a FuryFire over a DTB(assuming they both have spring replacements and barrel replacements)? There are currently no FuryFire sets over here for me to compare.

#13 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

That is a cool mod right there. The PETG looks very nice.

Would you prefer to use a FuryFire over a DTB(assuming they both have spring replacements and barrel replacements)? There are currently no FuryFire sets over here for me to compare.

With a little more tweaking?--The FuryFire. Right now a well modded DTG would outrange it, but the action of the FuryFire is much nicer, and more conveinent. I have a few more ideas I want to try, see if I can pull a bit more power out of the FF.----Rogue.

Edited by NerfRogue83, 30 July 2009 - 08:21 PM.

#14 The Kart Racing Nerf Man

The Kart Racing Nerf Man

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:45 PM

Just a quick question, where did you get the fury fires? Are they out in stores yet or do you have to order online? I looked but couldnt find any online for a reasonable price. Sorry if this ruins your thread but I didn't want to start a new thread on this topic. Thank you
I'm a Mac

Paste this into your sig if you are a Mac.

#15 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:49 PM

Just a quick question, where did you get the fury fires? Are they out in stores yet or do you have to order online? I looked but couldnt find any online for a reasonable price. Sorry if this ruins your thread but I didn't want to start a new thread on this topic. Thank you

Please re-read the first 2 sentences of the 1st post......NERFER63 (currently suspendid here) hooked me up. He lives in Cali and they are in stores there.---Rogue.

#16 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

I wa supposed to go to sleep this morning after working last night, but I decided to test ranges outside because of everyone asking for them.

I am 6' tall, all shots taken flat at chest level. I used 3/0 weighted Red FBR Stefans.
Shot #1- 36'
#2- 34'
#3- 35'
#4- 36'
#5- 35'
#6- 35'
#7- 33'
#8- 37'
#9- 34'
#10- 35'
As you can tell, the ranges are nothing to celebrate about--but this blasters ROF and ease of priming definately make up for that in my opinion. Considering the fact that this thing shot like 15' out of the box, I am fairly pleased. A better dart/barrel fit would also help me. I will continue to experiment and try to increase the range, but for now it does fairly well.---Rogue.

Edited by NerfRogue83, 31 July 2009 - 09:22 AM.

#17 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:55 AM

ranges

Try expanding your darts. With loose fitting darts my nitefinder gets 30', with well fitting darts it gets 60'. Maybe change barrel material.

#18 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:05 AM

Those ranges are dssapointing, but as wing'd man said dart barrel fit is a huge factor in range.

You may want to try a foam that is very snug in PETG.
Possibly Hereticorp?

Also even if it does get maverick ranges it has 10 shots compared to 6, and a different and seemingly more
comforatable priming handle.

Edited by white moonlight, 06 August 2009 - 10:24 PM.

On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#19 Kash munni

Kash munni

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:29 PM

For a gun of this power, I would suggest using single BB stefans. The 3/0 weights may just be too heavy for a maverick-like setup.

#20 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:51 PM

For a gun of this power, I would suggest using single BB stefans. The 3/0 weights may just be too heavy for a maverick-like setup.

Ok....so after a quick nap, I decided to do some more work. I pulled the gun apart: Re-lubbed the plunger O-ring, added a pre-load spacer to the back of the firing spring, and reinforced to priming handle. I also went out and bought some new foam---and promptly went about making new stefans, still 3/0 weighted, and 1 1/2" long

2ND set of 10 Shots:
#1- 44'
#2- 46'
#3- 49.5'
#4- 51'
#5- 48'
#6- 49'
#7- 50.5'
#8- 51'
#9- 48'
#10- 50.5'

Again--all shots taken level, outside. Still nothing crazy, but for a relitively small gun that can fire this fast--I am still pleased. The green version on my workbench right now will be more impressive---I promise. Thank you all so far that have offered constructive comments and compliments. Good luck on modding yours when you get them, Rogue.

#21 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:02 PM

2ND set of 10 Shots:
#1- 44'
#2- 46'
#3- 49.5'
#4- 51'
#5- 48'
#6- 49'
#7- 50.5'
#8- 51'
#9- 48'
#10- 50.5'

Now thats more like it :)

When do you think you'll be done with the green one?
On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#22 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:05 PM

Soon, I hope! I have been on it for a few days straight now---in between sleeping and chasing my 1 year old daughter around. The write up will be up soon......Rogue.

#23 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:18 PM

Not primary worthy... Maybe combine this and Daedalus? But the barrels would be to short... hmm... Great job none the less!

EDIT: Can you please check your email? I need some answers on the recon parts... About me not having them.

Edited by wing'd man, 31 July 2009 - 02:24 PM.

#24 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:34 PM

Not primary worthy... Maybe combine this and Daedalus? But the barrels would be to short... hmm... Great job none the less!

EDIT: Can you please check your email? I need some answers on the recon parts... About me not having them.

I agree Wing---not a viable primary by itself---this one will be RogueScope equipped at SOFA. The ROF is very impressive nonetheless, and range is not everything. I am sure another member here will perform a "heart transplant" and give one of these a more powerfull set of spring-powered internals.

Also, i just emailed you--sorry about the delay my friend.------Rogue.

#25 thedarksideofnerf

thedarksideofnerf

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

I wa supposed to go to sleep this morning after working last night, but I decided to test ranges outside because of everyone asking for them.

I am 6' tall, all shots taken flat at chest level. I used 3/0 weighted Red FBR Stefans.
Shot #1- 36'
#2- 34'
#3- 35'
#4- 36'
#5- 35'
#6- 35'
#7- 33'
#8- 37'
#9- 34'
#10- 35'
As you can tell, the ranges are nothing to celebrate about--but this blasters ROF and ease of priming definately make up for that in my opinion. Considering the fact that this thing shot like 15' out of the box, I am fairly pleased. A better dart/barrel fit would also help me. I will continue to experiment and try to increase the range, but for now it does fairly well.---Rogue.

I got this set, and new out of box the lowest range was, 32 ft. and the highest range was 43 ft.

Edited by thedarksideofnerf, 31 July 2009 - 06:09 PM.

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users