Photo

Lnl Write Up

cpvc couplered, improved plunger seal, clean.

13 replies to this topic

#1 Wisp

Wisp

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:00 PM

So, yesterday, I got my LnL in the mail. So I decided to get to work on it asap, and I like being able to replace the barrel, so I worked with a coupler. Here are the supplies you need.
1/2" cpvc coupler.
Hack Saw
Super glue/epoxy
Atleast an inch of cpvc, plus whatever length you want your barrel to be
Optional: E-Tape.

Ok, there's not much there. I got the coupler for about 40 cents and an ACE hardware.
So here's what we're starting out with.
Posted Image
Open 'er up and you see these fairly simple internals. Note that the spring should be pressed against the plastic part at the end of the plunger, not out there where it is in the picture.
Posted Image
Ok, so pull out the plunger tube, take out the plunger and spring, and put those to the side.
Cut along the blue lines
Posted Image
The piece in between the blue lines is the one we won't need. You can put that aside or throw it away.
Grab some pliers, and pull out what's left of the air restrictors. They should look like this, or similiar once you're done.
Posted Image
Next is the tedious part, take about an inch or 3/4 of cpvc and sand the hell out of about half of that piece until it can fit into whats left of the barrel that's attached to the plunger tube. I recommend you keep it attached to the bigger part of the pipe while your sanding it, and cut it after, it makes it easier. This took me a good 20 minutes of sanding, and then I chipped away at it with scissors (I can't find my exacto) until it could fit into the barrel. You want about half an inch in the barrel, and the rest should be big enough that it can fit in the coupler without sliding out. Cover the bit going into the barrel with glue, and stick it in there and let it dry. It should look like this at the end.
Posted Image
Then, take the end that's not glued in, lather that with more glue, and pop the coupler onto that. Wait for that to dry. Here's what you should be looking at.
Posted Image

OPTIONAL: Wrap the plunger head in a layer of E-Tape, it makes it a lot more airtight. It will make it so it can kind of vacuum load a dart, and it will shoot further. Use two layers of E-Tape, three is a bit too much. Here's the completed plunger.
Posted Image
NOTE: do not have the tape cover the back of the plunger, where it catches, like in this picture. This will make your gun either not catch, or fire when you don't pull the trigger.
Now, to finish things up, put the plunger back in, and then put the plunger tube back into the shell.
Now put this piece that I had you saw off earlier back into it's place.
Posted Image
One end should stick out of the shell of the gun. There might be some space between the coupler and this piece, but as long as they're lined up you should be fine. This is optional, but it makes the gun look stock. Here is my gun with all the pieces in the right places.
Posted Image
Close the gun back up, and I put a heavy rubber band on it, and this is the final product.
Posted Image
You can put a cpvc barrel into it, and stick it in the coupler. This way you can expiriment with breeches, longer barrels, speedloaders etc. When it doesn't have a barrel in it looks 100% stock.
Here it is cocked, with a 4" barrel ( a few inches are inside the gun) and banded.
Posted Image
You can now put whatever you want on it to help cock it, like a key ring or zip tie or whatever.
I only had time to range test it once, and I was surprised. shooting a sonic micro flat from waist level, I got 64'. EDIT: this was with a 4" barrel.
EDIT 2: I'll do a full range test tomorrow probably.

Edited by Wisp, 22 May 2009 - 08:08 PM.

#2 UberKuhlMan

UberKuhlMan

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:27 PM

Just curious.Who did you get the LnL from.Because I got one off of EefMan.
QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Sep 28 2009, 05:31 PM) View Post

I'd like to see everyones faces when I walk up with something so big...

#3 Wisp

Wisp

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:27 PM

I just got it from Zaxbys.

#4 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:32 PM

Nice write up, you don't see that many lock n' load write ups, so it's good that you posted another.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#5 Wisp

Wisp

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:23 PM

Added a bit more about making it airtight, a final internals picture and a picture of the finished product with a barrel.

#6 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:47 PM

Is that the stock spring you have in there? It looks the same length as the stock spring but it is much shinier and it seems a tad bit thicker.

#7 Wisp

Wisp

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

Is that the stock spring you have in there? It looks the same length as the stock spring but it is much shinier and it seems a tad bit thicker.

I imagine it is, the seller said it was stock so I assume the spring was. I have never seen another lnl spring so I wouldn't know though.

#8 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:06 PM

Nice work. Yeah, that spring does look a bit beefy for the stock one...hmm...anyway, cleanly done, and nice job. And for all those PETG fans out there, check out my mod (Found on Lt. Stefan's site, link in my sig. By the way...join.) So as to not de-rail this thread though, sign up for that site to comment on it. Again, clean work, I like it.
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#9 Capten Karat

Capten Karat

• Banned
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:18 PM

Nice write up! I could understand it perfectly, and as a fan of cpvc myself if I ever get on I will definitely do this mod.

P.S. It's not completely stock as it doesn't have the cover. :P
Take of your thinking caps, and put on your ALGEBRAINS!

#10 Wisp

Wisp

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:25 PM

Nice write up! I could understand it perfectly, and as a fan of cpvc myself if I ever get on I will definitely do this mod.

P.S. It's not completely stock as it doesn't have the cover. :P

I still have that, but it's just too big, ugly and green to keep on the gun, before I actually got the gun I was planning on keeping it on, but it was just too uncomfortable haha.

#11 Eefman

Eefman

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:40 AM

I received your check today, I'll be mailing your LnL as soon as the check clears.
EDIT - Sorry, didn't mean to jack your thread Wisp, just seemed like Kuhldude here was worried about it.

Edited by Eefman, 22 May 2009 - 08:42 AM.

QUOTE(Daniel Beaver @ Jun 25 2010, 01:14 PM) View Post

You don't get your choice of toppings on your diddle sandwich. They are, by definition, non-consensual.

#12 Wisp

Wisp

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:49 PM

I'm having a problem with the catch, if the plunger is pushed down slightly when it's cocked, it will fire, which is really annoying because my rubber bands pull it down a bit. I tried replacing the catch spring, but it seems to be stronger than a pen spring already, so I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

#13 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:42 PM

I'm having a problem with the catch, if the plunger is pushed down slightly when it's cocked, it will fire, which is really annoying because my rubber bands pull it down a bit. I tried replacing the catch spring, but it seems to be stronger than a pen spring already, so I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Is the catch, or the place on the plunger head where it catches worn out? If so, PM me. I have extras that I can most likely sell you.

#14 Wisp

Wisp

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

Is the catch, or the place on the plunger head where it catches worn out? If so, PM me. I have extras that I can most likely sell you.

I figured out my issue, it was a stupid mistake on my part. the electric tape was covering the area where it catches, so that made it fire really easily. Fixed now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users