Bfno, March 21st

A SoCal War

12 replies to this topic

#1 SorrowX

SorrowX

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:05 AM

Well, its been a while since we've had a war down here, and with the amount of people that me and squishy are introducing nerf to, we would have to rent a bus, or be like the Asian we are(or the majority of us) and go hong-kong style on a U-Haul truck just to get them all up to Glendora. Also, everyone, if you do come, make sure you bring ALL of your blasters, because, quite frankly, I don't have enough of them to lend out to everyone in my group.

I want to try Smith-Murphy park again, just cause if it rains, there's a school right next to it so we can play on some concrete. The date may be subject to changes, as Nodoka is getting her wisdom teeth pulled, and I don't know when she'd be ok to nerf.

Date: March 21st, 2009
Time:9:30-10ish, seeing if I can get off my lazy ass early enough, till whenever. and if possible, a night war from 6 to 8:30-9ish
Location: Smith murphy Park, 5290 Cameron Dr. Buena Park, CA 90621

The rules for this war are going to be a bit different, due to the fact of a new game type, "Infection," which implements In-Game team changes.

- Any Armor is allowed, as long as it somehow attaches to a blaster (be logical, that means not connecting body armor to your gun by a piece of string)No Umbrellas taped onto your gun! if you do have any umbrellas on your gun, you will be asked to remove it, and if it cannot be emoved, you won't be able to use in the war.

- Melee Weapons are Encouraged, just make sure that they are foam padded. there was an instance as halloweeno when I was being stupid, and accidentally injured someone with the unpadded bayonet on my longshot.

Other than those, its standard rules. Also, if anyone has an 2k,3K or 4K (or even internals [Doesn't have to have turret]), I'd happily buy it from you as long as it still works.

Edited by SorrowX, 12 March 2009 - 07:33 PM.

You may have the balls, but I have the lack of morality!

#2 only1darttokillyou

only1darttokillyou

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:11 PM

[/quote]

Edited by only1darttokillyou!, 01 March 2009 - 11:43 AM.

#3 only1darttokillyou

only1darttokillyou

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:41 AM

I know we will have at least 9 people from the The group I belong to. Five from Buena Park!

#4 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:08 PM

I'm in. Will you trade any airguns for a fully mooded NF?
American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

#5 SorrowX

SorrowX

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:35 PM

Important update: if everyone on my attendance list shows up, along with everyone else, i think we will be breaking 50 people at this war. Also, if your are coming please post along with your loaner blaster count and let me know if your coming.

#6 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

Important update: if everyone on my attendance list shows up, along with everyone else, i think we will be breaking 50 people at this war. Also, if your are coming please post along with your loaner blaster count and let me know if your coming.

Look, Sorrow... if you're gonna invite people... it's YOUR responsibility to hand out loaners...not the rest of the community, that's the whole point of running your own group, and you are after all... the HOST of the war. just a heads up. Not that I won't be bringing my usual ark...but seriously... I'm not a big fan of a Shit-ton of new people and loaning out my stuff to them... because when it's not theirs, or someone they know... people tend to be more careless... and that's how I wind up with a box full of broken guns.

Edited by baghead, 12 March 2009 - 09:19 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#7 only1darttokillyou

only1darttokillyou

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

Adamant will be there with his ...ADAMSMASHER.. 4B.His father has 10 other guns, :D but hes bringing 4 other people!

#8 SorrowX

SorrowX

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:36 PM

Look, Sorrow... if you're gonna invite people... it's YOUR responsibility to hand out loaners...not the rest of the community, that's the whole point of running your own group, and you are after all... the HOST of the war. just a heads up. Not that I won't be bringing my usual ark...but seriously... I'm not a big fan of a Shit-ton of new people and loaning out my stuff to them... because when it's not theirs, or someone they know... people tend to be more careless... and that's how I wind up with a box full of broken guns.

I know, I thought I'd be able to round up enough money to buy a bunch of nitefinders, but I was horribly wrong. I understand you not wanting to loan out guns to new nerfers, so its fine. At this point in time, I've cut the attendance list, bring my guest count from 27 down to 15-17 people, leaving me short 3-5 guns. Other than that, some of these people have nerfed before,/ know how to handle a nerf gun held together by nothing but hot glue and rubber bands.

#9 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:49 AM

I know, I thought I'd be able to round up enough money to buy a bunch of nitefinders, but I was horribly wrong. I understand you not wanting to loan out guns to new nerfers, so its fine. At this point in time, I've cut the attendance list, bring my guest count from 27 down to 15-17 people, leaving me short 3-5 guns. Other than that, some of these people have nerfed before,/ know how to handle a nerf gun held together by nothing but hot glue and rubber bands.

it's more of a warning to not bite off more newbs than you can chew than it was me saying i'm not bringing my loaners. I'll have my stuff which I bring explicitly for New nerfers... but I may just do something specifit to separate just that stuff from the rest of my "personal" blasters.

also as of right now I'm gonna go out and just say it.. I don't like the idea of armor being allowed (that isn't a Manta that is). but that's just me, it's not my war so it isn't my call, but if it gets out of hand I can and will complain about it no matter how little good it does. also my attendance is still very likely... but I'm unsure if I can be there for the whole day.

-bags

Edited by baghead, 13 March 2009 - 11:58 AM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#10 SorrowX

SorrowX

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:55 PM

The armor is required to be removable, that way it can only be used for the infection rounds. If there wasn't any armor in the infection rounds, it would go by so fast it wouldn't be fun. your welcome to complain all you want, but you probably won't need to during the normal rounds

#11 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:29 PM

Little late here, but I'll be going with 2 people.

#12 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

I'll most likely be going as well, and some of my group, but I have some of the same complaints as Bags. I really don't want a bunch of people using all my blasters, especially the ones that I have a fond attachment too(almost all of them but the N-Strike line). So don't expect me to bring much more than what I need for my group.

Also, as far as darts go, are you going to be making enough for 50 people? Because I'm not a fan of everyone ruining my white foam by trying to shove it in a smaller barrel. Eliminators are fine and everything, but people using 1/2 barrels were trying to use our mega darts at the last war. Not cool.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#13 SorrowX

SorrowX

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

Hopefully. I have a shoebox full of stefans, and a beach bucket full of stock darts, so I'm not sure. I've cut down the attendance list a bit, but it still might be a pretty big number.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users