Homemade Drop-leg Holster

Duct Tape + Cardboard + Cut Up Backpack = Win

11 replies to this topic

#1 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:39 PM

Alright, so here's my homemade holster for the pistol splat. Due to the pistol splat's size, and the fact that I'm a cheap-ass, I needed to make my own holster. I fiddled around with the holster until I decided I would need a drop leg one. Here she blows...

Posted Image
Frame is made out of card board, and its all duct taped together, on the inside and out. It is held onto my belt via a strap with a clip, so it is easily detachable. The loops that goes onto my leg is one of the shoulder straps from the backpack that I cut up to make this. This whole thing was real easy to make, and consists entirely of cardboard, duct tape, stuff from a back pack, and a bit of zap a gap to glue some of the straps together. I don't think a full write up is necessary, it should be easy enough to replicate. Just first cut out 2 pieces of cardboard that are the general shape of the gun. Then put the gun between them and use smaller pieces of cardboard and duct tape to space the two cut-outs. Just make sure its a snug fit on the gun. You don't want your side-arm falling out when your running.

Here it is on me. Pictured from the front.
Posted Image

Here's more of a side shot.
Posted Image

Here's what I see when I look down.
Posted Image

And finally, here's a pic of what it clips into attached to a belt.
Posted Image

I hope you all like it. I'm very pleased with it, its very functional. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask. I'd also love feedback.

Edited by TantumBull, 08 February 2009 - 12:12 AM.

#2 bigred1rifleman

bigred1rifleman

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:42 AM

Nice job, although I never figured out why people like drop leg more than normal.

~Br1

#3 zombiegaara

zombiegaara

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:00 AM

this might sound retarted, but what gun/blaster is that.

......_________________________
....../______NERF_____________|]
...../___________________/
.....)/____(_(__) /
....//__________/
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

Lock n' load

#4 loni

loni

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:52 PM

No offense but it is retarded, its the Pistol Splat like he said in his post, next time read the post, dont just look at the pictures.

-Loni
"I don't nerf to see who is the best, I nerf to see who is the biggest bitch"

#5 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:18 PM

Nice job, although I never figured out why people like drop leg more than normal.

~Br1

Thanks, I like drop leg more personally because I find it awkward to pull out a pistol from a normal holster.

It's a pistol splat, actually the wipeout version. loni's right, just read next time.

#6 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:10 PM

Bump, just used this puppy out in a war today and it worked great. Don't hesitate to make one!

#7 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:20 PM

Bump, just used this puppy out in a war today and it worked great. Don't hesitate to make one!

People allow pistol splats as pistols? They get almost 80 feet easy.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#8 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:54 PM

It was 1 on 1 with a friend. And they better allow them, its what I'm gonna be using. SF's are considered pistols and they can hit the century mark.

#9 mulletman243

mulletman243

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:41 AM

I like it!
You should cover it in stickers! :D
I might make 1 because my backpack broke last year.
Will it fit a SF?

Thanks

-mulletman243
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Whoopty doo, I'm off to dance in the streets, and praise the word of overpriced chinese disk shots.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

PSN: mulletman243 Gamertag: xXMLGxMuLlEtXx

#10 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:14 PM

I like it!
You should cover it in stickers! ^_^
I might make 1 because my backpack broke last year.
Will it fit a SF?

Thanks

-mulletman243

Yeah, it will. I'll actually be making one for my friend's SF at some point in the future. You will just have to have different general cutouts. Also, when you connect the half's with cardboard and duct tape, make sure they're pretty tight around the gun, so it won't fall out.

Yeah, broken backpacks have endless possibilities when making accessories for nerf or airsoft.

#11 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:41 PM

It was 1 on 1 with a friend. And they better allow them, its what I'm gonna be using. SF's are considered pistols and they can hit the century mark.

Not for gunslinger. As a back up, you can use anything, but Im pretty sure most places won't allow you to use a pistol splat for gunslinger. In MN we banned them from gunslinger, as they just shoot to dang far.

How did you make it exactly? Like is it just cardboard taped together or is it more complex?
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#12 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:30 PM

Guess, I'll just use my good ol' NF for gunslinger. Basically what you do is make 2 general cutouts from cardboard, that are the shape of the gun. Then find the thinnest edge of the gun, in this case the trigger guard, and either just tape the halves together there, or tape a little slice of cardboard in between. This will serve as one of the pressure points to keep the gun in. Then go to the side opposite from the side you just taped (for the PS, the lever) and tape a strip of cardboard between the two half's, the strip being small enough that the halves grip the gun. Then proceed to use tape and card board to cover up the rest of the gaps. As for the straps, put one buckle on top as shown, then tape the shoulder strap, which should be taped and glued to itself to form a loop, below the buckle. Its all actually pretty simple and doesn't take too long. An excellent use of a broken backpack (or in my case an old ratty one I found stuffed in storage under the stairs).

But, yeah, essentially cardboard taped together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users