NerfHaven: Easier To Make Doomsayer Turret - NerfHaven

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Easier To Make Doomsayer Turret Save a lot of time!

#1 User is offline   slowguitarman 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,113
  • Joined: 10-December 07
  • Location:Denver, WV

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:11 PM

So, I made my first Doomsayer at Christmas, and I recently had a kinda big problem. One of the barrels somehow scooted forward, and the etape curled under it, so I had to cut that out to be able to load the barrel, but because of all the goop and stuff, I couldn't get the barrel to move back without horribly damaging it. Since everything was gooped together, I destroyed most of the turret to get it apart, so I had to make a new one. This writeup gives a much easier way to put the tape on each barrel.

Instead of putting the tape around the bottom first, put the tape on the top first. The tape will go on about 7.2cm from the bottom of the barrel to the bottom of the tape, as so:
Posted Image

Next you need to put that barrel through the old barrel, and push it in as far as you can without too much effort:
Posted Image

Next, you wrap tape around the part of the barrel that is sticking out of the bottom of the turret. This tape can be right next to the edge of the barrel, but because of what happened last time, I moved it up about 1/8":
Posted Image

After that, just push the barrel back up to where the top tape is slightly sticking out of the top of the original barrel and repeat 11 times. This is much easier because forsaken originally put the bottom tape on before the top. That meant that you had to wrap tape through the barrels, which was quite time-consuming, especially for the final barrel. Here is also a pic of what is going in the middle of my Domsayer turret, and there are more pics and more info in my Domsayer thread, which I will update shortly.

Posted Image
QUOTE
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#2 User is offline   Echnalaid 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 981
  • Joined: 06-August 08
  • Location:East Brunswick, NJ

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:31 PM

Will you be selling those spacers?
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#3 User is offline   slowguitarman 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,113
  • Joined: 10-December 07
  • Location:Denver, WV

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:42 PM

View PostEchnalaid, on Feb 4 2009, 04:31 PM, said:

Will you be selling those spacers?


Yeah, if anyone wants one, I'd be willing to sell them one, but they aren't perfect, just so you know.
QUOTE
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#4 User is offline   Banshee 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 664
  • Joined: 22-July 07
  • Location:Chandler, Arizona
  • Country:NULL (No answer)
  • State:NULL (No Answer)

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

You should do a clip mod like the one for the RF20 for the ERTL gun. I'm pretty sure no one has yet.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#5 User is offline   ElementOfNguyen 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15
  • Joined: 12-September 08
  • Location:Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:18 PM

View PostBanshee, on Feb 4 2009, 03:04 PM, said:

You should do a clip mod like the one for the RF20 for the ERTL gun. I'm pretty sure no one has yet.

Wouldn't that ruin the point of rear loading?

#6 User is offline   Glint 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 315
  • Joined: 01-December 08
  • Location:London, Ontario

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:24 PM

So you didn't use any adhesive to make sure the barrel(s) stayed in place?
QUOTE

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#7 User is offline   slowguitarman 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,113
  • Joined: 10-December 07
  • Location:Denver, WV

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

View PostBanshee, on Feb 4 2009, 05:04 PM, said:

You should do a clip mod like the one for the RF20 for the ERTL gun. I'm pretty sure no one has yet.


View PostElementOfNguyen., on Feb 4 2009, 05:18 PM, said:

View PostBanshee, on Feb 4 2009, 03:04 PM, said:

You should do a clip mod like the one for the RF20 for the ERTL gun. I'm pretty sure no one has yet.

Wouldn't that ruin the point of rear loading?


Yes, it would ruin the point of rear loading. Plus, why would anyone want to carry around a bunch of extra turrets? They're huge.

View PostGlint, on Feb 4 2009, 05:24 PM, said:

So you didn't use any adhesive to make sure the barrel(s) stayed in place?

On this turret, no, but the way they're in there, I don't think they'll move. If it seems to be a problem, I'll just put some goop on them. I hope I don't have to do that though because it is almost impossible to take apart once it's together.
QUOTE
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#8 User is offline   diamondbacknf1626 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 835
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Location:Westchester County, NY

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

Excellent concept for applying the electrical tape so that you don't have to interfear with the other barrels. However, I found another method which still uses Angel's concept. After you put the tape around the bottom of the barrel and slide it up in the turret, place the edge of the electrical tape on the PETG, and all you have to then do is rotate the barrel, and the tape will spin around it and wrap it up. Then you can continue with the rest of the process. I do like this method though, and I'm definiely trying it out. It seems much easier than the original.

This post has been edited by diamondbacknf1626: 04 February 2009 - 03:23 PM


#9 User is offline   slowguitarman 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,113
  • Joined: 10-December 07
  • Location:Denver, WV

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:31 PM

View Postdiamondbacknf1626, on Feb 4 2009, 06:22 PM, said:

Excellent concept for applying the electrical tape so that you don't have to interfear with the other barrels. However, I found another method which still uses Angel's concept. After you put the tape around the bottom of the barrel and slide it up in the turret, place the edge of the electrical tape on the PETG, and all you have to then do is rotate the barrel, and the tape will spin around it and wrap it up. Then you can continue with the rest of the process. I do like this method though, and I'm definiely trying it out. It seems much easier than the original.


I tried doing that on my original turret, but it was kinda hard to do since the barrel had to be pulled up as far as possible, making it hard to rotate and get the tape in the right spot. This method eliminates all of those problems, and the last barrel is just as easy as the first.
QUOTE
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#10 User is offline   diamondbacknf1626 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 835
  • Joined: 16-November 08
  • Location:Westchester County, NY

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:50 PM

View Postslowguitarman, on Feb 4 2009, 06:31 PM, said:


I tried doing that on my original turret, but it was kinda hard to do since the barrel had to be pulled up as far as possible, making it hard to rotate and get the tape in the right spot. This method eliminates all of those problems, and the last barrel is just as easy as the first.


Yeah, that's the one problem with the method I'm using. I'm defitely trying yours. Do you think it will still be air tight without gluing the barrels in? Plus, I'm halfway through, so I may undo those.

#11 User is offline   slowguitarman 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,113
  • Joined: 10-December 07
  • Location:Denver, WV

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:25 PM

View Postdiamondbacknf1626, on Feb 4 2009, 06:50 PM, said:

View Postslowguitarman, on Feb 4 2009, 06:31 PM, said:


I tried doing that on my original turret, but it was kinda hard to do since the barrel had to be pulled up as far as possible, making it hard to rotate and get the tape in the right spot. This method eliminates all of those problems, and the last barrel is just as easy as the first.


Yeah, that's the one problem with the method I'm using. I'm defitely trying yours. Do you think it will still be air tight without gluing the barrels in? Plus, I'm halfway through, so I may undo those.


First, if you have anymore questions, pm me, so it doesn't get too much back and forth between us. Anyway, I'm not sure, but it seems to be firing nicely inside my apartment, so I am going to guess that it's pretty good.
QUOTE
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#12 User is offline   Drew is nerfing 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 77
  • Joined: 07-September 08

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

I have a question. It seems EVERYONE is doing doomsayer mods with PETG. I know that one guy did it with cpvc...so, my question is, will cpvc work/work as well as PETG? what is the difference? because I have about 10 feet of cpvc at my house, and my friend has a stock ertl rapid fire shotgun, so I might just buy/trade it off of him and try a doomsayer mod, and I really don't want to buy a ton of PETG when I already have all that cpvc...

#13 User is offline   Just Some Bob 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,991
  • Joined: 15-July 08
  • Location:San Jose, California 95124
  • Country:United States
  • State:California

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:53 PM

View PostDrew is nerfing, on Feb 5 2009, 05:52 PM, said:

I have a question. It seems EVERYONE is doing doomsayer mods with PETG. I know that one guy did it with cpvc...so, my question is, will cpvc work/work as well as PETG? what is the difference? because I have about 10 feet of cpvc at my house, and my friend has a stock ertl rapid fire shotgun, so I might just buy/trade it off of him and try a doomsayer mod, and I really don't want to buy a ton of PETG when I already have all that cpvc...



That's not the question.

The question is - what do your darts fit?
The internet is a collaborative work of performance art.
Take anything personally at your own risk.

[09:19] Talio: I'm trying to help them and they kick me for a rule that wasn't even clearly stated?
[09:19] Talio: That's some serious BS

#14 User is offline   The Nerf Devil 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 92
  • Joined: 08-September 08
  • Location:Almonte,Ontario

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:54 PM

slowguitarman is there any chance of templates for the barrel spacers?

This post has been edited by The_Nerf_Devil: 05 February 2009 - 05:54 PM

It's funny looking through things you said years ago, you realize how much of an ass you came off as sometimes.

#15 User is offline   slowguitarman 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,113
  • Joined: 10-December 07
  • Location:Denver, WV

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

View PostDrew is nerfing, on Feb 5 2009, 08:52 PM, said:

I have a question. It seems EVERYONE is doing doomsayer mods with PETG. I know that one guy did it with cpvc...so, my question is, will cpvc work/work as well as PETG? what is the difference? because I have about 10 feet of cpvc at my house, and my friend has a stock ertl rapid fire shotgun, so I might just buy/trade it off of him and try a doomsayer mod, and I really don't want to buy a ton of PETG when I already have all that cpvc...


As Bob said, it depends on what your darts will fit. If you have to use cpvc, then use it for your darts, but I can see this mod being considerably harder if you use cpvc because it is so much thicker than petg. Also, petg is $11 for enough to do the turret, which is worth it, in my opinion.


View PostThe_Nerf_Devil, on Feb 5 2009, 08:54 PM, said:

slowguitarman is there any chance of templates for the barrel spacers?


Possibly, but it would be just as easy for you to just make one. The spacer I made was done really quickly, and I may or may not make a new one. This one was basically eye-balled for cutting and drilling, and while it is pretty darn good for the tiny amount of effort, it is not perfect by any means, so if I made a template from it, it would be off.
QUOTE
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users