Photo

Information Needed For Special Project

39 replies to this topic

Poll: Information Needed For Special Project (171 member(s) have cast votes)

What weights do you use for your stefans/CDTS?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:03 PM

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS POLL HAS ALSO BEEN POSTED AT NHQ AND FU. IF YOU VOTED AT ONE OF THOSE SITES, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM VOTING HERE SO AS TO NOT SKEW THE RESULTS OF THE POLL. I WILL BE TABULATING THE RESULTS FROM ALL THREE FORUMS.

I am in need of some information as to what types of weights you all use. This information will be used for a special project that, if it works, will be unveiled at Apocalypse this year and tested on a large scale for the first time. For those that won't be attending Apoc, I will post the project the day after the war. If it is successful, it will be of great benefit to everyone in the NIC and the product of the project will save everyone a lot of money as well as time. All will be revealed once August arrives, unless I decide to release it earlier, but with my busy life and work schedule, August may be the best I can do. So I ask of you all to please vote and post if need be. Do not ask me for hints as I will not give any. I prefer to keep this completely under wraps so if it doesn't work this time, I can try again and not get everyone's hopes dashed.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#2 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

I use 1 Plastic BB for low velocity guns like the Nite-Finder, 2 Steel BB's for higher velocity guns like the BBB and 1 washer for things like singled Titans.

#3 Ner Commando

Ner Commando

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:07 PM

I use the little green pegs from k'nex. I know they aren't very good, but it is the only thing I have for now. Don't even bother of using them.

#4 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:11 PM

Can't wait to see what you come up with badger!
-iMod
A computer once beat me at chess, but after that it was no match for me at kick boxing.

#5 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:15 PM

I'm thinking something along the lines of.. you managed to capture Black sunshine and forced him to make stefans non stop, while being fed intravenously, and you need to know what kind of dart weights to make him use...

Oh, and I sincerely hope that we see you nerfing long before Apoc. Haven't heard much from ya lately.

Edited by Splitlip, 12 January 2009 - 08:28 PM.

Teehee.

#6 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

Copperhead BB's, same as swiftnerfing

#7 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

A copy machine!!!

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#8 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

A copy machine!!!

What. I use 1/4th steel.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#9 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

What does a chronograph or the Hot Wheels Radar Gun have to do with this Bob?
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#10 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:23 PM

I'm using what Mike's using.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#11 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:24 PM

I think that is the device that measures speed for baseball, for the pitchers who wish to determine how fast they can through. So he is probably using to see which dart fly the fastest I guess. Just trying to help out here. Sorry for the second post in this thread by the way.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#12 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:28 PM

Brace yourself.
Bits of plastic toy french fries. -_-
I've destroyed all my stefans by shooting them at my walls.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#13 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

I think that is the device that measures speed for baseball, for the pitchers who wish to determine how fast they can through. So he is probably using to see which dart fly the fastest I guess. Just trying to help out here. Sorry for the second post in this thread by the way.

Dude, I know what a chronograph is. I was moreso asking why he posted about it in this thread.

Maybe he was guessing what my project is, but no hints wil be given. One person knows and he isn't talking.
As Carbon once said,

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#14 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:56 PM

God damn the suspense is killing me! Serenity now! (+1 to however gets the reference)

#15 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:09 PM

I use BBs/washers depending on the gun when I make them.

Edited by Coop, 12 January 2009 - 11:31 PM.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#16 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

I use a single BB for weaker stuff, and I'm gonna go buy some washers...

Edited by umpshaplapa, 13 January 2009 - 08:01 AM.

QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#17 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:31 PM

No speculation please. Just keep to the topic.

And no one else was speculating Coop. Check your PMs.
As Carbon once said,

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#18 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:32 PM

God damn the suspense is killing me! Serenity now! (+1 to however gets the reference)

You were watching Seinfeld too, huh?(+1 for me!) :) I like, oddly, for hi-power guns(such as HellFire, [not related to a WildFire] all will be revealed at 'Geddon), #8-32 hex nuts. For my LS, which will be there also, I use 3/0 fishin' weights, and for shittastic guns(Recon and lower), 3 Copperhead BB's. And as for Badger's little project, is it a shotgun dart?
American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

#19 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:55 PM

I use 1/4" steel slingshot ammo. Occasionally I will use 3/0 sinkers. Anything lighter weight than that is completely unusable for me in my primaries. For pistols I use copper BB's.

edit: I've tried washers, but they don't seem to work well in tighter barrels (like CPVC) with smaller diameter foam.

Edited by imaseoulman, 12 January 2009 - 11:57 PM.

#20 Redmark

Redmark

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:03 AM

I use two twelve gram airsoft bb's in my CDTD's

Edited by Redmark, 13 January 2009 - 12:07 AM.

Non-Expanding Recreational Foam

#21 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:24 AM

I use two twelve gram airsoft bb's in my CDTD's

You're most likely using .12g BBs, not 12g BBs. A bit of a difference there. Even a highly upgraded loser rifle wouldn't use over a .40g BB.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#22 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:44 AM

I've used copper bb's but I prefer 1/4" steel slingshot ammo. Lately I have been using mass produced washer stefans. They are alot more fragile, but they are easier to make for beginners such as my friends.

Skitzo-

Edited by Skitzo, 13 January 2009 - 12:46 AM.

If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#23 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:47 AM

Believe it or not but I just use hot glue :/ what I do is squirt a crater worth of it in the blank. Next I dip it in water so I get a flat glue head stefan... Now when it dries it'll be hardened and I add a dome of hot glue and to get the perfect dome I quick freeze it by dipping it in cold water and it's suprisingly harder then air dried hotglue! and I posted this somewhat write up as a reason or answer if any of you ask ( hot glue as wieghts!? How does that work!?) and stuff.
SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

Subscribe to my Music page and mods >> http://www.youtube.com/user/OnyxMP312

#24 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

I use washers all the way; the difference in consistency between traditional stefans and Slug darts is enormous. If I were to go with another variety, it would be slingshot weights; I'm opposed to lead usage.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#25 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:22 AM

3/0 fishing weights from Walmart to be specific.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users