• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Nerf Tank I will be buildin a Plywood tank for Nerf wars

#1 User is offline   re link 

• Group: Members

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:53 AM

This thing will be awesome... 10' long by 5' wide by 6' tall w/ turret or 3' tall w/out turret
4 hatches and 1 turret
Side View:

..........s..___
..........s..|_.|
.._______|___|_______
./............................\
<.............................>
.\___________________/
DESTROYER OF ALL WORLDS
PROTECTOR OF ONE

Never going to happen

.._G__T
./__\_[]
O......O

#2 User is offline   Captain 

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:01 PM

Seriously? A nerf tank?

How is it going to be propelled? Who's going to allow it at a war? Why is it even necessary?
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#3 User is offline   Vistagecko 

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:16 PM

Why thats just nifty. It really wouldn't be hard to build. Although I see no purpose for it, it would be cool just to put in a field as a sort of an obstacle/wall/ctf base.

If this actually develops you have to paint a giant Nerf logo on the side.

Is it meant to just sit there, or do you actually think your going to build a working, moving, Nerf dart shooting turreted tank?
QUOTE(The Kart Racing Nerf Man @ May 6 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#4 User is offline   Just Some Bob 

• State:California

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:24 PM

View PostVistagecko, on Nov 12 2008, 12:16 PM, said:

If this actually develops you have to paint a giant Nerf logo on the side.

Wow. That suggestion is actually a good idea:
Something to help the onlookers at a public park understand what they're seeing.

Possibly the organizers of a couple of the larger wars could even talk Hasbro into giving out a small number of promotional banners.
They could also say "Dart Tag" which would help outsiders understand, even if it's not actually relevant to the rules in play. For the benefit of complete outsiders, every game at any Nerf war might as well be called "dart tag."
The internet is a collaborative work of performance art.
Take anything personally at your own risk.

[09:19] Talio: I'm trying to help them and they kick me for a rule that wasn't even clearly stated?
[09:19] Talio: That's some serious BS

#5 User is offline   shadowkid33 

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:34 PM

I personally hate flaming people and blatant critisism of an idea without any usedul advice, but I'm gonna have to change my standards in this situation.

THIS THREAD IS AN Effeminate PHAIL
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#6 User is offline   bobafan 

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:56 PM

You can use it if i can bring my francesca axe. But seriously, go to a nerf war. You will see that tanks would not things more fun for anybody. If you watch several of the nerf war videos from the NIC, you will see that dodging and being maneuverable are important.

If you had searched, you would have discovered the opinion of tanks in nerf without getting flamed.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#7 User is offline   analogkid 

• State:New York

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:59 PM

Please. If I saw this, the first thing I would do is run full force at it, break it/knock it over, and blast whoever was inside. Fuck 3-15, whether I got shot or not, I would be so offended by this, I would be unable to control my urge to destroy it. In conclusion, I concur with shadowkid33.

#8 User is offline   Draconis 

• State:Oregon

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:16 PM

View Postanalogkid, on Nov 12 2008, 12:59 PM, said:

Please. If I saw this, the first thing I would do is run full force at it, break it/knock it over, and blast whoever was inside. Fuck 3-15, whether I got shot or not, I would be so offended by this, I would be unable to control my urge to destroy it. In conclusion, I concur with shadowkid33.

Overreact much? Yeah, it's silly. But that wouldn't give you the right to destroy it, no matter how much you were "offended".
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#9 User is offline   analogkid 

• State:New York

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:22 PM

Haha, yeah a little, but still. What am I supposed to do with that? I can't rush at it. I can't stand back and pick them off from a distance. I can't wait for it to move out in the open. The only other way to defeat it that I can see is destruction. Its invincible otherwise.

#10 User is offline   Rogue Warrior 

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:34 PM

I would just put a plywood frame on a tricycle. Not too overly complicated.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#11 User is offline   Shadowblade 

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:50 PM

Two words: golf. cart.

You could probably used this for a scenario match and use titans/LBB/BBBBs as anti-tank weapons, but I'm not a big fan of objective-based matches. Other than that, I so no practicality in a nerf tank, but by all means, don't let us stop you. Build it and rain foamy death upon whoever you see fit :lol: . That should be the objective of every nerfer. Nerf on.
Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#12 User is offline   Wes7143 

• State:Maine

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:59 PM

If it were made of cardboard, high powered nerf weaponry would just cluster fuck it. It would make it's passengers less mobile, and they would have less of a field of view. Bunker buster grenades thrown inside, or those lanard grenades would also screw anyone inside.

Nerf wars are not supposed to resemble real wars. They are more about sprinting, dodging, aiming, and reloading. NOT sneaking, snlping, hiding, or being protected by some sort of tank. Seriously, go to a nerf war, and see what would be useful and what would not.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#13 User is offline   cheesypiza001 

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:17 PM

You could use a life-size half golf-cart half toy car ( Link ). Maybe if you took the roof off of the toy jeep and added vulcans to the back seats (one on each side), then the passenger would have say a Longshot, and the driver had a pistol.sticking out the side and carrying massive amounts of ammo. The toy vehicle could be spray painted camo with a large nerf logo on the the side along with a dart tag logo too. The titan rocket could be the "anti-tank weapon." Each team would have one designated "tank driver."

It looks quite similar to this military jeep Link

This would also make the game more practical and fair due to the toy vehicles greatly low speed. It would increase the fun even more in my opinion if everyone has some walkie-talkie or some means of communication. The teams would have to obviously be on different channels as to not give away the enemy positions. Maybe this could become a new game type if other people like the idea.

This is a funny idea, but i think it is defiantly worth a try. If anyone has a toy vehicle and would like to experiment , please try it out at a war with your friends, and tell us if it works, and if it has any real Nerf war potential.

-Cheesypiza001

This post has been edited by cheesypiza001: 12 November 2008 - 04:14 PM

#14 User is offline   TheNerfLoki 

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:26 PM

View Postshadowkid33, on Nov 12 2008, 03:34 PM, said:

THIS THREAD IS AN Effeminate PHAIL

Well... so is your spelling.
On topic: This would HAVE to be florescent or some onlooker would freak out. Although you could make it out of a go-cart and have a titan on top and a vulcan underneath like a real tank.
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#15 User is offline   Salmon 

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:31 PM

Heh. Today at school I saw a golf cart, and was imagining how fun it would be to drive around at a nerf war firing a RF20 with your other hand. Or even better, to "hijack" a golf cart. The only way it would be fun is if it was with a golf cart, since otherwise it would be impossible to hit the driver.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users