Photo

Accessory: Sidearm Holster

5 replies to this topic

#1 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:09 PM

For my first post, I would like to show you guys my sidearm holster. I usually strap my Nite Finder into it.

Posted Image

Originally, it was an airsoft gun holster. To convert it to a Nerf holster, I first cut the loop of fabric in which you would have inserted an airsoft gun into. I then simply took the rail system from the Crossfire and glued it to the holster.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is my Longshot carbine hooked into the holster. Unfortunately, It cannot have the priming handle on it when it is in the holster.

Posted Image

Questions? Comments? Flames?

#2 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:29 PM

Looks pretty cool, but how sturdy is it? It looks like with a bit of jostling around, it would fall out.
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#3 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:37 PM

Looks pretty cool, but how sturdy is it? It looks like with a bit of jostling around, it would fall out.

With the Nite Finder in it, I can run and jump around a lot and it wont fall out. However, The holster wasn't actually intended for use with the Longshot carbine, and cannot really carry the gun without it falling off while running.

#4 fly rev-8

fly rev-8

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:55 AM

Ok first I'd like to say that your a little late for the concept.
http://nerfhaven.com...=ST&f=2&t=13125
Next I'd like to say that you did a pretty good job fixing my concept into something a bit more useful then what I had. Other than the fact that that is mostly my idea, you did a great job with it.

#5 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:50 AM

Next I'd like to say that you did a pretty good job fixing my concept into something a bit more useful then what I had. Other than the fact that that is mostly my idea, you did a great job with it.

I am very sorry for not realizing that you had already posted a very similar mod. I think I deserve at least a little credit for it because they are a little different. I think it is good to have two types of holsters that use that design. Yours being smaller, easier to use, and easier to set up for use, and mine being more comfortable, and more durable, I think they both work really well and are both great choices.

- Cheesypiza001

#6 Direct Threat

Direct Threat

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:34 PM

World history would like to have a word with you. The holster is hardly "your" idea, not to mention that what you did, and what he did are almost completely different ideas altogether. You sound like a tool, don't steamroll him for trying to come up with something he deems useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users