Photo

Fbr Directory

72 replies to this topic

#51 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:24 PM

Hey guys I found this a while ago. I bought some just to check it out. It really dense and fits PETG PERFECT, and the weird thing is, it is just like Blacksunshine's foam.

It's fucking TRIANGULAR.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#52 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:26 PM

Hey guys I found this a while ago. I bought some just to check it out. It really dense and fits PETG PERFECT, and the weird thing is, it is just like Blacksunshine's foam.

It's fucking TRIANGULAR.

FUCK!

Wrong link. Let me fix that.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#53 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:35 PM

Soo... From triangular foam to foam that only sells 1.25 and .75 foam for a buck a foot?

Posted Image

(Sorry, bad pic. click the link.)

Edited by 1337, 17 April 2009 - 10:37 PM.

Join the REVOLUTION!

#54 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:17 PM

What makes you so sure that it will not straighten? Its natural form is still most likely straight even though it has been curved. When they say 'heat resistant' I believe they mean 'resistant' to deformation through prolonged heat exposure; most likely outside. Heated foam tends to expand and thus straighten the foam back to its natural shape (which is straight) Heat resistant probably doesn't mean resistant to expansion because the foam expanding would only provide a better seal in the concrete cracks that it is meant to fill. AND even if it is resistant to straightening by heat, you could always do it the old-fashioned way and set the cut pieces out to lie somewhere and have them naturally straighten by themselves over time. I doubt this foam will be extremely resistant to straightening as you say.

P.S. If there are flaws in my reasoning then please correct me. I am fairly new here and am willing to change my opinion with significant evidence. All I am trying to say is that you shouldn't lose faith in this foam. For all we know this could be (hopefully) really good stuff! :D

First off, click this link to understand the definition of heat-resistant, specifically sense 3.

As for the manufacturing of the FBR, it's natural state is not linear as, in order for this to be true, they would need a really long building to stretch out 1/4 mile of foam before they spool it as well as a mobile extrusion machine to lay the foam out across that 1/4 mile area. It is heat-resistant for the purposes of resisting the heat from certain bonding and filling chemicals used to make a joint in concrete, asphalt and cement,as well as resistant to the elemental heat. The heat-resistant properties are actually there to prevent it from expanding. The last thing you want the FBR to do is expand while you are pouring a heated thermoplastic filler onto it. When you use FBR for its intended functional use, you use a size that would fit snugly. It doesn't expand to fit the crevice. If the joint you are trying to fill is 1/2", you would use 5/8" FBR, pushing it into the crevice carefully to prevent damaging it, and then you would apply the appropriate sealant.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#55 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:21 PM

badger, I think they are referring to deformation and falling apart, not getting a little bit more rigid in contact with heat. I'm fairly certain all coiled, closed cell foam will expand a bit in contact with heat (causing it to straighten for our purposes).

But then again, I suppose you could argue slight expansion is a form of deformation. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm currently going back and forth with the manufacturer in emails, and hopefully I'll be able to get a sample.

I also never said FA used cera rod, I just stated that maybe my red foam (mod man) is cera rod because of how it is relatively resistant to heat, as in sticking it right up to a hair dryer on high won't melt it, as other foams I've dealt with have.

Edit In response to your above post: Okay, you may be right. I just think it may be the same as mod man's because he tipped me off that his foam and FA's and wldworld's all were intended for the concrete industry. That's partially how I stumbled over this. As I said, we're just going to have to wait and see.

Edited by TantumBull, 17 April 2009 - 11:24 PM.

#56 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:41 PM

Nice guide Tantum.

I'm wondering though if you have Mile High Black foam on this list.

Do you have it under a seperate name?

But I think that I'll go with LogHome White foam. I know that's probably the wrong name, because I'm half asleep... but whatever.

EDIT - I think that that MileHigh foam might have been your Best Materials foam.

How's the fit in Sch80 PVC for Best Materials? That stuff looks dirt cheap.

But does anyone know the shipping on this?

And I did search around for 15 minutes trying to find a shipping quote or a dart fitting test.

Edited by ilzot, 18 April 2009 - 10:47 PM.

QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#57 RVMVTVProductions

RVMVTVProductions

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:36 AM

And I did search around for 15 minutes trying to find a shipping quote or a dart fitting test.

Search harder. Dart fit- HeretiCorp Darts, made with Mile High Black Foam

Shipping- Click that link I gave you, or go to the Best Materials Website and do a few steps in purchasing until you find it.
SCUN's South County Representative

#58 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:49 AM

Search harder. Dart fit- HeretiCorp Darts, made with Mile High Black Foam

Shipping- Click that link I gave you, or go to the Best Materials Website and do a few steps in purchasing until you find it.

Read furthur into my post. I asked if Mile High Black was the same as Best Materials foam.

I assumed it was because Hereticorp said to check Best Materials for MHB foam, but I didn't want to buy 800ft of this stuff and spend $40 to find out that it fits none of my guns.

But thanks for the link.

Edited by ilzot, 19 April 2009 - 08:55 AM.

QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#59 Alkorion

Alkorion

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:42 AM

Cera-Rod is obviously not the same as the red FBR that FA_24 had in the past and it certainly isn't like any other FBR. Considering the fact that it is heat-resistant, what are the chances that your laundry or blow dryer will be able to straighten out the curvature caused by it being shipped in a coil when both dryers use HEAT? This foam will resist being straightened.

Hey, I actually might have found some useful information about this stuff. I think its possible that it actually IS the same foam that FA_24 used to have because, while i was relentlessly searching for "cera-rod" on google, I stumbled across this. If you read through the beginning of the thread up until Angel's posts, here and here, and then compare the pictures from his old sale thread pictures, it seems highly possible that its actually the same stuff. In case you are wondering, there are alot of place that sell this stuff, if you just look up "red cera-rod" on google. Of course, seemingly all of them come in the 2500 ft. increments, but at least, if it IS the same stuff as FA_24's, then we know its good foam. Here's some places I found that you can order 2500 ft of 1/2 inch red foam:

Pool & Warehouse

APPI Pool & Spa

This here is kinda like a Red Cera-Rod information site (w/ picture)

And this is a PDF from the main manufacturer (W.R. Meadows) that makes this stuff

Note that all the sites that claim to sell the red stuff have their main manufacturer as W.R. Meadows

Edited by Alkorion, 19 April 2009 - 10:44 AM.

/ /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\ \
|"Say hello, to my little Brute!"|
\ \~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/ /

#60 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

Here's another. it's from the same web site as yours, but I think it's just the MSDS of the stuff
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#61 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:12 PM

Okay, I've just received confirmation from mod man: this is the type of foam that him and angel have used. I think they probably have had different manufacturers, because their foams are a bit different, but it is the same type of foam.

Edit: Is there anyone out there interested in going in on the cera rod supplier I linked? We would need like at least five people.

Edited by TantumBull, 19 April 2009 - 12:57 PM.

#62 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:02 PM

I'll help chip in and buy some, but I can't afford it all. We should set up a group like Tantum said to help finance the 2500ft. role, then split it up among us. I'm in for helping out

#63 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:07 PM

I'll help chip in and buy some, but I can't afford it all. We should set up a group like Tantum said to help finance the 2500ft. role, then split it up among us. I'm in for helping out

Sweet, I may start up a topic at some point here, though we need someone extremely trustworthy handling the transaction and shipping out everyone's amount of foam. 100 some dollars I could see swaying some seemingly trustworthy people. I would do it, except my dad doesn't like me selling things to other members, and he would see something like this as selling. I'll contact draconis, I think he may be interested in something like this.

#64 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

draconis would be perfect, seeing as I consider him a VERY nice guy. Also, he lives close to you (does he?) which would also be a bonus. Remember, the more the people, the less the foam.

#65 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:16 PM

4 hours away, so kind of close I guess. But yeah, I just PM'd him. Let's take this to PM's from here on out.

#66 Alkorion

Alkorion

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:48 PM

Edit: Is there anyone out there interested in going in on the cera rod supplier I linked? We would need like at least five people.

I have been craving some Red Foam for a while now and I would be very willing so chip in some $ for the foam. However, my parents are very cautious and protective of online transactions, ever since BSI ripped us off and sent us gray foam instead of red, and charged extra in shipping. If we get a good amount of members involved in this (like 10 or more) and they are trusted members, i would be very willing to help out with this.

#67 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:37 PM

draconis would be perfect, seeing as I consider him a VERY nice guy.

I need to change my sig line to reflect this... :)

4 hours away, so kind of close I guess.

Chah, if you drive like grandma! I've made it to Mukilteo from here in 3.5 hours. In my old '83 Accord. Got 30MPG, too.

I have been craving some Red Foam for a while now and I would be very willing so chip in some $ for the foam. However, my parents are very cautious and protective of online transactions, ever since BSI ripped us off and sent us gray foam instead of red, and charged extra in shipping. If we get a good amount of members involved in this (like 10 or more) and they are trusted members, i would be very willing to help out with this.

Yeah, I would be willing to take this project on. I like shipping stuff. It makes me happy. :)
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#68 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

I may be depending on the cost.

EDIT: If you notice this pdf says the foam is red. At the bottom the copyright date is 2003.

This pdf (which was linked to in the nhq article in Alkorions post) is copyright 2007, and is beige.

Shit.

Edited by Lt. Stefan, 21 April 2009 - 03:21 PM.

#69 CoasterDynamix757

CoasterDynamix757

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:31 PM

That was probably angels manufacturer. I mean think about it... He had red roam, "ran out of it", and now has beige foam.

THE SECRET HAS BEEN REVEALED!
Is it fear or courage that compels you?

Coaster's Everything Thread.

#70 Alkorion

Alkorion

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:17 PM

EDIT: If you notice this pdf says the foam is red. At the bottom the copyright date is 2003.

This pdf (which was linked to in the nhq article in Alkorions post) is copyright 2007, and is beige.

Shit...

Dang, you may be right. I noticed that too when I was searching around. However, there still may be a shred of hope. Since Mod Man still has to get his red fbr somewhere, it still may be possible that some other place (or even possibly one of the places i suggested) still sells red fbr, even if it is now manufactured in beige. I'm not asking modman to reveal his source of fbr or anything stupid like that, since that would obviously bad business for him. But I AM saying that it still may be possible to get the "good stuff" somewhere else. Man, I sound like a drug-addict...

#71 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:13 AM

Beige wouldn't be so bad. Better than gray or black, but not as high on my list as white, red, yellow, or orange.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#72 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:23 PM

I contacted Pool and Spa Warehouse

Is this product red in color? WRM1/2CERAROD
Could I get a sample?
MailList Permission:

it is red but this item is to big to ship and would be local pick up only
sorry we have no samples of this and none in stock so we would have to order it for you
thanks

#73 Alkorion

Alkorion

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:29 PM

I contacted Pool and Spa Warehouse

Is this product red in color? WRM1/2CERAROD
Could I get a sample?
MailList Permission:

it is red but this item is to big to ship and would be local pick up only
sorry we have no samples of this and none in stock so we would have to order it for you
thanks

Man that's really not good. Since they don't have any in stock, (and possibly haven't for a while) there is still a chance that if they order from manufacturer W.R. Meadows, it could be beige when the shipment comes in, in which case we'd be in a heap of shit. I mean, its not like we can have them order 2500 ft. of foam only to say "Actually, never mind, it's not red. We don't really want it anymore. Sorry, have a nice day!" The only reasonable thing that I can think of, would be this: if they had a warehouse that's REALLY close to someone who is interested, then they could go check out a sample directly from the warehouse. Ideally someone who is 18 or at least can drive. I'll see if I can contact them and get some kind of info of where their main warehouses are.

Man, this just gets more and more complicated by the minute..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users