Eliminator Write-up

They're so cute!!

32 replies to this topic

#1 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:39 PM

I recently got my hands on some of the new eliminators. Except these were N-strike-afied and renamed the "Reflex IX-1"

Posted Image

My hand fucking swallows them:
Posted Image
They are surprisingly comfortable, though.

On to the writeup:

First off - The internals:
Posted Image

The plunger assembly comes apart like this:
Posted Image

At this point you may be thinking "hey! I can just cut it open at that little seam to get the restrictor out!" NO. Just no. If you cut on that seam, the restrictor comes out perfectly, but getting the barrel back together is a pain in the ass.

Posted Image
The AR. Here's the easiest way to get it out without cutting open the barrel:
Step 1: Drill the peg out through the small hole in the back. Use a drill bit that can fit through that hole snuggly.
Step 2: Drill out the rest of the AR with a larger drill bit. You'll probably need to hold the barrel with pliers while you drill.
Step 3. Punch out what's left of the AR out through the back with a long screwdriver.

Next you can hammer in a 1 1/2" piece of 17/32" brass. It fits in perfectly, and you don't even need any glue.
Posted Image

If you want to, you can also add a 3/4" PVC ring to the back:
Posted Image
This makes it cock like an NF rather than a Maverick. It's just a prefference thing. If you want to do this, however, make sure you have the spring on the plunger tube when you do it. There's no getting the spring on or off after you do this.

Also:
Posted Image
Notice where the spring is in this picture. THIS IS WRONG. The spring is not supposed to go all the way to the back of the shell. There is a groove that the spring rests against that is roughly a cm away from the back. You can see where the spring is supposed to be in the first internal pic.

Here's some size comparison with other pistols:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Stock ranges were about 25' flat. After the AR was removed, it got 30' flat with stock darts, and roughly 40' flat with stefans. After the brass was added, it got 40' flat with stock darts, and around 45' with stefans.

Overall these are very good pistols when you consider how fucking small they are.

Any Questions?

Probably dead by now, or something.

#2 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:42 PM

Awww, wook at da wittle gun... I seriusley want one, the look absolutely wonderful,tell me is ther any dead space in the plunger like the recon?

#3 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:46 PM

Awww, wook at da wittle gun... I seriusley want one, the look absolutely wonderful,tell me is ther any dead space in the plunger like the recon?

Yes. There is about 1-2 inches of dead space in the plunger tube.

#4 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:11 PM

Too bad the plunger is like that of a recon. That sucks, because spring replacements are really hard. I can't suggest much except putting some bands on this, which is possible with the piece of PVC on the back. That might boost the ranges up to maybe 50flat, which would make these awesome for indoor wars.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#5 Aimless

Aimless

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:17 PM

Whats with the black ring on the very end of the barrel assembly?

Posted Image

Have you tried velcroing all 6 of them onto a vest or piece of clothing?
It makes the world go round.

#6 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:20 PM

If you would of read the write-up, you would know. Its a ring of PVC he glued on to the end of the plunger.

Edited by nerfer9, 10 October 2008 - 10:22 PM.

#7 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:32 PM

Whats with the black ring on the very end of the barrel assembly?

Posted Image

Have you tried velcroing all 6 of them onto a vest or piece of clothing?

nerfer9, if you would have read his post, he clearly said "black". He was reffering to an odd little rubber washer that is placed in the back of the inside of the plunger tube. I have no clue what it is for, and it's not glued to anything, so sometimes when you pull the barrel out of the plunger tube, the rubber washer sticks to the barrel and comes out with it.

And as to the velcro question: Not yet

#8 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:34 PM

I misread it and thought he said back.

Edit: Nerf took our idea again, the washer is for cushioning the blow to the barrel.

Edited by nerfer9, 10 October 2008 - 10:36 PM.

#9 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:37 PM

He was reffering to an odd little rubber washer that is placed in the back of the inside of the plunger tube. I have no clue what it is for, and it's not glued to anything, so sometimes when you pull the barrel out of the plunger tube, the rubber washer sticks to the barrel and comes out with it.

I think it's a cushion. On my recon, the back of the plunger flew off, and there was a clean hole where the 'plunger disk' flew off. It should reduce the amount of pressure being forced onto the plunger to prevent breakage.
Edit- Nerfer9 just said the gist of my explanation.

Edited by Echnalaid, 10 October 2008 - 10:37 PM.

There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#10 Guest_fadinglight4_*

Guest_fadinglight4_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

Great Modification. This looks really good because of how you said how small they are. So 45 flat isn't that bad. So I am guessing the RoF is like 7 seconds. Nice write up.

#11 Hoceky

Hoceky

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:18 PM

I like it.
meh.

#12 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:04 AM

Nice work. But is really that comfy. I like it.

Edited by Icespartan_1114, 11 October 2008 - 07:05 AM.

QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#13 mind13

mind13

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:14 AM

Those look awesome. Have you ever thought of trying to double some up like the double nitefinder?
Life comes at you fast yet a foam dart comes faster
Mind13

#14 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:37 AM

Looks very effective for Assassin games. It's like a fun-size NF :blush:
Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#15 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:22 AM

Do you want to take some spring measurements for the community?

Edited by boisie, 11 October 2008 - 10:24 AM.

QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#16 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:41 AM

You can do a barrel replacement on these too, with little difficulty. I did it on mine, increased ranges slightly.

#17 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:33 PM

For a small springer with a reverse plunger and no spring replacement 45' is crazy good. I'm glad to see that this thing actually has some use. It'll probably just be an alternative last resort weapon for some people who'd rather have a springer than the SSPB purely for the sake of slightly faster ROF. Great work.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#18 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:42 PM

Those look awesome. Have you ever thought of trying to double some up like the double nitefinder?

I have evil plans for these.

Do you want to take some spring measurements for the community?

3" long uncompressed
1/2" long compressed

1" diameter (OD)
1 mm thick wire

MithMorchaint, read the writeup. I did do a barrel replacement. I inserted 17/32" brass into the original barrel.

#19 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:50 PM

Nice job! Is there any chance for CPVCing/petging them, Or is brass about the only feasible barrel material?
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#20 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:09 PM

Great Modification. This looks really good because of how you said how small they are. So 45 flat isn't that bad. So I am guessing the RoF is like 7 seconds. Nice write up.

More like 3 seconds. 1st second cock the gun, 2nd second load the stefan, 3rd second aim and shoot.

Are you physically or mentally disabled? I'm serious here dude. You make up random numbers out of your ass that are no where near correct that can be measured with a stefan/tagger and any single shot spring pistol (NF/Cross Fire.

NOTE: My ROF is about 2-2.5 seconds. It's all up to the person. Since you are (probably) retarded, I used 3 seconds for my example.

MithMorchaint, read the writeup. I did do a barrel replacement. I inserted 17/32" brass into the original barrel.

Assassin, good write-up. I like your work. Good pictures and all that fun stuff. Also, these seem perfect for the little bother (I mean brother) nerf gun parties. Get a few people together, load them up and have some fun!

Nice job! Is there any chance for CPVCing/petging them, Or is brass about the only feasible barrel material?

You can use PETG or replace the barrel/male plunger with CPVC. Look at OfAllTheNerf's scout write-up.

Edited by Lynx, 11 October 2008 - 03:22 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#21 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:12 PM

Funny you should mention that.
Posted Image

Remember when I said cutting the barrel at the seam was a bad idea? This is what I had to do to fix it.
that's a piece of brass shoved into the back part of what used to be the barrel, with a piece of PETG over that, E-taped and glued into the front part.

Gets the same ranges as the other brassed ones, except it was a huge pain in the ass.

You could easily replace the barrel with CPVC. CPVC fits very nicely into the front piece that holds the stock barrel in place. All you'd have to do is glue a piece of CPVC into the front piece, and then wrap E-tape around the back of it to act as an o-ring.

And thanks for the compliments, Lynx.

#22 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:12 PM

Yes, and I was saying you can also do a barrel replacement, not sticking brass in the original one.

You could easily replace the barrel with CPVC. CPVC fits very nicely into the front piece that holds the stock barrel in place. All you'd have to do is glue a piece of CPVC into the front piece, and then wrap E-tape around the back of it to act as an o-ring.

Yes. That is what I did, works very well.

#23 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

Yes, and I was saying you can also do a barrel replacement, not sticking brass in the original one.

Well, half of the barrel replacement mods ARE sticking a new barrel in the stock air restricter-less barrel.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#24 Red Star

Red Star

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:42 PM

I'm assuming this will work on the actual Eliminator?
Also,How is the cocking handle connected to the plunger to arm it? Is it that tiny ass nub on the side?

-Red
Red Star's Big Rad Bow W/ Red Star Breech
The Red Star Breech

Xbox Live- IS2DI RedStar Add me if your up for some games

#25 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

Yeah I saw these on some random site and forgot about it!!!!

Anyways, if you are going to HELL BEFORE HALLOWEEN just pm me and I'll relieve you of two of them for some a money
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users