Completed with write up

44 replies to this topic

#1 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:05 PM

EDIT: FULL WRITE UP IS IN ON PAGE 2.

Ok, inspired by OATN's LS DTB, I went on to try it myself. I installed the DTB, and then realized that I put it back to far, and it blocked the clip. I thought to my self, doesn't matter, I was going to single it anyway. This is definantly the most effective gun I've ever created. Before I go any further, he is a pic of it.
Posted Image
NOW WITH MORE PICS!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I think it looks weird from the front, but as you can see from the clos up side view, the intergration is pretty clean. And yes, there both pointed forward at a strait angle, even though the DTB looks a little downward angled in the front view.

I am making a write up of this modification, cause I'm making another one at the moment and takingfs pics of the process, so they should be up in a couple days, seeing that this monster only took 2 days to create, even though I still have to brass the DTB and finish the paint job.

This gun is so effective cause it has a main shot (from the singeled longshot) of over 90 feet flat, extremely accurately, and then ten shots (from the DTB) of about 30 feet flat (for the moment) to counter a rush or to rush with. I actually like this more then my crossbow, cause it is just as accurate, shoot's as far, and has ten back up shots. I'd give it a 9 out of 10 for comfort, wedging my left hand in between the DTB and the LS rather then resting it on the DTB, cause I find that it offers more stability. Just for a quick reference, the LS has a LS and a BBB spring in it, and the DTB only has a DTB spring in it, but I will soon add a NF to that when I brass the turret, which will hopefully bring the ranges up to 50 feet flat.

Thanks for looking!

Paintjob is progressing little by little. it's 70% done right now, just needs details and such. Also, found enough brass for one of the DTB barrels, and added an NF spring to it, so that barrel is consitently hitting 55 feet flat accurately with stefans :ph34r:

Posted Image
Posted Image

And now, the part that everyone wants to see... How it's done.
The image limiter would let me post it all in the first post, so it's at the last post.

Edited by ice, 12 September 2008 - 09:58 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2 washedup

washedup

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:08 PM

Ok, inspired by OATN's LS DTB, I went on to try it myself. I installed the DTB, and then realized that I put it back to far, and it blocked the clip. I thought to my self, doesn't matter, I was going to single it anyway. This is definantly the most effective gun I've ever created. Before I go any further, he is a pic of it.
Posted Image
And yes, the DTB is fired by a key ring, just hard to see in the pic.

I am making a write up of this modification, cause I'm making another one at the moment and takingfs pics of the process, so they should be up in a couple days, seeing that this monster only took 2 days to create, even though I still have to brass the DTB and finish the paint job.

This gun is so effective cause it has a main shot (from the singeled longshot) of over 90 feet flat, extremely accurately, and then ten shots (from the DTB) of about 30 feet flat (for the moment) to counter a rush or to rush with. I actually like this more then my crossbow, cause it is just as accurate, shoot's as far, and has ten back up shots. I'd give it a 9 out of 10 for comfort, wedging my left hand in between the DTB and the LS rather then resting it on the DTB, cause I find that it offers more stability. Just for a quick reference, the LS has a LS and a BBB spring in it, and the DTB only has a DTB spring in it, but I will soon add a NF to that when I brass the turret, which will hopefully bring the ranges up to 50 feet flat.

Thanks for looking!

Hey, very nice, oh wait it's Ice. Never mind.
Go FUCK yourself!

#3 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

You well kinda didn't have to single the longshot although it was easier you could've minimized the DTB and put some plexiglass over it but and could've angle breeched it. Shut up washedup your just like g-force always bashing ice.

Edited by Longshot Wielder, 10 September 2008 - 07:12 PM.

Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#4 washedup

washedup

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:19 PM

Don't get you're panties in a wad. I was just kidding and giving him a hard time. After all, he put up a poll to ask wether to stay or go, so I was just having fun. After all that's what life is all about or aboot, if you're Canadian.

Oh and by the way, I have yet to turn anything into an alligator.

Edited by washedup, 10 September 2008 - 07:58 PM.

Go FUCK yourself!

#5 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:37 PM

Nice job ice, but it may have been a bit better if you painted it when it was open.

#6 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:40 PM

Nice job ice, but it may have been a bit better if you painted it when it was open.

I did. This is just the base coat.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker

#7 Daecu

Daecu

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:42 PM

Looking forward to the write-up ^_^ looks great. Nice paint job too :)

#8 silentsnipe

silentsnipe

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:33 PM

Posted Image
NOW WITH MORE PICS!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I think it looks weird from the front, but as you can see from the clos up side view, the intergration is pretty clean. And yes, there both pointed forward at a strait angle, even though the DTB looks a little downward angled in the front view.

Thanks for looking!

Nice job ice, it's your best one yet.

Edited by silentsnipe, 14 September 2008 - 11:16 PM.

And it's absolutely rated R for the violence. Also boobies. And pee pees.

Talio.

Join TheNerfFreaks.forumotion.com TODAY!

#9 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:38 PM

I wonder if the breech mod takes longer to reload than my singled Longshot that you need to muzzle load. I mean you gotta stick your hand in there to load it. I mean it looks fun to do, I'm not throwing any beef at it. But loading the dart the way you would a NiteFinder and ram roding it seems to be a second faster than trying to fit your big hands into that small opening (Yes thats what she said). Nice job there ice.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#10 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:38 PM

Dude thats sick. Now I understand why you would replace this for a crossbow, Absolutly amazing. Nice work!
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#11 Mr Tubb

Mr Tubb

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

I still have to brass the DTB and finish the paint job.

nic job ice butr u only gonna keep it silver?

The answer to your question was in his first post. Also, I, among others, would appreciate you use proper grammar and spelling.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side."
-Han Solo; Star Wars: A New Hope (IV)

#12 nerfguy01

nerfguy01

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:49 PM

Nice job. I usually like your work.

#13 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:18 PM

To be honest I don't think this thread was necessary unless you had any questions. But goodjob?(even though it's not finished)
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#14 Herpestidae

Herpestidae

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:47 AM

The gun looks nice and all as others have said. I am just wondering why you bothered to post this before you actually did the write up. The other way around seems more logical to me (of course the pics would show the gun fully painted instead of just the base coat).
Grimlock no bozo! Grimlock king!

#15 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:11 AM

To be honest I don't think this thread was necessary unless you had any questions. But goodjob?(even though it's not finished)

I also love how this mod is a copy of B00M13's, and ice is getting more praise then he did for it. Not saying anyone should be praising up to people for mods, or paying 500+ dollars for anything Nerf for that matter. Regardless though, a decent mod, but why do you paint ALL of your guns primarily silver(and if not primarily, secondarily)?
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#16 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:38 AM

I also love how this mod is a copy of B00M13's, and ice is getting more praise then he did for it. Not saying anyone should be praising up to people for mods, or paying 500+ dollars for anything Nerf for that matter. Regardless though, a decent mod, but why do you paint ALL of your guns primarily silver(and if not primarily, secondarily)?

I said in the first post that the DTB intergration was OATN's mod.
Muker

#17 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:13 AM

I like it. I now favor my LS over my xbow too. Mine is angel breeched, and has a whole cut down AT2k in it's shell and turreted integrated where the front gun was. Im still working on it. Can't get that damn nub to stay in place.
Good job.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#18 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:49 PM

I said in the first post that the DTB intergration was OATN's mod.

Yeah, I love how I originally did this and B00m always gets more praise than I did.... Wait never he didn't, he just always gets recognized for making it.

Whatever.

Ice, that's pretty clean. I personally hate LS's now, and am not going to ever use anything but my Crossbow for wars (at2k integrated, PETG and Brass breech's), but Singling the LS definitely made it more effective. Everything looks nice and straightforward, but I would like to know how you singled the LS (I'll do it like that when I ever get another one, and probably make another LS-DTG if I ever get around to it). I see that ther isn't any cocking handle, do you cock it from the handle by the breech?

I honestly don't see why everyone still hates Ice. I admit his video's (the ones I watched) weren't really anything great (IMO), but he doesn't act like a noob at all anymore. He's been making stuff that's original as of late. You don't have to like him, but I hate it when people who haven't contributed anything to this forum or the NIC post derogotory comments about someone who's actually done something with themselves but is still hated for a number of reasons that elude me.

I look forward to that write-up, and a closer look at the LS singling.

Again, nice job.

-OfAll'

EDIT: and as for him making tons of cash because of his Tube account, you're just jealous because you can't win the love of loaded gun-toting tweenagers who have no modding capability (no sarcasm, and no offence).

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 11 September 2008 - 05:51 PM.

[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#19 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:10 PM

I agree with OfAll...who cares where credit goes to? He did it first and did it well, but there's nothing wrong with Ice posting his version.

In the meantime...I like what you've done with the integration. Singled Longshots certainly take away the ROF aspect of the clip, but I'm so sick of Longshots anyway that I really like where yours has gone. I've never seen it worth it to buy 3-4 different sizes of brass for a mod like FA's or Hereticorp's. They're cool, but I prefer my mods simple.

I'm also glad you kept the triggers split. Linked triggers still bother me.

Good work! You say it's not finished? Looking forward to seeing the rest.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#20 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:35 PM

First post updated.
Muker

#21 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:57 PM

This is nice. The LS/DTB has been one of my favorite LS mods ever since OfAll did it, and this is a great iteration. I like the idea of using a SINGLED Longshot with it; range plus ROF. My only concern would be ergonomic; how comfortable is it? I would think that the extra weight might make the LS difficult to use at long range. ~Rork
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#22 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:03 PM

Oh, it's nearly as comfy as a crossbow!
Muker

#23 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:14 PM

Much props on having both a clean looking mod and a very practical blaster; there are really the only things that matter to me in Nerf, and you accomplished them both very well. You have the range and kind of slow rate of fire in the singled LS, and the rate of fire and decent range in the DTB. You put it together cleanly and practically (no linked trigger). I can actually respect that. As for the paintjob, I'm so glad it's not your red muck paintjob or the snow camo thing you seem to do to the rest of them.
Teehee.

#24 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:50 PM

Five words for you.

I. Am. So. Doing. This.

Seriously, my I already singled the LS my friend gave me, and I was just recently thinking about getting some DTGs. Sadly, my LS is only getting 70 feet flat, but still. I'm definitely doing it.

Edited by Salmon, 12 September 2008 - 05:53 PM.

Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#25 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

Let's start with an overveiw of the internals (sorry for the blurry image)
Posted Image

Now, for the longshot singling. I already made a topic on this, but I don't mind re writing it, and it slightly changed. First, start by taking a 1/2' cpvc coupler, and jam it into a slightly dremeled out piece of 3/4' pvc. Then, wrap the 3/4' pvc in electrical tape till it fits flush in the chamber. It should look like this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next, add a spring to the longshot spring (I used a BBB). I also added some slight silencing to the plunger head, by using a foam washer (don't know technical name).

Posted Image

Then, take a 5 and 1/2 peice of 1/2' cpvc and thrust it into the coupler inside the chamber. Attach a tee coupler to the other end of the cpvc, and add a cpvc handle. Make sure to fill the handle with hotglue, so the air doesn't escape out of it rather then the regular barrel.

Posted Image

Then, take the dart chamber and cut off the back prongs.

Posted Image

Then, hotglue a 1/2' cpvc barrel in that sucker, making sure that it is secured in place. The barrel should be about 8 to 10 inches.

Posted Image

And that's it for the longshot. Now for the DTB. I crudely cut the shells to fit into place.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Simply hotglue the shells together, and then add two 1/2' pvc barrels to the outside. The top barrel is a foot long, and the lower one is about 9 inches. Then, re locate the trigger. This proved to be VERY EASY, do to all the dead space from where the clip used to accept. I used some sort of metal wire, which I tied around the DTB trigger, and fed it through a straw (any type of straw will do, as long as it fits the wire your threading through it). Dremel out a path for the straw in the shell, and hot glue it in place. Then, add a keyring to the end of the wire that feeds to the outside of the gun, next to the main trigger. Sorry, but I only have one pic for this step.

Posted Image

Now, lets work on the actual DTB. Take your cylinder, and disassemble it. Remove the ar's, and hotglue the circles back onto the part of the cylinder that holds darts. Now, take the back half, and hot glue a 1/2' cpvc pipe in it.

Posted Image

Then, hotglue a 1/2' cpvc coupler to the center of the top part of the cylinder.

Posted Image

This, obviously, means that the DTB is clip modded. Also, dremel out the ring in the center of the cylinder so that it is the same size as the rest of the cylinder. This lets it pass in and out of the gun, without being stopped.

Then, add a spring to the DTB spring. I used an NF spring.

Reassemble the gun, and your done! The longshot, depending on the spring you put in it, can hit anywere form 70 to 100 flat. Mine hit's in the high 90's on average. The DTB can be brassed, but I had one barrel brassed, and after I added spring, it didn't affect it much more then the stock barrels on my darts, it hit's about 45 feet flat.

Hope that helped!
Muker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users