Photo

Doomsayer Improvements.

37 replies to this topic

#26 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:45 PM

Nice job, Angel. When I finally get myself one of these I will be doing these reinforcements. Can these mods be done to the Pump Shot Gun? Or is it just for the Rapid Fire?

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#27 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:40 PM

If only the Rapid fire shotgun had a similar plunger rod to the regular one. It is not only strong, buy very flexible. I doubt that under regular use even with springs added it could break.

Edited by venom213, 02 September 2008 - 03:41 PM.

#28 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:16 PM

This is a great fix. I'm sure it can be applied to a lot of guns. And that last part of the video, it scared me.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#29 nerkum

nerkum

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:02 PM

I have taken the Doomsayer challenge!

I did make some minor changes while I went through the modification. I will note them all here since there is no need for a new thread (sorry for the grave digging). Thanks for write up Forsaken, this was a great challenge!

Here is the picture of my new Primary:

Posted Image

I did two things differently, everything else follows FA_24’s mod. I reinforced the trigger, but I left the safety catch in and dremeled a notch, so I could place a beefy spring there.

Posted Image

And on the turret I did away with the yellow casing and cut a piece from it to make a coupler type seat on the bottom plate. With a bit of electrical tape and elbow grease you can pop the barrels in and out of the turret. So now if I somehow damage my barrels I can easily replace them on the field.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

Very good! I like the new idea for the barrels. :D
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#31 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:24 AM

Good work Nerkum!
I like the idea of eliminating that yellow piece. It gets rid of some weight.
My only concern about this would probably be the barrels flying off while firing.
People have seen it before. Where a dart is so tight that instead the whole barrel flies of rather than the dart firing. I am sure if you gooped around the bases of the petg it would prevent that. Then you could always remove the goop and replace the barrel.

Once again, really good work Nerkum, I will probably do this on my next one.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#32 nerkum

nerkum

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

The front weight is a bit lighter. I have Ol' Painless (Soothsayers Doomsayer) and compared the two while just holding the stock. I think after a long day of nerfing it will be noticable.

I thought about the barrels flying out, so I did leave a little bit of room as the bottom of each barrel for goop treatment. I wanted to test and see how well they hold up before I do that procedure.

Thanks for the comments, and coming soon I have another mod that you should get a kick out of.

#33 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:31 PM

I basically did the same thing with my singled RFS with the trigger. Instead of putting a beefier torsion spring in, I just took two pen springs and glued them in.

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 13 March 2009 - 09:31 PM.

Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#34 Dr Rockzo

Dr Rockzo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:52 PM

Nerkum: What did you make the barrels support out of?

#35 nerkum

nerkum

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

The turret has four peices (not counting the rotation mech), the back plate, the front plate, the front yellow cylinder, and the back yellow cylinder. I used the front and back plate, plus I cut off about an inch of the back yellow cylinder to use as a coupler to the back plate. There are grooves on the back plate that the back yellow cylinder fits perfectly into, so it is really easy to make it airtight.

Since the front plate attaches to the back plate using four decent size screws there is no need for the yellow cylinder peices.

To slot the barrels into the coupler I used electrical tape. Just wrap it until it is really snug and pop it into the coupler to finish the airtight seal.

#36 coco

coco

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:22 PM

where can you buy a rapid fire pump acton shotgun

#37 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:29 PM

I think Cabela's. but be prepared for you 9999 day special.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#38 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

where can you buy a rapid fire pump acton shotgun

Learn to Google.
You have a week off to contemplate the error of your ways. Spend it reading the board rules.
http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users