Longshot Scope Modification-ls2k

...turning the bad into the good

11 replies to this topic

#1 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

The Longshot scope…wow. Big, unstable, and completely anti-aim, it’s probably the worst Nerf accessory Hasbro has ever made. I’ve read of people putting in Nitefinder internals, and I consider that a good idea. I tried one-upping those removable integrations with the tiny terror that is the LS2k, the best rail accessory in the history of Nerf. Let’s see what you think.

Materials
LS scope
At2k internals
Hot glue and a strong epoxy of some kind

Tools
PVC pipe cutters
Screwdriver
Hot glue gun
Dremel

Open the scope in any way you want. After taking out the screws, you still must contend with the yellow rings. I just completely cut them off with some pipe cutters. A hacksaw or Dremel would suffice. However you do it, it should look like this.
Posted Image
Dremel out the little tabs on both sides
Posted Image
Now screw the sides back together. You should cut a two notches on either side for the 2k turret. You need to glue the 2k valve into the turret, otherwise triggering it will pull the valve out. Apply hot glue and Plumber's Goop liberally to one side of the scope and to the turret and attach the two.
Posted Image
The hot glue should hold it until the Goop sets up. I find it to be perfectly stable glued to only one side, I can rotate it violently and it doesn't give one bit. If you want, you can add a little hot glue to the other side.
Posted Image
You can add a keyring and a pump. I just used the stock 2k pump. As for attaching the pump to the side, put it wherever you feel like, I just glued it to the side.
Posted Image
It’s done!

I realized after reassembly that I left out the rail clip (oops), but it does give me another opportunity to show the innards.
Posted Image

The LS2k on a few guns:
Posted Image
Posted Image

What do you guys think?

Edited by .Z4., 01 September 2008 - 02:08 PM.

Z4 of the NIC
"We are here to have fun with the toys we love in a civilized and friendly manner."- Talio

#2 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:07 PM

Really clever idea. Did you mod the turret though? Where is the pump?

#3 zach attack

zach attack

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:13 PM

great idea but where would the trigger be?

#4 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:22 PM

great idea but where would the trigger be?

there IS a working 2k valve inside the scope. Basically, all I did was make a modular 2k unit for N-strike rails.

Where is the pump?

I plan on adding a pump soon,

What do you guys think?

I think this has already been done before (because I did it already, but my 2k leaks so it's impractical for me), yet not in this fashion, (I think they keep the whole scope intact and I think they single the 2k, and trash the turret. Anyways, I found the write-up clear and easy to understand, and plus, you kept it simple!

Edited by Watari, 24 August 2008 - 03:31 PM.

#5 Darth Gram Gram

Darth Gram Gram

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:16 PM

The integration possibilities of that thing are very promising.

Nice job!
QUOTE(Brunta @ Aug 21, 07:52 PM)
I'm actually really excited about these. These may be small but I think they will be very useful when I use my ninja skills.

#6 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:52 PM

Lt. Stefan- There's not currently a trigger, but it'll be a keyring once I get it in there.

Watari- I'm quite sorry, I didn't realize someone had put a 2k in a LS scope.

Another cool thing about this design is that it is very clean and compact for a permanent 2k integration with the turret. If I can get over to Kohls soon and get my hands on another LS scope (Does anyone know if Hasbro sells them?), one of these is ON my crossbow.

Thanks for all the compliments!
Z4 of the NIC
"We are here to have fun with the toys we love in a civilized and friendly manner."- Talio

#7 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:31 PM

Watari- I'm quite sorry, I didn't realize someone had put a 2k in a LS scope.

It has been done before, but not like this. I believe you are the first to keep the turret.

Nice job. Very clean and practical.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#8 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:32 PM

Thanks Assassin, now that you say it I do seem to remember a topic a while back...I've added a pump and keyring, and will upload some pictures when I figure out what's wrong with my camera.
Z4 of the NIC

#9 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:46 PM

I didn't ask about the trigger. Where is the pump?

#10 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:25 PM

I would like to add this to the directory but it is not a complete modification.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#11 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:15 PM

I didn't ask about the trigger. Where is the pump?

I'm sorry about that, I combined yours and zack attack's questions. There is no pump pictured, but I added one today. Also (in response to your original question) the turret is not modified, I had no modified turrets lying around, and anyways, it's all what works best for you. My camera upload cable is broken, but as soon as possible I will have internal pics and finished pictures up.

Edited by .Z4., 25 August 2008 - 09:16 PM.

Z4 of the NIC

#12 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:09 PM

Double post with an update: I added some internal pics and completed the writeup. Sorry about the wait.
Z4 of the NIC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users