The Vulcan: Unboxed

I got it

92 replies to this topic

#1 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:50 PM

Alright Every one let me say a few things.

-I dont have internal pics yet because i can't find my small screwdriver.
-Rambo style doesn't work well with the vulcan
-sold at wall mart
-bought in colorado

You will need: screwdriver
Hacksaw

So the first thing i did was put everything together.
Posted Image
Then I popped out the ars on the chains with the screwdriver by breaking the plastic holding the peg in.
A chain with ars in.
Posted Image
And a chain without ars.
Posted Image
(to make things easier the screwdriver can be substituted with a drill.)
Now onto part 2.
Simply cut just in front of the charging handle like so.
Posted Image
There is still another ar inside the gun. But i cannot take that out now as I lost my little screwdriver.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#2 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:51 PM

Nice. I can't wait to see what the internals look like.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#3 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:52 PM

Can you get a shot looking down to see what the AR looks like? Have these basic mods improved range at all?

#4 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

Can you show a picture of the full gun with the front sawn off?

-A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 22 July 2008 - 03:53 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#5 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

Is this suppose to be a write up of some sort?

Cool you got a vulcan but what was the point of hacking off the front? You neglected to mention why you are hacking up your new toy.

Can you go into some detail about things that matter about the gun? speed, firing mech, weight, accuracy, distance. Did any of your "mods" have any effect on the ranges?

Edited by Blacksunshine, 22 July 2008 - 05:03 PM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#6 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:30 PM

WHYYYYYYYY?!?!!!

Edit: third pic down does kind of show the gun CUT TO PIECES WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU, but it's hazy.

Edited by Splitlip, 22 July 2008 - 04:32 PM.

Teehee.

#7 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

Holy crap. Do we seriously need to mangle this thing just to get the main AR out? I need to get me some super long drill bits.

Edit: Wait, you choped up the gun because you couldn't find your little screwdriver! It's a 40 dollar gun, butchered over a dollar store screwdriver...

Edited by Gears, 22 July 2008 - 04:38 PM.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#8 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:36 PM

Holy crap. Do we seriously need to mangle this thing just to get the main AR out? I need to get me some super long drill bits.

Probably not. He did state several times he couldn't find his small screwdriver. There's a good chance that you can probably dismantle the gun and pull it out in a civilized undamaging manner.
Gimme back my bullets....

#9 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:42 PM

That is not the "charging handle", that is the carry handle. The charging handle is the thing you pull back to prime the gun.

And to everybody else, he cut the front off to minimize it, nothing important.

#10 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:47 PM

He didn't get the AR out. You don't have to cut off the front, he just cut it off because it is not needed. It's like the barrel extension on the LS or Recon.
I'd bet the AR is like the one on the LS, since it seems the internals will be very similar, so you cutting off the front does not do anything for range, just makes the gun smaller. I wouldn't have done it myself, but I just don't like cutting up my guns.

EDIT: Gears, you do not need a longer drill bit, I don't think, because the AR isn't in the barrel.

Edited by bartel, 22 July 2008 - 04:49 PM.

"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#11 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:54 PM

I can't wait to see Forsaken Angel take a crack at one of these! So can you tell us how it is out of the box? RoF, range? And how is it now? How heavy is it?
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#12 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:04 PM

Oh my fucking god! Why did you hack it open!?!?!!? You said you were just visiting Colorado, so you can't get another! You idiot! I can't even describe my disgust right now. It looks like you can kind of take the front off. If you look at the third pic down, there are little ridges in the barrel, so it looks like you can twist it off like on the LS or Recon.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#13 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:10 PM

Hmm... just putting and idea out there, but do you guys think a batter pak relocation mod would work for this beast. It'd be cool to see someone firing it one-handed like a sidearm.
Gimme back my bullets....

#14 Anima

Anima

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

Rather than relocate the battery pack, just build a brace for it that will distribute the weight along your forearm.

As to the wisdom in hacking the gun up...it's his purchase, we have no business criticizing him. I do wish he'd done real measurements before altering the gun, though. We have no basis for comparison now.
On the web, your language skills are your appearance and odor. Don't be a smelly elephant man.

#15 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:23 PM

This tells us nothing.

What were ranges out of the box? How about ranges with the 'mods' you did?

Come on! Actually give us info about the gun!
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#16 Knud-Hansen

Knud-Hansen

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:08 PM

Bomberman, i'm with ya on this one. but it is his gun and we did not spend the money on it so i guess we can't be too harsh. However, G-force: since there is after all an 8 page topic on this gun that has been building up lately, getting the stock information down might have resulted in less angry people
[size=4][i]-Knud-

#17 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:34 PM

Bomberman, i'm with ya on this one. but it is his gun and we did not spend the money on it so i guess we can't be too harsh. However, G-force: since there is after all an 8 page topic on this gun that has been building up lately, getting the stock information down might have resulted in less angry people

Alright. Stock range is longshotstock ranges (30 ft)
Uses a wheel type thig to cycle rounds.
Most speculation true.
rambo style doesn't work. Anything else you want to know?

Everyone else mad at me. Shut up. I sawed off the front of the gun which was all just empty plastic. and I didn't want it any bigger. Also I never said where I was visiting from it is very easy for me to travel to denver. The mods i did to it which where very minor increased the ranges by aproxmately 10-15 feet. One more thing, thank you oodlumps for telling these retards the point of the mod. i also sawed it of because it only housed the fake rifled barrel like the one in the longshot which acts as a giant air restritor.

Chubbs

#18 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:46 PM

I had asked earlier what the RoF is like and never got an answer. The videos I've seen never shot it very much and the batteries were dead. Is it fast like the RF20 or is kind of like the semi auto version of the RF20. Or slower?

#19 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:48 PM

I had asked earlier what the RoF is like and never got an answer. The videos I've seen never shot it very much and the batteries were dead. Is it fast like the RF20 or is kind of like the semi auto version of the RF20. Or slower?

It says on the outside of the box 3 shots a second.

Chubbs

#20 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:50 PM

Oh my god, that's fast! does it really shoot that fast or is it their usual overestimation?

#21 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:55 PM

So you're getting it to about 45'? That's not bad. Hopefully removing the other AR will help a bit. Is there any possibility of a spring replacement? Have you taken this apart at all? Or are you in need of a screwdriver?

Thanks for dispensing all the information you can...we're all very eager to learn what we can about this.

#22 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:08 PM

Oh my god, that's fast! does it really shoot that fast or is it their usual overestimation?

More like 2 per second.

I measured ranges and I have stock ranges

stock: 30 feet.
minor modded: 50-60 feet.

I cant wait to take out the the primary AR Inside the gun. This could end up being a full auto NF.
Also the gun really does take 6 d batteries it weighs quite a bit. *sarcasm* can someone airmail me a screwdriver?*sarcasm*

Chubbs

#23 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:12 PM

YES! YES! OH GOD YES! IT DOESN'T COMPLETELY SUCK!!!
Seriously, g-force, you just made my day. Any gun with 25 automatic shots that gets 55 feet average is good with me, especially since it's electronic and could of just as easily shot 20 feet, 30 feet tops. And with Angel intending to work on it...this thing could be my favorite rushing gun in my arsenal. Really, this rocks.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#24 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:15 PM

I'm getting less and less excited about it...

It sounds like it's going to take the fun out of Nerfing, and its going to rely on who has the biggest ammo belt for their Vulcan.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#25 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:17 PM

*sarcasm* can someone airmail me a screwdriver?*sarcasm*

Go to Home Depot and buy a Size #0 philips.

I'm getting less and less excited about it...

It sounds like it's going to take the fun out of Nerfing, and its going to rely on who has the biggest ammo belt for their Vulcan.

I've had a gun that can do this for a year now, and it's not as great as you're assuming.
It has it's uses, but it's anything but ideal for normal Nerf War situations. Having a gun that shots a significant number of darts means you have to carry a significant number of darts with you, and you will spend a great deal of time reloading as well.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 22 July 2008 - 10:30 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users