Manta 2k, And More Mods

A Chili Creation

7 replies to this topic

#1 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

I'm going on a mini vacation for the next three days, so I finished another mod just in time. It's a Manta/AT2K hybrid, the Manta 2k.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Yep, it's basically what it sounds like. A Manta Ray shell with 2 2k's, one on each side. The 2k's have basic mods done to them: 6 in PETG barrel, plugged pump. I didn't remove the goo gauge, because I didn't feel the need to. It doesn't get in the way when holding or firing the gun. To fire, there are two key rings with heavy duty fishing wire/string on the AT2k firing spring. The firing spring has had hot glue all around it, so it's like a BIC pen mod. Both 2k's normal ranges. The barrel on the left is perfectly straight and is the main one I fire out of since I can easily see down it, since I hold the gun with my right hand. The barrel on the right is a bit crooked, but it's more of a last resort weapon. This gun's great, it has the power of (2) AT2k's with the ability to block shot's like a Manta Ray. A great all around weapon.

Posted Image
Basic NF, 1st Gen. PPK'd, has 3 1/2 inches of 17/32 brass nested in 1 inch of 9/16. Two ammo holders in the handle, ace# 49 spring, two o-rings. Get's around 50-60ft. I don't know how you guys get 70-80ft.

Posted Image
Splifire I got from Badger, I remodded it and gave it (2) PETG barrels. No ranges at the moment, haven't got around to checking. I'd say at least 50-60, definently more than the NF.

Posted Image
The Blue Tiger

Ok, normally I'd just post this in the mod/paintjob thread but these aren't mod's you see everyday so I thought I'd show them off a bit.

Edited by ChiliPepperFender, 13 July 2008 - 10:24 PM.

[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#2 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:21 PM

I like your manta 2k but it needs a trigger like the manta. Here is an idea maybe use a small copper or brass tube and run that through a copper or brass tube and have it connect to the firing pin then put a bent piece of copper or brass as the trigger. Hope that helped.

Edited by NerfCrazy, 13 July 2008 - 11:57 PM.

#3 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:53 PM

I see what NerfCrazy is getting at, but a wire trigger wouldn't be strong enough to PUSH a 2k valve open. Pulling is one thing, but the force you'd have to use to get that to work would bend a wire trigger immediately.

In lieu of his idea, I may have something that can potentially help you. I did a similar mod about four years ago. That manta was dismantled and eventually became the structural center for Baghead's Sicklefin two years ago.

All the same, "Marty" used the 2k's original trigger pieces to pull the 2k valves, but the actual trigger part was cut off and replaced with a cut down piece from the manta's plungers on both sides. Adding the manta's stock plunger springs behind the 2k trigger pieces functioned like a standard trigger spring, and it turned out very well. Here are some photos that should make this pretty clear. I like what you've done with the manta already and judging by the kneadable epoxy/JB Weld/whatever you used, it looks pretty permanent. All the same, if you want to make some alterations at some point, this might be useful for some ideas:

Posted Image

Posted Image
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#4 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:00 AM

I never thought of that. Doing that is cheaper and would work a lot better. Go with his idea.

#5 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:28 AM

Wow Falcon, that's really awesome. I didn't know someone else had done this, I know people have done crazy integration's like Bag's Sicklefin and having one 2k on one side and the Manta parts on the other. Your's, at least what was your's, turned out really good. Alot better then mine...Oh well, mine functions great still. Having an excess amount of AT2K's I had to do something with them. If I could change it, I would, but as you have seen i've put excess amounts of Plumber's Putty on it. As well as Plumber's Goop. It's not coming off, unless there's alot of force involved. Thanks, for the ideas and suggestions both NerfCrazy and Falcon, if this thing ever breaks I'll definently take those idea's into consideration, although I think I'd have to use something else other than the stock plungers because mine was broken in alot of area's which led to this integration.

#6 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:26 AM

Only 50-60' on your NF with a handyman spring? Wow thats low. Put in a Double Shot spring and it will go 70'. Thats what I did to mine. Cool mods, by the way.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#7 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:37 AM

Only 50-60' on your NF with a handyman spring? Wow thats low. Put in a Double Shot spring and it will go 70'. Thats what I did to mine. Cool mods, by the way.

Ace 49 spring. Also, I don't know why but I'm not good with Nitefinders, arguably the easiest gun to mod too... I'll range test again when I back on Thursday or Friday. Then tell the results.

EDIT: By the way, Dayko, epoxy putty is like a rock when it sets. It's great stuff. I'm not sure if it will bond with Plumbers Goop though. I used it as a second adheasive, maybe you can try to peel the Plumbers Goop off? Either way, you should try the Plumbers Putty, it's extremely strong.

Edited by ChiliPepperFender, 14 July 2008 - 01:40 AM.

#8 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:13 PM

Ace 49 spring. Also, I don't know why but I'm not good with Nitefinders, arguably the easiest gun to mod too... I'll range test again when I back on Thursday or Friday. Then tell the results.

EDIT: By the way, Dayko, epoxy putty is like a rock when it sets. It's great stuff. I'm not sure if it will bond with Plumbers Goop though. I used it as a second adheasive, maybe you can try to peel the Plumbers Goop off? Either way, you should try the Plumbers Putty, it's extremely strong.

I feel your pain I can't mod a nf well either I have an ace 49 spring in mine and banded and it maybe gets 70' on a really good day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users