Vulcan Firing Video Found!

Looks Like Crap :(

38 replies to this topic

#1 Frankie27

Frankie27

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:25 AM

Just found this on Youtube. Its the Nerf Vulcan being fired. It looks like ranges suck. Check it out:
Vulcan Firing Video
Admin of No. 1 Australian Nerf Site - Oz Nerf

#2 chalywong

chalywong

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:57 AM

That is probably the most disappointing thing I have ever seen.

#3 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:11 AM

Wow. Just Wow. I hope thats a really early prototype.....
If its really that bad all of are 6 months of speculation.... RUINED! :angry:

It better be better :)

Jackster

#4 MoonMaster

MoonMaster

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:17 AM

This is the range of the Vulcan STOCK! We're all saying it's crap. Pump shotguns have crappy stock range, and look what FA24 did to his.

5. Protip: sarcasm is good for making someone else look like more of an idiot than they already do. However, if you are an idiot to start with, using sarcasm just makes you look like a COLOSSAL idiot.

#5 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:36 AM

This is the range of the Vulcan STOCK! We're all saying it's crap. Pump shotguns have crappy stock range, and look what FA24 did to his.

Although you are right about pieces of crap being turned into usable war weapons. I just don't think there is that much we are going to be able to do. I mean look. AR removal = +15 feet or so. Battery supercharge = + 10 to 15 . If it works the way we think with the airsoft like gear and plunger system then it is going to be really hard to suck 45 feet out of this puppy.

Lets hope someone has better ideas then I do.

#6 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:07 AM

The lack of power in the gun is so extreme that, if someone farted, it might deflect all shots at them.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#7 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:00 AM

WOW. I don't think any of those darts went over 10ft or so. I think it is a waste of money. I will not even be looking at one until I get some reason to believe that it is not complete shit.
EDIT: Very powerful and very cool? MY ASS

Ubermensch Posted Today, 03:07 AM
The lack of power in the gun is so extreme that, if someone farted, it might deflect all shots at them.

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 06 June 2008 - 07:03 AM.

QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#8 QuannyG

QuannyG

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:16 AM

We may just have to give this vid the benefit of the doubt, i mean, it's an expo, and no doubt that there would be heaps of journalists wanting to look at the Vulcan, therefore, i suggest that maybe the batteries were flat. Like jackster said, this may have been a really early prototype. The third alternative is that it just sucks. But we must give it the benefit of the doubt.
QuannyG: School Captain

#9 Kanashimi

Kanashimi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:50 AM

Hey did anyone notice this?

Lady: Its got two different fires to it. It has single fire and rapid shot.

That made my day. Now, I hope that single fire doesn't use batteries. That would save a lot of money.

-Kanashimi

#10 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:54 AM

The belts it has in that video look a LOT different than the Orange/Black belts we saw in the photos, so this could be an early prototype just for that expo, with shiite batteries

#11 Killim-spree

Killim-spree

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:28 AM

I really hope this isn't the final thing, I mean seriously who needs a tripod when it shoots less than 10 feet away?

#12 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:40 AM

Geez. I thought you guys would be even happier. I'd bet FA is. I accept the challenge. I'm sure he will too, among many others still. :)
Teehee.

#13 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:56 AM

She had it pointing at the ground. Dang no smiley.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#14 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:29 AM

Between it being stock and pointed at the ground it's no wonder it looks pathetic.

Anyone remember how pitifully a stock Longshot performs?

I'm still hopeful with this blaster, we shouldn't have much trouble making it competitive. It's never going to be a long-range superweapon, but it might provide excellent suppression fire.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#15 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

On a completly random note the lazer tag things look cool... :)

#16 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:43 AM

Between it being stock and pointed at the ground it's no wonder it looks pathetic.

Anyone remember how pitifully a stock Longshot performs?

I'm still hopeful with this blaster, we shouldn't have much trouble making it competitive. It's never going to be a long-range superweapon, but it might provide excellent suppression fire.

Actually, I was quite impressed with the stock range of the LS. This was before I was seriously into modding but still. I think that cmdrmak, you are right that it could make for good supressive fire, but I had this blaster or an unknown brand that got similar ranges to the vulcan stock. I did EVERYTHING I could possibly do short of making a whole new plunger assembly, and I got 30ft out of it. I think that is the limit to the vulcan's power.

EDIT: ON a happier note, when the first videos of the hasbro toy show came out, it showed a guy shooting this wrestling guy with it. I seem to recall he was about 10ft away, and the darts hit the wrestler with considerable force. I couldn't see the darts travelling in the air. Maybe the batteries were just low, or maybe they fixed the chains up with beefier ARs to limit it's power. That is easily fixed however, and it may yet prove to be a good turret for wars.

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 06 June 2008 - 09:46 AM.

#17 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:55 AM

Most of your comments are correct, supercharge, ar's, etc.. But everyone is forgetting that theres a single shot. If you go on youtube and search uin13, he has a video called more on nerf 2008 or something like that. Here's the link:

If you look closely in every picture but especially in one, you can see a cocking mechanism almost exactly like one on the longshot. Check it out.

#18 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:07 AM

Most of your comments are correct, supercharge, ar's, etc.. But everyone is forgetting that theres a single shot. If you go on youtube and search uin13, he has a video called more on nerf 2008 or something like that. Here's the link:

If you look closely in every picture but especially in one, you can see a cocking mechanism almost exactly like one on the longshot. Check it out.

15,000 different people have already noticed the longshot bolt on the side. It is nothing new. If uin13 (or ice, as he is known here) has a video on it, the information is months old.

On topic: Speculation is freaking annoying. We'll know what it can do for certain later this year. Give it up until then.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#19 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:12 AM

Ice makes it sound like he is sooo good, when everyone had seen those pics a while before. I hate his vids, cuz they are nothing special, and he thinks he is as good as FA_24. The longshot cocking device is used for the single fire I guess. That is a good way to test the spring. My guess is it is the same spring as the LS, but im not sure.

#20 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:54 AM

Ice makes it sound like he is sooo good, when everyone had seen those pics a while before. I hate his vids, cuz they are nothing special, and he thinks he is as good as FA_24. The longshot cocking device is used for the single fire I guess. That is a good way to test the spring. My guess is it is the same spring as the LS, but im not sure.

...and I hate you, 'cuz' your spelling and grammar sucks. His ~100 'vids' are better than your zero. By the way, you don't know what the LS cocking bolt is used for (have you seen real machine guns work) and you can't guess what spring it is since YOU DON'T HAVE THE GUN.

Speculation sucks.

PS: Stop sucking F_A24's balls.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#21 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:12 AM

Im sorry I misspelt cuz. Im just saying that I don't really like ice's videos. I am not digital leg humping FA either. I am just saying that his videos are better than ice's.
I play COD, so I know how a machine gun works, you cock it, and pull the thing back to open the cover to insert more chain. In the vid, the lady doing the demo did this without using the handle.
Excuse me I have to go write a science exam. Wish me luck!

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 06 June 2008 - 11:14 AM.

#22 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:02 PM

It's never going to be a long-range superweapon, but it might provide excellent suppression fire.

I hope to prove you wrong, although I cannot promise anything.
I will do everything in my power to this beast.
I cannot wait to get my hands on one.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#23 Llama Boy

Llama Boy

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:05 PM

Look at 0:26 on the video and you can notice that that dart went less than 6 inches! :) :o
Truce.

#24 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:37 PM

It's never going to be a long-range superweapon, but it might provide excellent suppression fire.

I hope to prove you wrong, although I cannot promise anything.
I will do everything in my power to this beast.
I cannot wait to get my hands on one.

Dude, if you can make this go 80ft+, at least with single fire mode, while keeping the ammo belts... that'll be sick.

Though I doubt it'll get better ranges than even a Recon. I definetly want to get my hands on one of these regardless

Edited by Galaxy613, 06 June 2008 - 12:37 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#25 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:29 PM

Just seeing this video got wheels turning in my head. I've already started thinking of how good this gun can be after extensive modding. I also started to think, if this gun actually does make 80 feet, wouldn't it be a kill-joy at nerf wars. Sure people could still hit the person with the vulcan, but I just picture 6 people running around a corner and all being hit, and all walking off the field with a sad look on there face. Would special rules be made for that, or will it end up like the singled titan...banned from almost every nerf war. Then again, what do I know, this thing could just be a burden to anyone who uses it. Guess we won't know until someone buys it.
-A side of nerf
Southeast Nerf Contingent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users