Amazing BB Spread, Tatically Realistic Attachable Coupler Tech

23 replies to this topic

#1 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

Gay acronym, I know. Get over it.

After recently trying to come up with a grenade-type device (which I'll complete later) I've discovered something quite interesting. I know some of you won't like it, as it's not exactly nerf and grenades and the like are looked down on by most, but I think it is quite effective.

When thinking about large-spray, shotgun type effects I realized foam wouldn't work. It just wasn't heavy enough to go anywhere. So I turned to airsoft BBs. My first attempt at making a shotgun-like barrel setup turned out pretty well.

I'm using a 5" PVC barrel on an at2k (which is on my crossbow that I recently tore apart). You'll need your barrel, two small sections of non-weighted Mega FBR, and airsoft BBs (I'm using .12 gram).

Posted Image

Take one of the FBR segments and put it in the end of the barrel.

Posted Image

Flip it around and fill it up almost to the top with BBs.

Posted Image

Then plug the front up with the other piece.

-Missing Picture-

After testing a couple times, I was amazed at the results. With my 2k (on my crossbow) it fires the things about 40', with a 20' spread (at least). It makes a huge bubble-like shape when fired. This is definitely one of the coolest and most effective 'shotgun' devices I've seen (the only one, actually). Imagine something like this on a Titan! You'd have to change barrel diamter/length, but it would be AWSOME.

I'll try this on different guns (definitely my Titan once it's finished), and mess around with barrel lengths and possibly BB weights if I get more time. I don't know how much I can promise to do though, because I don't really want bbs all over my front yard... The more powerful the gun, I would recommend a larger barrel diameter/longer barrel/heavier darts. I still have yet to find the ideal length.

You could also make multiple ABSTRACTs and make holders for fast reloading/barrel exchange (if you get in a close situation). Reloading these mid-war would be a pain, but could be easily remidied (sp) by buying a quick-loader airsoft-thingie (the name eludes me).

I'll try to get a video up by this weekend, you really can't appreciate it until you've seen it yourself.

I still can't get over how cool these things are, they definitely have lots of potential. I'll post here once I make adjustment or incorporate these in some other way.

Questions? Comments?

-OfAll'

Edit: I know alot of you might not like this because of the lack of foam, but I'm really not trying to convert anyone to airsoft. Like I said before I'm only using Airsoft BBs because bits of foam lack the density to travel any measurable distance, and it seems to compliment Nerf guns quite well.

Edit: You do plug up the end, to stop the BBs from falling out. Sorry for no picture, will be fixed. The FBR segment fly out upon firing, but only go a couple feet, making for easy resuability.

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 04 May 2008 - 07:10 PM.

[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#2 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:04 PM

Won't the BB's poke your eye out? Seems dangerous using BB's in a war, even with eye protection.

Still good job.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#3 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:05 PM

Won't the BB's poke your eye out? Seems dangerous using BB's in a war, even with eye protection.

Still good job.

They're plastic, and you should be wearing eye protection anyways. They don't travel remarkably fast, and they don't fly fast enough to do any serious damage. It's more of a fast 'puff'. Believe me, a dart could do considerably more damage.

-OfAll'

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 04 May 2008 - 07:06 PM.

#4 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:06 PM

Two things:

How do you get the BBs to stay in? Another, removable FBR cap?
And I suggest the acronym A.B.S.T.R.A.C.T.

Good acronym, no?

Love the mod. Good work (again), OfAll.

Edited by Green-Buckshot, 04 May 2008 - 07:07 PM.

QUOTE(A side of nerf @ May 18 2008, 12:33 PM) View Post

Also, could you post some more revealing pictures?

#5 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:08 PM

Two things:

Good acronym, no?

Yeah, it says 'plug the end with the other piece'. I didn't take a picture, but I'll have that up tomorrow to stop confusion.

I'm loving the acronym, I'll edit it in.

#6 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

Neat, this might also be an effective weapon in a airsoft game. :lol: Very good use of crappy .12g BB's.

Edited by Galaxy613, 04 May 2008 - 07:10 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#7 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, it says 'plug the end with the other piece'. I didn't take a picture, but I'll have that up tomorrow to stop confusion.

I need to learn to read :lol: ...

You also might want to get rid of that "gay acronym" bit at the beginning. It hurts my feelings :( .

Nah :D , just remember to tell people who made the name when they're done being owned.

Edited by Green-Buckshot, 04 May 2008 - 07:14 PM.

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:12 PM

I highly doubt airsoft bb's would be allowed in most Nerf wars, as you wouldn't be firing foam projectiles then. If you really want a shotgun foam effect, try making 0.5-0.8" darts with airsoft bb's as weights. Make sure you glue the weights off center, and then cram as many as you can down a barrel.

~ompa

#9 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

Completely fuck stupid comment with and idea for OfAll'...

Idea: bb with spray foam on them would hurt less. Spread out, spray foam, mix/break up bb's, enjoy!

Edited by Lynx, 04 May 2008 - 09:44 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#10 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:37 PM

I highly doubt airsoft bb's would be allowed in most Nerf wars, as you wouldn't be firing foam projectiles then. If you really want a shotgun foam effect, try making 0.5-0.8" darts with airsoft bb's as weights. Make sure you glue the weights off center, and then cram as many as you can down a barrel.

~ompa

I know, but I'll definitely be trying these out with my small group. I didn't want to come off as the noob who tries to make Nerf into airsoft of anything, the spread is just so much more significant than with any type of dart I've used.

Lynx: ^^. Sorry I didn't make that clear before. I'll try the foam though.

-OfAll'

#11 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:29 PM

Hmm... I had this idea a while back, but feared posting it because i used it on a Titan (dangerous, not to mention painful). Good job on posting it though. Try using a 2' barrel with about 25 bb's and a Titan with 35 pumps in it. I got shot with it at 50 feet. My mom thought I got chiken pox again. :P
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#12 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:34 PM

I did this last year with my sf (both barrels), and the spread FILLED a room with bb's. Oh crap I just got an idea.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#13 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:55 PM

Futureseal made some mongo grenades that launch out airsoft bbs (some of which were given to me.) I tried to shoot one from my mongo titan with amazing results. They can be loaded backwards for a shotgun effect or forwards so they explode on impact. I will not tell more and allow futureseal to tell you all (this guy is a frieckin genius) feel free to send him a pm.

Edited by g-force, 04 May 2008 - 09:55 PM.

QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#14 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:09 PM

I did something like this with my titan but with tanbark. And gravel.

It actually worked, but some lady asked me to leave the area because she did't want her kid to get hit.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#15 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:14 AM

I think BB's could really hurt out of something like a titan, or an LBB or BBBB. But good job. Could you make it fire a shell in any way? Instead of just firing some BB's out of a barrel?
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#16 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:45 AM

There is a MUCH better way to do this I found out... with your idea (which I have tried and tested before your posted this) the front cap of foam slows the bb's down, when it hovers in front of the barrel for the quick second that it can. This is my solution (sorry if its hard to follow)
[img][IMG]http://img244.imageshack.
us/img244/1264/shotgunstefankz2.th.png[/IMG][/img]
Sorry I can't find a way to post it straight into forums, but with this it is somewhat harder to load.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#17 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

THIS IS NERF!!!! I QUIT AIRSOFT TO AVOID THEM GAY ASS THINGS!!!! THEY GET EVERYWHERE!!!! Seriously they just have no place and give an unfair advantage in a nerf war.

Edited by pulletman, 05 May 2008 - 10:01 PM.

QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

#18 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:26 PM

And I wonder why you got banned over at HQ... These don't acually have much of an advantage, pulletman. They don't travel nearly as far as a nerf dart, they don't hurt as much as a dart, and darts get everywhere too. For these, you could also just get orange airsoft BB's, and pick them up. And I agree, they are not nerf, and they don't have much of a place, but in a shotgun spread, it is a bit different in my opinion. Also in my opinion, I think this gives you almost a disadvantage for how I play. I play at more long range, and behind things, so this would be impractical for me. But you don't have to go into a rant.
EDIT: Sorry about the backseat moderating, this guy just really pisses me off.

Edited by Bomberman, 05 May 2008 - 01:27 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#19 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:54 PM

THIS IS NERF!!!! I QUIT AIRSOFT TO AVOID THEM GAY ASS THINGS!!!! THE GET EVERYWHERE!!!! Seriously they just have no place and give an unfair advantage in a nerf war.

Great job using all caps and improper grammar. If people really think they're unfair then they'll adapt and use their own. Refer to bomberman.

doubleshot: I can't see your images... I'll just cut and paste though.

Thank you everyone.

#20 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:25 PM

I would like to restate my post... what I meant was that 1. They get fucking everywhere 2. They can hurt more than darts if you give them enough power, and 3. I would be fine with this if we were playing an all around combat game or another gun game, but we play nerf and so there is really no place for it here, the foam just acts as a sabot and so you aren't even using a nerf gun anymore, you are just using an airsoft gun.
QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

#21 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:01 PM

Two things:

Good acronym, no?

What's funny is this is like a shotgun, I've done it before. And your name is green buckshot, and he's using green bbs to make a shotgun...hmmmm coinsidence?
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#22 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:56 PM

Yes. Yes it is. :D .

*Turns to OfAll, whispers, "He's on to us! Run"*

:blink: Non Sequitur goes here.

:lol:

#23 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:20 PM

Here is Doubleshot's picture. Doubleshot this forum doesn't accept anything but image tags you almost got it right but the url tags broke it. Here is what I put (with the ['s before and after the img tag ) img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/1264/shotgunstefankz2.png[/img
Posted Image
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#24 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:18 PM

Thank you nonsense.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users