My 1st Homemade

Mr. Anon--95% complete

24 replies to this topic

#1 Chanclas

Chanclas

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:16 AM

In honor of the current great cause, Anonymous Vs Scientology, I have decided to call my 1st homemade Mr. Anon--or maybe just Anon. The first goal was to make primary rifle that could use the mags from a Longshot or Recon, that part is succesful. The second goal was to add a foregrip pump like a shotgun, also succesful. Last, I wanted to use detachable stocks like the Recon, success again. The only thing wrong with the gun now is that it isn't complete. All that is left to build is the trigger and plunger.

The whole thing.
Posted Image

Compared to a Longshot shell.
Posted Image

Exploded view.
Posted Image
You can see that the trigger is already cut out, I just need to shape it further and add guide holes. This thing is a real bitch to cut out even with a diamond wheel. For some reason I was able to cut this metal with a normal cutting wheel faster than with the diamond wheel.

The bolt and barrel are the same as FA_24's Longshot Angel Breech but with slightly different measurements. See here, click for larger view:
Posted Image

I had to grind away the nub on the feed lip to fit the mag in the 3/4" thin-wall bolt carrier.
Posted Image

Click here for a Flash of the way the gun will work.

The measurements.
Anon:
whole length---------------24"
plunger stroke------------3.5"
effective barrel length----9.5"

Longshot:
whole length---------------23"
plunger stroke-------------ask Captain Slug"
effective barrel length-----9.5" (when Angel Breeched)

I will make a write-up while I make a second which should be immediately after finishing this one.

UPDATES:
You can start building Mr. Anon now! Click on components to see measurements. Click BACK to return to main page and select another part.

Bolt carrier/barrel design changed.

The trigger is complete.But trigger assembly still needs to be made.

Bolt carrier and plunger completed.

Okay, that's it for now. Question, comments, suggestions?

Edited by Chanclas, 11 July 2008 - 01:38 AM.

QUOTE(Groove @ Oct 30 2008, 08:58 AM) View Post
I can say Rambo is easily one of the coolest guys I've ever met.
I'm sorry, but you just lost any and all respect I had for you.
-Groove

Tits > Video Games

#2 voidSkipper

voidSkipper

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:14 AM

There are /b/tards on this forum? (fuck your rules 1 and 2) I didn't know. Either way, very nice weapon and writeup.

#3 Chanclas

Chanclas

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:56 AM

Thanks.

There are /b/tards here but I am most certainly not one. I'm not exactly for Anon, I'm just against Scientology. But I like the name--or not name.

Edited by Chanclas, 18 February 2008 - 05:56 AM.

-Groove

Tits > Video Games

#4 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:16 AM

Very cool!

I've been trying to make a breech that would suppost a Longshot clip, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

How exactly does your breech keep the clip in place? (It seems like the bolt does, but how do you move it?)
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#5 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:12 PM

Oooh... shiny. All joking aside, really nice first home made.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:51 PM

Interesting. Once you make more progress on the trigger I would recommend adding more material to the front of it to make it more comfortable.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

It looks sick. The foregrip is cool. Will it be used to cock it too?

When your done, post a writeup, I really want to make this.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#8 Chanclas

Chanclas

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:57 AM

OfAll, the brass bolt holds the clip tightly by itself. If it didn't the 3/4" thin-wall bolt carrier would have held it there because it has a tight fit over the feed lips causing the mag to hug the breech even tighter. But the pump action is still smooth and easy.

CaptainSlug, great to hear that you are interested but the front end of the gun is already heavy and will probably be too much so with added material. In the front is the barrel, the fore-grip, the barrel support, the ends of the 1" thin- and normal-walled upper and lower receivers. But in the back is just the handle, trigger, and catch which aren't heavy at all, even when combined. Though I think it will be much more balanced when using a stock.

Keef, yes, the fore-grip is used to cock the gun. I will definitely post a write-up on here as well as on Boltsniper's site if he's willing to host it. And tomorrow I can post the full design with measurements so you can start building now. The writeup will just be step-by-step in detail.

Yesterday I was thinking of how my grip is attached to the bolt carrier--by a nail that can be seen in the exploded picture in the first post--and decided that I needed to design it to be more secure. This is what I have now:
Posted Image
Click on picture for larger view.

Currently, the nail doesn't allow me to use the barrel spacer in the first design so in the new design I am changing the nail to screw, moving the spacer back a little and attaching the spacer to the bolt carrier instead of the barrel. The screw will go through the grip, the carrier and then will be fastened to the spacer, understand?

For OfAll and Keef, see:
Posted Image
Click on picture for larger view.

One more thing, I am going to make the hand grip detachable--like the Longshot Front Gun's-- so I can have a stock that is shaped like a P90's which is directly connected to the hand grip. The hand grip will screw on and off--I'll post designs tomorrow.
Posted Image

Edited by Chanclas, 19 February 2008 - 01:55 PM.

-Groove

Tits > Video Games

#9 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:39 AM

There are /b/tards on this forum? (fuck your rules 1 and 2) I didn't know. Either way, very nice weapon and writeup.

Please clarify what you mean by "fuck your rules 1 and 2".

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#10 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:45 AM

Very nice. How do you release the clip though? Is there a catch somewhere that I can't see?

#11 Chanclas

Chanclas

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:36 PM

Piney, he wasn't talking about the Haven's rules. He meant the Chan rules, rules one and two are both "Never talk about Chans". But everyone still does.

analogkid, you can just pull the mag out at any time. I was going to add the mag lock from the Longshot but as you can see in the whole picture in the first post the part of the mag that catches ends up outside the lower receiver. Better explanation, click to enlarge:
Posted Image

Besides, the mag doesn't need the lock because it holds very nicely on the breech alone.

Edited by Chanclas, 19 February 2008 - 02:45 PM.

-Groove

Tits > Video Games

#12 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:29 PM

Wow! This is sick, and awesome! What ranges are predicted out of Anon? I really like the fact that you can just use modded LS and RC clips, so you don't have to make it yourself. Can you fire stefans out of it? Or only streamlines?
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#13 Green Riptide

Green Riptide

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:47 PM

actually /b/'s rules one and two are

1. ZOMG NONE!!!1*
2. Global rules 1, 2, 4, 7, 9, and 10 are enforced.

Note: "ZOMG NONE!!!1" applies to moderators as well.

but, following haven rules 1 and 2,

Think Before You Post.
Don't post unless you have something to say.

I'm going to try and stay on topic.
I love the shotgun look, but I don't understand what you're trying to do with the p90 grip. The hand position is so far out that pumping would be awkward, not to mention that the contact point of the foregrip would probably be well beyond the breech... at least, if the mental picture I have is what you're actually doing. something like this-
Posted Image
where the foregrip moves forward along the doted white lines, separating from the trigger grip at the yellow lines.

on a related note, I can't be the only person to have considered hacking up the firefly shell and re-engineering it to be an FNP90. It has the perfect grip for it.

#14 Peter

Peter

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:49 PM

You damn newfags

1. Do not talk about /b/
2. do NOT talk about /b/
igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

#15 Chanclas

Chanclas

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:59 PM

You damn newfags

1. Do not talk about /b/
2. do NOT talk about /b/

actually /b/'s rules one and two are

1. ZOMG NONE!!!1*
2. Global rules 1, 2, 4, 7, 9, and 10 are enforced.

Note: "ZOMG NONE!!!1" applies to moderators as well.

Told you so. I was right about those rules, GR. And I wasn't going to put the mag into the stock I just wanted a stock shaped like the P90--not functional like the P90. Might be awkward but maybe not, we'll see.
-Groove

Tits > Video Games

#16 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:43 PM

CaptainSlug, great to hear that you are interested but the front end of the gun is already heavy and will probably be too much so with added material.

No, I was saying you need to widen the front of the trigger itself to make it more comfortable. Anything skinnier than 3/16" is going to be painful to squeeze.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#17 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:51 PM

If it were me, I'd go with a stock like a M249s. Not a saw stock, the little nub stock. The counter-strike M249. Looks good so far though.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#18 Chanclas

Chanclas

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:17 PM

CS, I was wondering why you mentioned the trigger. Yeah I am adding material to the trigger, see the Flash below.

Here are the plans. Click on the parts to see the measurements, click on the BACK button in the Flash to go back to main page and choose another part. The only parts not measured in the Flash is the entire body and the catch because they haven't been finalized.

You'll see that on the plunger I still don't have one of the materials listed--replaced by a "?"--because I don't know if I'll use a small size of brass or a wooden dowel rod.

I finished shaping the trigger. Just need to add some comfort to the front of it.
Posted Image

Edited by Chanclas, 11 July 2008 - 01:40 AM.

-Groove

Tits > Video Games

#19 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:56 PM

The brass will be more durable, but more expensive. If you want durable, and cheap, get a aluminum rod.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#20 Chanclas

Chanclas

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:08 AM

Edited my previous post--added picture^.

keef, I have a small enough brass I just don't know if it'd be better to nail wood inside of the CPVC or to super glue brass in there.

LMA, can you show me a picture of the stock you are talking about? I looked for it but I only see one kind of stock and I don't know if it is a SAW or a nub stock like you said.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try to complete the plunger and catch. If I'm lucky I can finalize Mr. Anon tomorrow night after work.

Bomberman, sorry I keep forgetting to answer your questions which are some very good ones that I should have answered in my initial post. I have no idea what the ranges will be but I can only guess that they'd be around the ranges of an Angel Breeched Longshot because the dimensions of the internals are so similar. And you can fire Micro Stefans, Streamlines, or Converted Dart Taggers.

Edited by Chanclas, 20 February 2008 - 12:48 AM.

-Groove

Tits > Video Games

#21 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:14 PM

Posted ImageIts a saw paratrooper model.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#22 Chanclas

Chanclas

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:03 AM

LMA, that stock looks usable and easy to build. Thanks for the suggestion.

Okay, now the updates that are late because my internet was messed up last night and earlier today.

Finished the plunger and bolt carrier.
Posted Image

EDIT: Here's the whole plunger. The extra white sticking out of the end will be cut later but for now it isn't in the way.
Posted Image

I will eventually update the flash plans to match the refined bolt carrier and plunger designs.

I tried to the firing today but the catch hole is too far back inside the catch piece to interact with the plunger. All I have to do is drill the new hole closer to the inner edge. If you don't understand I can make another colorful picture. After that I can test ranges one shot at a time by using a nail to temporarily hold the catch while primed. But to achieve total functionality of Mr. Anon I still need to attach the hand grip and add the trigger assembly (still in designing stage except trigger).

Edit: Anyone know why these pictures are larger than the ones in my first post when they were all resized to "message board size" on PhotoBucket?
--Looks like all the pictures stay that way for a while and then change later. Don't know why but apparently the pictures from last night are smaller today.

Edited by Chanclas, 22 February 2008 - 02:51 PM.

-Groove

Tits > Video Games

#23 voidSkipper

voidSkipper

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:30 AM

Please clarify what you mean by "fuck your rules 1 and 2".

-Piney-

Oh dear, I see how that could've been taken badly - I was referring to the unofficial rules of 4chan's random board, which are largely mirrored from the rules of Fight Club, not the rules of the NerfHaven board.

#24 Chanclas

Chanclas

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:46 PM

I know it has been over a week but I'm still working on Mr. Anon. I started the trigger assembly a couple Sundays ago and when I realized I cut some parts wrong I suddenly became very bored. So I gave it a rest. This past Sunday I was going to get back to it but instead fixed up some other guns and did little adjustments to Mr. Anon, more on that below. Today I will get to it after I go to Lowe's for a minute. For now I'm adding some more pictures...

Here are most of the parts.
Posted Image

The whole thing assembled minus handle and mag.
Posted Image

When I finished the plunger almost two weeks ago I super glued the catch face onto the marker that fits inside of the CPVC. That wasn't strong enough, it broke after about seven shots--yes the gun can fire. So I super glued it some more. Broke again after several shots. So Sunday I drilled a hole and stuck a screw in there, cut the tip and head off, and super glued it. It should not break anymore.

The fixed plunger.
Posted Image

Part of the trigger assembly. Those guide pieces are 1/8" Lexan and aren't cut straight, gotta cut new ones today.
Posted Image

Since the fore grip is now screwed onto the bolt carrier I had to make a guide in the lower receiver for the heads of the screws.
Posted Image

To make my mag stefan-compatible I did what FA_24 did, I used brass square tubes as the follower guides. This is bunches easier than cutting plastic strips, I just used some big wire cutters to cut the tubing at the correct length.
Posted Image

It might not matter to some of you but I didn't make the pictures links like I have before because it takes twice as long and I don't have that time anymore. But it shouldn't matter since the pictures are big enough to show everything you need to see.

And about the gun firing, it fires very hard but I don't know the exact ranges. I was using a streamline during the first tests and even though those things suck it shot pretty accurately. Then I used a stefan my little brother made, it sucks too but gave him a nasty welt on his stomach when he asked me to shoot point blank--he's a masochist or something, likes to point blank himself with all of my guns. That was Sunday and he still has the welt. My super strong water-converted-nerf gun gave him a welt too but it only lasted an hour. During the first tests it was raining out and Sunday it was too windy to range test. I'll post ranges when I finish the trigger.

Now to Lowe's...

Edited by Chanclas, 04 March 2008 - 01:52 PM.

-Groove

Tits > Video Games

#25 Chanclas

Chanclas

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:08 PM

This is most of the trigger assembly. The next step is bending a nail for the catch, drilling more holes for assembly screws, cutting some couplers for those screws to fasten into (you'll soon see what I mean if you don't understand).
Posted Image

I remade the guide pieces for the trigger out of the same 1/8" Lexan and super glued another section of Lexan on top those (perpendicular to the trigger, like this: _||_, pictures tomorrow). Then I cut and shaped some 1/2" coupler and super glued that to the flat section on top of the guides, this will make the trigger assembly level inside of the lower receiver--it is also how the trigger assembly will be fastened to the lower receiver.

See the 1/2" PVC that sticks out the back of the lower receiver? It's a little longer than its counterpart above it but it will not hinder performance so it can stay for now.

See the 1" PVC half-section that is laying next to the trigger and its own half-section? That can be used to make an exchangeable stocks.

To explain, the trigger support will be screwed to the half-section which will be glued or screw to the hand grip. All of that will be screwed to the lower receiver.
-Groove

Tits > Video Games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users