The Vulcan

Crap talk and speculation galore until the release date

740 replies to this topic

#1 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:34 PM

The moment I heard about the vulcan i needed to do more. So i did some research and when i say research i mean google and this what i came up with

NERF N-STRIKE VULCAN EBF-25

The top-of-the-line blaster for mission supremacy, the NERF N-STRIKE VULCAN EBF-25 blaster is a 25-dart belt-fed fully automatic blaster that will intimidate any opponent. This impressive blaster comes complete with a fold-up tripod to steady your aim, 25 sonic micro darts that whistle through the air when launched and a 25-dart belt. The NERF N-STRIKE VULCAN EBF-25 blaster features the Tactical Rail System allowing players to customize their blaster for each mission - for example, players can use the green 'night vision' Tactical Light accessory (sold separately) for nighttime missions. Six "D" batteries are required but not included. (Ages 6 years & up/Approximate Retail Price: $39.99/Available: Fall 2008)

http://www.newsobser.../941980-p4.html
the article is 3 quarters down.
sounds like a support weapon...
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:37 PM

Just sounds heavy and awkward to me.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

6 D battery's!

#4 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Damn, you're hard up to find out, huh?

But good find, joey. The saga begins.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#5 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:52 PM

Well, it comes on a tripod, if it is good I can imagine it being a highly effective weapon for capture the flag, humans vs. zombies, and assassins. Let's hope it is air powered and not battery powered, that is if (big if) the 6-D batteries are only used for advancing the belt.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#6 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:05 PM

Sounds like a bitch to mod. Do they even MAKE D cells anymore?

Doesn't sound very mod-friendly or stefan-friendly. But good find, and it sounds like THE weapon to have for stock wars.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#7 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:06 PM

Haha. I'm probably going to have more fun than I should with this thing. My only worry is the tripod. It's probably going to be plastic and very crappy. But that's why we have thrift stores... for better tripods..

Edited by penguin807, 13 February 2008 - 09:15 PM.

#8 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:09 PM

Well, it comes on a tripod, if it is good I can imagine it being a highly effective weapon for capture the flag, humans vs. zombies, and assassins. Let's hope it is air powered and not battery powered, that is if (big if) the 6-D batteries are only used for advancing the belt.

Yeah I'm not spending $40 on an electronic nerf gun.

Also if it's air powered, and uses a belt clip, chances are they will be a bladder.
If there is no bladder it will fire all the darts at once which is pretty gay.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#9 vaan

vaan

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:14 PM

I'd think that with 6 D batteries that it would be like the mech tommy 20, in the case that it fires, and rotates, execpt at a much faster rate. because if 3 tripple A's worked for about 15 feet and did that, then the Vulcan should in theory be better.

#10 Kalentar13

Kalentar13

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:24 PM

This might have promise. All ye Rambo fans are going to like it.
Might fit in well at the local ZvH games, especially with the bad rule changes the council is making.
Time to start dreaming up new integrations...
The Three Shall Spread Their Blackened Wings and Be the Vengeful Striking Hammer of God.

#11 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:24 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the letter/digit combo at the end of the names of N-STRKE Blasters usually say the type of gun, and the amount of ammo it holds? examples:

CS-6: Clip Shooter-6 darts
REV-8: Revolver-8 darts
EBF-25: Electronically Belt Fed-25 darts

Back on topic, this thing sounds like a mini-beast. Might be hard to mod. :mellow:
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#12 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:29 PM

All ye Rambo fans are going to like it.

Hell Yeah, anyways this thing sounds like a beast.
So I recently got a Razor Fin from Poo, and decided to dig right in.

#13 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:37 PM

I'd think that with 6 D batteries that it would be like the mech tommy 20, in the case that it fires, and rotates, execpt at a much faster rate. because if 3 tripple A's worked for about 15 feet and did that, then the Vulcan should in theory be better.

I don't know if that's such an accurate theory. You have to remember no battery power in the MT20 is wasted going into rotation, seeing as how it is semi-automatic and rotates using a mechanism. The Vulcan is automatic, meaning the batteries almost definitely control the mechanism which moves the belt too, so not all the power of the 6-D batteries is going into firing the darts.

Anyways, I can already see it, people making super long belts and mounting this thing on top of a structure and just raining darts down upon everyone.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#14 angelof DEATH182

angelof DEATH182

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:46 PM

If we get REALLY lucky, we might be able to convert the chains back to chainblazer/rototrack/razorbeast usage!

#15 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:48 PM

I am so pumped! I nerf indoors mostly, so I don't need to worry as much about modding. This gun's gonna be awesome! :mellow:

EDIT: I just clicked in the link to that article, and for some reason I found the "HELMET HEROES" bit to be extremely funny, mostly because of the name.

HELMET HEROES...

Edited by Captain, 13 February 2008 - 09:05 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#16 Kabuki

Kabuki

• Banned
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

I truly hope that this uses some sort of mechanism where the power or rate of recharge, or SOMETHING is based on battery voltage. Mainly because if something is rated to handle nine volts (6 x 1.5V), then there is a good likelihood that it can be retrofitted to run on twelve, 14.4, or maybe even more.
QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Feb 21 2008, 06:03 AM) View Post

How come no one ever intends to create a pun? Whenever I make a pun it is always intended. There's nothing wrong with puns.

#17 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:56 PM

...batteries...

[Ep.III Darth Vader] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! [/Ep.III Darth Vader]

Why, Hasbro? Why have you forsaken the us? And not only us, but all the children of the world...(except maybe children of those involved in the battery industry).

I'm gonna go be depressed now.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#18 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:59 PM

This is just a Magstrike with a chain. The only difference is the BELT is electronically fed. If the firing mech was battery powered, it wouldn't be full auto, it would be Semi.
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#19 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:11 PM

I am looking forward to using this in assassin and stock wars alike. My Recon may just have to be content as a sidearm starting in the fall.

#20 hornet

hornet

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:13 PM

I bet the six d batteries rotate the chain and pull back and release a small maverick type plunger :mellow:

Edited by hornet, 13 February 2008 - 09:13 PM.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

#21 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:13 PM

This thing may not have a lot of modding potential, but it will be crazy fun if we could connect the chains together especially since no pumping would be required.
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#22 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:17 PM

...batteries...

[Ep.III Darth Vader] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! [/Ep.III Darth Vader]

[Ep.V Luke Skywalker] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! [/Ep.V Luke Skywalker]
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#23 hornet

hornet

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:35 PM

I winder when we will get a pic? Also i wonder what OMC knows about this gun.
Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

#24 matteroniandcheese

matteroniandcheese

• Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:41 PM

As much as I dislike the idea of batteries, it does make the gun more useful, in ways. If you just make a REALLY long belt, there wouldn't be a limit to how long you could keep shooting it. It would be like an extended clip magstrike, but with an infinite bladder (battery).

#25 camo

camo

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

$10 to the first person to integrates it into a longshot?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users