Separating the Strongarm Turret

10 replies to this topic

#1 andyvhong

andyvhong

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

Hello,

Has anyone been able to cleanly take the turret assembly apart on the elite strongarm? The large grey rotating piece on the front slides out, but I can't get the back one out. I have tried jamming a hammer behind and prying it off, but I can't get it off without potentially damaging it. Unlike the maverick, there is no metal rod with pegs at the end you can simply pop off.

This is where I'm at:

Posted Image

#2 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Is it possible to get more pics up?
Welcome to nh by the way,

Mully

Edited by Mully, 29 December 2012 - 02:41 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#3 therealnerfjunkies

therealnerfjunkies

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Is it possible to get more pics up?
If there are screws, it would be really easy, but I'm assuming their aren't.
Welcome to nh by the way,

Wow, that was helpful Mully.
It is probably glued together. Weaken the bond by putting it in boiling water.
"You forgot the one rule of making a remake. Don't fuck with the original."

#4 andyvhong

andyvhong

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Thanks for the welcome :)

I snapped a few more shots of the turret.

I don't see any screws, but the assembly does not seem glued together. Note the dotted line in one of the images. If I apply enough force, it does give way along the line a tiny bit. It's not enough to pull the thing apart, but would imply it is not held together by glue. I could be wrong

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Swatsonia

Swatsonia

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Are you simply trying to remove the air restrictors? If so, you should be able to cleanly remove the AR assembly by cutting them out from the back.

#6 andyvhong

andyvhong

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

I'm going for a barrel replacement so I do need to disassemble the thing.

Interesting to note that the only restrictor is in the plunger tube contrary to old ARs.

#7 Funky Mutha Facko

Funky Mutha Facko

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Well you could always just find a way around opening it. Cut out the are/ dart peg parts and try to just drill the barrels out. It may get tricky to clean out, but not impossible.

Today's tip: Every nerfer should pick up a long hemostat for getting into those really tough to reach places.
HARDCORE NERF!

#8 hamoidar

hamoidar

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

The gun gets 75ft ranges stock. Removing the dart post/grate will not increase range. Instead, try removing the AR.

EDIT: nevermind, I didn't see where you said you were doing a barrel replacement. This is what happens when you stay up til 3am.

Edited by hamoidar, 29 December 2012 - 09:21 PM.

NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: http://nerfhaven.com...howuser=114052' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Best thing on Nerfhaven!

#9 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

You are doing something that has never been done before on this particular blaster, and furthermore this blaster is one that most people here have never even seen in person. So you are probably one of the most knowledgeable people out there when it comes to the Strongarm. If I had to GUESS I would say that maybe the turret is snapped in place by strong tabs? You may end up breaking the turret, but that's a risk you run when you try new things. Good luck to you either way.

#10 meltycheese

meltycheese

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

If you look straight at the back of the turret and spin it around you will notice there are 4 shallow holes and 2 deep holes. At the bottom of the deep holes there are 2 screws, you should be able to get your screw driver in and to the screws.

Happy Rebarreling :P

Edited by meltycheese, 01 January 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#11 kevne

kevne

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

If you look straight at the back of the turret and spin it around you will notice there are 4 shallow holes and 2 deep holes. At the bottom of the deep holes there are 2 screws, you should be able to get your screw driver in and to the screws.

Melty Cheese beat me to it!

There are only two screws holding it together but they are partially hidden by the grey piece on the back.

Here are some pics to help you.

Posted Image

Posted Image
BritNerf, the Queen's favourite Nerf Forum.

The UK's most popular Nerf Blog.

I also have a Website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users