Photo

Phoenix Down! Rising From the Ashes! May 7th!

Pennsylvania's First War Since the Shitstorm!

41 replies to this topic

#26 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

Bingo bango I taste mango. I do declare I will be there.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#27 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

Posting an attendance list to woo you with this extra sexy line-up.

conFIRMed:
-Gears
-Muttonchops
-Langley
-andtheherois
-deadshooter711
-LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!
-Koree
-Curtis
-Slightlysane813
-TED
-Lucian

Edited by Gears, 01 May 2011 - 02:07 PM.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#28 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:17 PM

Turns out I wont be able to go. I just got sued by some assholes for an accident that happened over a year ago and now i've gotta meet with my insurance company to make sure this doesn't become an issue.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#29 SlightlySane813

SlightlySane813

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

For some reason I suck at making slugs and after hours upon hours of testing I've concluded that I stink at making slugs more than I thought.

So after seeing that all of the darts I made cut the ranges of all my guns in half I've came up with this design:

Posted Image

I took my modified streamlines and added a thick felt on top.

So I was wondering if this would be acceptable for a substitute for slugs?

Sorry for the bad pic I was outside of my regular workshop.

Edited by SlightlySane813, 03 May 2011 - 08:18 PM.

Also known as the French Canadian eh!

#30 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

Fuck.

Can't make it this time around, I'll see you guys at the next one. Be sure to take enough pics to make me regret missing this.

Edited by Lucian, 04 May 2011 - 05:11 PM.

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#31 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:04 PM

Oh wow. I'll really sorry to hear andtheherois. That's pretty fucked up. Also, no one likes you Lucian! Burn!

And Slightlysane, yeah, stock darts are pretty much universally cool with any nerf war (Nerf guns!). As long as you're not hiding any slingshot ammo under the felt, I see no issue ^_^

-Groove out.

#32 SlightlySane813

SlightlySane813

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

Ya, all thats under the felt is hot glue.
Also known as the French Canadian eh!

#33 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:19 AM

No problem then. Also, if you are 100% confirmed in coming, feel free to PM me and I'll give you my number. The park isn't tough to find, but I'd like to see everyone make it.

Edited by Gears, 06 May 2011 - 09:19 AM.

-Groove out.

#34 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

Wow, how do you all conveniently have random scheduling on this momentous Saturday? That sucks. I'll take pics for ya!

What time's the earliest I should be there? I'll be bringing 1 friend with me, then the other 3 or 4 will come with their own rides soon later.
Would if be alright if you guys could bring some extra guns for them to use? I'm not sure they'd get the full experience with my crap.

guns I'll be bringing to sell:
2 stock Mavs, 4 Diskshots (2 stock), 1 stock Recon, 1 stock longshot, 1 stock Raider (no clip. IT'S MINE!), NIB AT1K , 1 Deploy, 2 Red dot sights, scope, double Nf manta.
so.....yeah

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#35 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:19 AM

Final update, and a pretty crucial one for people who have not been to the park before. When you first make the turn off of Baltimore Pike onto the road leading to the park, DO NOT park in the first parking lot. Go straight the the second. It's about 500 or so feet down the road. You will see us, no problem.

-Groove out.

#36 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:55 PM

Well I had a pretty great time. I'm glad all my friends were able to make it (except my very ELUSIVE one). Thanks, to the guys that let them use their guns for the duration of the war! It would've been a useless trip if you hadn't let them! Sorry if they caused any trouble. Also, Phil, leaving a bag of good stuff on the field as you're leaving might not be the best idea... :rolleyes:

And also, I either have to find a way to make streamlines go straight, or start constructing some heavy stefan changes in the clips since I was basically carrying *clip gun heaven* in a box.

Edited by deadshooter711, 07 May 2011 - 05:59 PM.

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#37 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

Just wanna say thanks to everyone who made it out yesterday. Was pretty great from the start and the momentum continued on for the entire day. I understand the relocation was a bit of a bummer, but next time I will make it so I secure a picnic permit. BBQing and Nerf, sons.

Pretty much played one of the most entertaining rounds of the day with myself and Curtis teamed up in a Wingman-Primaries round. The miscommunications were extremely hilarious. Also, using the 4JAX exclusively all day makes me want to start lifting weights.

-Groove out.

#38 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

Excellent war. Thanks to Gears for putting it all together and Muttonchops for helping with crowd control, and to everyone else who traveled from near and far to nerf with us. It was nice to finally match a face to a username for deadshooter, sane, and LT. Also props to deadshooter's posse. All your new guys were on their best behavior and took to NIC nerfing really well.

Also I just wanted to say how great it was to spend a whole war playing really fast paced high-energy rounds of team deathmatch and other elimination-based gametypes. DM is still alive and well on the East Coast, and anyone who has a problem with that just needs to scrape the sand out of their vagina.

I understand the relocation was a bit of a bummer, but next time I will make it so I secure a picnic permit. BBQing and Nerf, sons.

As the person who probably made the biggest deal out of this yesterday, it really wasn't a problem. Nerfing a little farther down the hill was great. I was just concerned that we would have more problems with other people in the park after we moved. In the future though, to prevent any potential problems, a permit might not be a bad idea. And any excuse to get chops behind a grill in his pink frilly apron is fine by me.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#39 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:02 AM

So pissed that i missed this war. I went to my insurance company and it took them maybe half an hour to tell me they'll take care of everything, But i had to wait for my dad since I'm cosigned under him.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#40 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

I didn't really take any pics of any badass flips or breakdances but these are mostly poses.

BIG PICS, because they're that much cooler.

This is my buddy Rich with his Airsoft vest. I didn't see that thing beforehand but that is HUGELY unnecessary.
Posted Image

Some strategic strategizing being strategized
Posted Image

Posted Image

I think my buddy Mike is grabbing his crotch in this one
Posted Image

Posted Image

Such composure!
Posted Image

WHOOSH
Posted Image

You kinda didn't seem like you wanted me to take a picture of you but i took one anyway...
Posted Image

My friend's little brother who did surprisingly well.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yep
Posted Image

and I just thought this looked cool...
Posted Image

I was going to take a pic of the soda can that had the hole in it but I accidently took a 2 second video and then my cam died. So here's the link and such.

Edited by deadshooter711, 09 May 2011 - 05:11 PM.

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#41 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:35 PM

I will just reiterate what's been said: great war, had an awesome time, met some cool people, and my muscles are sore.

Well done Gears; your hosting was much appreciated.

#42 LT DAN ICE CREAM

LT DAN ICE CREAM

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:49 PM

I didn't know so many people had a crush on my Salvo-con. Damned good war, hope we can get another one going sometime soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users