Nerf On Frappr

Put yourself on da Map!

77 replies to this topic

#26 Enigma1313

Enigma1313

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:57 PM

Yea...I find that whole "put your marker on the house" gadget really, really cool. If you zoom in on me and go east a bit, you can even see the park where me and my buddies Nerf. It's all of 1/2 a mile from my house.

And thanks to all for signing up! Those of you who haven't, do it. No questions...just do it.
"Excellence over Compassion. Hatred over Foregiveness. Dedication before Forfeit. So is the way of the Enigma."
-Excerpt from the Preamble of the Enigma Code.

#27 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:05 PM

For personal reasons, you will not see the marker on my house. I think it's rather obvious why. In fact, it won't be within a city block.

Not that I live there for more than 4 months out of the year anyway, but it's the principle of the thing.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#28 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:13 PM

I'm on the map now marked it exactly on my house. Whats realy scary is that the satellite images alow me to zoom in on the base near my house.

You have to realize that most of these pictures are several years old. google earths pictures of my area are about 4-5 years old. So they would be of little use to anyone.(I'm sure Google had to go through a sea of red tape before being allowed to do this)
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#29 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:25 PM

If you go sit exactly where my marker is and wait a while you might see me or you might get run over, depending on your luck.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#30 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:05 AM

I'd like to see everyone (or as many members as possible) get involved in this. It will save new users a lot of time, and hopefully prevent the "R there ne nerfers in ______?????????" topics.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#31 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:12 AM

I don't think we'll ever be able to get rid of the "any Nerfers here?" threads, but if more people sign up we can just point them to the Frappr, so it will make things easier. I put myself on there, but if you're within fifty miles of someone else only one marker will show up when you're zoomed out a bit.
SexD Warves

#32 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:17 AM

I'm about to sign everyone in SoCal up forcefully because they're largely lazy bums.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#33 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:46 PM

For those of you who have seen the Dawn of the dead special features. This reminds me of the 15 minutes of news about the zombies and it starts to list the outbreaks on the map just like Frappr. Hour 8 there were like only a few red dots of infection on the map but by hour 20 they were all over the globe. Lets help make nerf an epidemic and sign up.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 03 February 2006 - 12:51 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#34 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:24 PM

For the record, NJ lasted until like hour 20 or so. Nevermind Texas, don't FUCK with NJ.
I hate you.

#35 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:37 PM

I'm in, but there is a problem on my PC.

Everytime I load the page, I get a "Run time error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line: 236 'Gmap' is undefined". I'm not exactly the most computer savvy person around, so is there a way I can fix this? Without doing so, I cannot view the map. Help here would be appreciated.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#36 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:42 PM

Could be your browser, which one are you using?
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#37 theyellowdartmti

theyellowdartmti

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:30 AM

Joined a while ago.
Yo duxurbian or whatever your name is, you live in ridgewood? Where?

-dart
Active at NHQ, as theyellowdartmti

#38 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:16 PM

Near the Glen Rock border. Congrats on being the 9,999,999th person to mis-spell my name, despite is being on all ~5000 or so total posts I have made on online forums over the past 3 years. :P

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#39 theyellowdartmti

theyellowdartmti

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:19 PM

I live in hawthorne, also right by the glen rock border. Right off of Lincoln ave.

-dart
Active at NHQ, as theyellowdartmti

#40 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:50 PM

Great idea, I'm on the map. This will be a much easier way to organize wars and see who is in your area.
Member of Team Stealth

-Check it out and vote in our poll!

#41 No-iD

No-iD

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:26 PM

I pinned myself up in central ohio. This was a great idea, now I can see exactly how many nerfers are out in my area.

- No-iD -
One by one the penguins take my sanity

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) Helping bunny on his way to World Domination!

#42 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:13 AM

I'm about to sign everyone in SoCal up forcefully because they're largely lazy bums.

I agree. Definitely agree.

but I'm in. I put my marker at Cullen Elementary school, the current CAFF , YANO, etc. location.

If you sit on it long enough, you'll get headshotted and fall off the cafeteria roof, while a bunch of high schoolers laugh at your pathetic ass.

Until I'm in San Diego next fall semester, consider that the location of my whole clan. That's 15.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#43 schoute1587

schoute1587

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:33 PM

I'm on there too, i'm the gangsta dude around cincinnati.
"The Big E"

#44 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:56 PM

I just put myself on it, I'm down in the Imperial Beach/Chula Vista - San Diego area.
Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

#45 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:08 PM

I live near a whopping 2 people in Northern Virginia...
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#46 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:23 PM

Yep...there's a good three people total in the state of MI....where'd the Merry Men of Michigan or whaterver they're called go? Or did they get out of the "sport" or something...
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#47 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:42 PM

Hey, I live in MN but my dad lives in MI and I go visit every other weekend -- so if there's ever a way to get Nerf guns on a plane...
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#48 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:53 PM

Better yet...two arsenals...

What part of MI? I'm in the Grand Rapids area, so...I have a nice backyard and now have a total of four people* (including me) here into Nerf. If I can get a few others, and you could bring a few others somehow, we might be able to plan something later...

Nerf guns on a plane...as long as they are obviously toys, they may be kept off person, in a large, lockable case.

*Ages range from 15 (youngest) to 21-22 (oldest, brother of youngest). The other two of use act older than our age by a large number of years and take what we do very serisouly. One thing you will never have to worry about is inflicting too much pain; one of use has voluntarily wanted to be shot with a donut hole moving faster than 300 fps.

Edit: Fixed a few things, added a few things...

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 24 March 2006 - 10:06 PM.

#49 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:04 PM

There are plenty of nerfers in MI, including myself. Just check the Merry Men of Michigan website or the sticky at nhq. This is one list of MI nerfers:

Michigan
3M (Merry Men of Michigan)
Uriel
Lefty
Veggie
Exterminator
BlackOut(Doesnt Really post but still nerfs)
FNCNY
Yooper
No Clan
Freakydude
Duce
manwithmanyguns

There are some others still.
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#50 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:12 PM

Unfortunatly they have yet to put themselves on that map, but meh...

Over this summer, I might be able to plan something...I just need to get teh okay to do so. By the way, that is mostly state owned land where I could legally hunt, so it is definitly a good choice for Nerf. Good luck finding darts...I usually will go back there once every few months (when I get bored) and pick up the place...kinda...

Well, I have some photos of my place, which has a few acres in a very tall rectangle. They are in a topic found here. I think that has most of the pictures in that first post. That field is well over 400 yards or so long, with a rather large drainage creek/river dividing it in, 2 and 3 fifths? Anyway, it takes a good 20 minutes to walk all the way to that other set of woods and back, from my house, with a good stride.

Well, I edited something...

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 24 March 2006 - 10:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users